There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Brandon Jacobs Suspended (per twitter)

Anyone else find it funny that we signed this guy off the Giants and have been trolling him ever since? Gave him preseason work then shut him down once the real games started. Have him suit up and watch the Niners-Giants game. And now we are taking away your paycheck.

Hilarious.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Anyone else find it funny that we signed this guy off the Giants and have been trolling him ever since? Gave him preseason work then shut him down once the real games started. Have him suit up and watch the Niners-Giants game. And now we are taking away your paycheck.

Hilarious.

I think he was signed as more of an insurance for an in between the line north south rb in case Gore was injured, same reason I believe we drafted LMJ was in case Hunter went down.
don't let door hit you where the good lord split yea.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ohio49er:
According to Pro Football Talk, Jacobs is going to file a grievance against the 49ers.

The decision to suspend him without pay for the last three games is probably going to come back to bite the Niners. I'd be surprised if they can do this.

i never understood why they took Jacobs in the first place. He's a power back that doesn't run with power. He's a whiner and a complainer. If he griped in New York, why did Harbaugh think he'd be a better fit in San Francisco.

Good thing this is a cheap date. It may turn out to be a bit more expensive than the Niners had thought it would be.
of all the things we could worry about,, where he ends up and us maybe playing him again is not among them
Originally posted by cciowa:
of all the things we could worry about,, where he ends up and us maybe playing him again is not among them

Its not playing against him to worry about, its the information he will share with that team related to our playbook. Especially how in the Giants game Bradshaw seemed to know exactly what play we were calling on the 2nd pick I think and called it out to the defense from the sidelines.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Hilarious.

And stupid. I really wouldn't be surprised if that toolbag gave the Giants our playbook, and if he didn't, now he definitely will. Hell, he may just do that for the rest of the league.

Time to cut him loose and stop playing Kaepernick as Smith-light. Build an offense around Kaepernick. It might be too soon, but now we don't have a choice.
Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper:
And stupid. I really wouldn't be surprised if that toolbag gave the Giants our playbook, and if he didn't, now he definitely will. Hell, he may just do that for the rest of the league.

Time to cut him loose and stop playing Kaepernick as Smith-light. Build an offense around Kaepernick. It might be too soon, but now we don't have a choice.

Why build a offense around our QB when it seems our QB has become quite fit for the offense we already have.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

Why build a offense around our QB when it seems our QB has become quite fit for the offense we already have.

In bold and underlined.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

In bold and underlined.

Rebuild a freshly built offense because what this d-bag could leak to other teams? Not needed. Let him leak it, we are becoming more versitile, and a bigger threat although people dont want to see it that way, its somewhat fact. The more our QB matures the less relevant the info Jacobs has becomes. Keep him on the team suspended till the end of the season, making him little to no threat to leaking our precious playbook and gameplans, and giving our QB time to mature and become less transparent, and predictable to defenses, by the beginning of next season any information Jacobs has will be nothing more then dust in the wind.
Does anyone have a link to the story about how the Giants knew all our plays? Or is that just a rumor?
my wife posted this on my fb yesterday i think it relates to this subject very well.

Originally posted by spizzy:
Does anyone have a link to the story about how the Giants knew all our plays? Or is that just a rumor?

I think its mostly just rumor and perspective, but ahmad bradshaw calling our plays to the Giants defense did make those rumors awfully believable.
Why suspend him and not cut him? What is the logic in this?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Protecting information or keeping us from having to play him, or possibly both. Suspending him also means we dont have to pay him as much either,
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

You haven't read any articles on the subject have you?

Technically he's still on the team but we don't have to pay him. If there were an injury to any of our rb's we can lift the suspension and bring him back.

Makes perfect sense.