There are 279 users in the forums

Brandon Jacobs Suspended (per twitter)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hofer36:
why not cut him loose and let him explore options elsewhere if youre not going to give him a chance? Things like this will be noticed by other players in the league, such as potential free agents

We're not going to be a big player in free agency anyway. We have too much of our own talent that we have to re-sign/extend.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
The Webzone front page article says that Jacobs is going to file grievance?

this is getting real ugly. Saw that coming. What a waste of roster space and money. I knew he would be a cancer. He just came from the giants i mean how could he genuinely want to beat up on the giants after getting a ring with them and beating us. This is disturbing just drop the bum and use the space wisely. Why let him go this far knowing our plays and audibles ?! I'm sickened by this disgusting level of betrayal. I feel like we've been infiltrated and exposed.

We get his roster space back w/the suspension, AND he is not allowed back at the facility. It really is a better option than releasing him and allowing him to go anywhere he wants.

why not cut him loose and let him explore options elsewhere if youre not going to give him a chance? Things like this will be noticed by other players in the league, such as potential free agents

If you give him what he wants, then you send a message to the rest of the team that you can act like a punk and get your way, if you aren't where you think you belong on the depth chart. Screw that guy and his selfish attitude.
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
The Webzone front page article says that Jacobs is going to file grievance?

this is getting real ugly. Saw that coming. What a waste of roster space and money. I knew he would be a cancer. He just came from the giants i mean how could he genuinely want to beat up on the giants after getting a ring with them and beating us. This is disturbing just drop the bum and use the space wisely. Why let him go this far knowing our plays and audibles ?! I'm sickened by this disgusting level of betrayal. I feel like we've been infiltrated and exposed.

We get his roster space back w/the suspension, AND he is not allowed back at the facility. It really is a better option than releasing him and allowing him to go anywhere he wants.

He signed a f**king contract with the most talented/crowded backfield in the league. He had no other options, thats the whole point. No one else, even his own team wanted him. He is washed up, and soon to be unemployed for the forseeable future. On top of that hes a f**king headcase. f**k Jacobs. This is just who he is and always has been. Niners dont owe him s**t.
Well gosh darn. I thought this might be the first time in recorded human history that a person with a terrible attitude magically changed into a great person.
If you give him what he wants, then you send a message to the rest of the team that you can act like a punk and get your way, if you aren't where you think you belong on the depth chart. Screw that guy and his selfish attitude.

Agreed, Harbaugh certainly can't send that message.
Originally posted by Muggins:
Not sure exactly what he's saying here but I guess he's saying we are a good team..

I understand the team has talent, but we've had talent before harb got here but that talent didn't produce with Nolan or Sing, so imo Harb does and should get credit for coaching the team. If he wants to spread the credit fine, Baalke gets credit also and Jed for spending and for paraag for signing players to a great contract. He deserve to get suspended because he opens his mouth without thinking.
Good he is useless as a player and terrible as a team mate. Serves him right he should keep his big mouth shut. Hopefully we release him and nobody else signs him.

Dude is a diva like T.O. except without all the talent.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Good he is useless as a player and terrible as a team mate. Serves him right he should keep his big mouth shut. Hopefully we release him and nobody else signs him.

Dude is a diva like T.O. except without all the talent.

So you're saying we should sign TO?
f**k him. he was chillin in the giants locker room after we got steamrolled instead of being with his teamates and hes been a whiny b***h the whole time hes been here. if moss can be a model citizen when hes an actual HOF player not getting the touches hes used to who the f**k is jacobs to complain?
^^^^^^ what he said!

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
to be fair, moss has suited up and played in every game this season. Jacobs didn't even suit up until a couple weeks ago. I can understand his frustration, but he went about voicing it the wrong way.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Why suspend him and not cut him? What is the logic in this?

The logic is, if the Niners cut Jacobs, he could sign with a team the Niners might meet in the playoffs, especially someone in need of running back help (Hello, Giants. Hello, Packers) and why do anything that hurts our team and helps someone else?

Jacobs is just Ron Dayne Reborn. A big power back that goes down on the first hit. He's a backup at best and on a team with our depth a backup's backup.

I would bet he wins his grievance and the 49ers have to pay him, but they won't release him until after the playoffs. Then, we'll see who wants to be bothered with his punk a**
Wow, to think I was partially looking forward to having him on board when we signed him. What a disappointing turn of events this has become. He deserves the suspension for his crying & whining no doubt. Later Jacobs.....at least his fellow former Giants teammate Mario Manningham has class & sticks to his role on the team regardless of how active he is every week in the game plan.

Also, shout out to Randy Moss for doing the same as Manningham. Great additions.
[ Edited by Candlestick_Monsta on Dec 11, 2012 at 6:15 AM ]
You know I was very patient with the whole Jacobs thing.....I like giving guys a second chance, and everything.

But the whining has finally got to me, and when it bothers ME, it's unacceptable!

My biggest wish now is that Jacobs indeed tipped the Giants off, and it gets proven. That game is over anyways, and it would be a huge punishment for him and asterisk their win against us.

Wishful thinking, but good to be an optimist.
Sad example of the career arc. Player earns respect, player becomes professional and plays for years, players performance declines but player still thinks he's as good as he was.
Share 49ersWebzone