There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Brandon Jacobs Suspended (per twitter)

Originally posted by ruthless49er:
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by MarkD:
So "Earth" is mad again huh. He better shut his mouth or he will be joining "Wind" and "Fire"

What?

hmm if i remember correctly
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2008/09/new_york_giants_bakfield_nickn.html

Thank you! Had forgotten those labels.
Cut Jacobs and sign Sheets.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Cut Jacobs and sign Sheets.

Lol...member the korey watch thread
if we play the giants in the playoffs, he better not touch the ball. He'll fumble that s**t on purpose.
He's been know to run his mouth, thats pretty much all hes good for these days
I just don't see why we even keep him around? He's a liability. Is there some sort of financial reason why he hasn't been let go? It no make a no sense.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
if we play the giants in the playoffs, he better not touch the ball. He'll fumble that s**t on purpose.

At this point, I'd tell him he was starting the week prior to a game against the Giants then deactivate him right before kickoff, just so his b***h ass wouldn't give our plays away during the week. We just have to find a way to also deactivate his cell phone prior to kickoff so he doesn't tweet our gameplan to his Giants teamates.

I would empathize with him to any capacity if he weren't so self-absorbed. This is a team game and any asshat who gets paid like him and whines about wanting to be back with his old team, can go f**k himself. And I'd say that to his face.
I'm sick of that guys whining. But with that being said I think we need him. We are much thinner now without Kendall Hunter. And LaMichael James is hugely unproven and had a terrible preseason. I don't think we can cut the guy right now. He is effective as a downhill runner for 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 or around the goal line. He can get the tough yards. Jacobs is just older now. He's lost a step and had some injuries. The Giants for all purposes mainly gave up on him. And he is here in a backup role. He hasn't accepted that new role. It's just where he is at now. He's not the featured back anymore. He's had a hard time accepting it. I can appreciate a guy being competative. But the whinny stuff I can live without.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

At this point, I'd tell him he was starting the week prior to a game against the Giants then deactivate him right before kickoff, just so his b***h ass wouldn't give our plays away during the week. We just have to find a way to also deactivate his cell phone prior to kickoff so he doesn't tweet our gameplan to his Giants teamates.

I would empathize with him to any capacity if he weren't so self-absorbed. This is a team game and any asshat who gets paid like him and whines about wanting to be back with his old team, can go f**k himself. And I'd say that to his face.

Suspend him from the team and keep him away, it's the best way IMO
[ Edited by toeshawn on Dec 8, 2012 at 11:46 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Jacobs needs to zip it and be a team player.
Originally posted by buck:
His limited playing would only make sense if he had been injured or if he had not proven to be better than Hunter.

Oh, wait. He was injured, wasn't he. And no, he did not beat out Hunter.

Do you have other examples(i.e. more than one) of HARBAUGH ACTING LIKE HE IS SMARTER THAN THE WHOLE ROOM?

I went to the instagram site, and did not see any comments about the 49ers or any other team.

don't get me wrong, I love Harbaugh. I know Hunter was better. My point was that I'm sure Harbaugh or someone else told him he'd at least get SOME playing time, or he wouldn't have come here.

Examples of Harbaugh acting smarter than the room. Everytime they run a cute play during the game. By running a cute play, you're actually trying to outsmart the other coach, not beat him outright. I know this has led to some great offensive games (running against DET) but also plenty of times where we are left scratching our heads why we don't stick with what works. The pitch that led to the fumble last game is a great example of that

OR-- another great example--- the pitch to kyle williams last NFC championship game in rainy conditions that williams fumbled. You can blame it on Roman but it's Harbaugh's offense
[ Edited by Big_Daddy on Dec 9, 2012 at 12:59 AM ]
Originally posted by kemp_j:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I have no doubt in my mind now that this a*****e gave our plays to the Giants.

Feel the same way. Even if the 9ers were off that day, they shouldn't have lost the way they did...........

Yeah wasnt Antrel Rolle calling out the passing plays? Alex goes from a great reg season performance in a win last year and an "ok" performance in the playoffs to completely getting pwned? Just odd. Not saying Alex could/would own the Giants but they just always seemed to be in the right place at the right time.
Originally posted by kemp_j:
I have no doubt in my mind now that this a*****e gave our plays to the Giants.

Feel the same way. Even if the 9ers were off that day, they shouldn't have lost the way they did...........

Yeah wasnt Antrel Rolle calling out the passing plays? Alex goes from a great reg season performance in a win last year and an "ok" performance in the playoffs to completely getting pwned? Just odd. Not saying Alex could/would own the Giants but they just always seemed to be in the right place at the right time.

Their defensive gameplan was solid. Coughlin is a great coach and they have some good players on D. They took away VD, the wheel routes and the slants and it was over.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Dec 9, 2012 at 1:34 AM ]
Jacobs rips 49ers, fans on Twitter

What he misses most of all is being a contributing player in the NFL.

Over the past several days, Jacobs has posted pictures of himself while with the Giants -- much to the objection of some 49ers fans who follow him on Instagram. Jacobs, an eighth-year pro, played on two Super Bowl-winning teams with the Giants.

Jacobs originally said he had not posted any photos while with the 49ers simply because he has not been in the picture since signing.

"I am on this team rotting away so why would I wanna put any pics up of anything that say niners." Jacobs wrote on Instagram in response to a fan. "This is by far the worst year I ever had, I'll tell you like I told plenty others."

Jacobs has since added several photos of himself with the 49ers.

On Saturday, Jacobs explained himself via his Twitter account:

"I don't understand why people are angry at me because I wanna do what I am paid to do, I am a competitive person, I think people should be mad if I didn't wanna play, but I forgot the people that's pissed they don't have a athletic bone and their body. As for all of my Instagram photos I don't have any niner pics, if you'll find me some pics I'll put them up."

I spoke with Jacobs on Friday, and he reiterated his frustration with being an absolute non-factor in his first (and, safe to say, only) season with the 49ers.

Jacobs is getting paid a lot of money to do nothing.

The 49ers awarded Jacobs a $150,000 signing bonus after the Giants cut him. He gets paid $55,000 per game ($950,000 base salary) whether he suits up or not. And he gets paid another $12,500 in per-game roster bonuses when he suits up. Thus far, he has suited up for just three of the 49ers' first 12 games.

He carried four times for 6 yards last week in the 49ers' 16-13 overtime loss to the St. Louis Rams. He picked up 3 yards on a third-and-1 play in the first quarter. The 49ers scored their only offensive touchdown on that drive.

There are no guarantees Jacobs will have much of a role on Sunday against the Miami Dolphins, either.

The 49ers are expected to activate rookie running back LaMichael James, a second-round draft choice, for the first time this season. It's not known whether Jacobs will also be in uniform. Starting running back Frank Gore and Anthony Dixon, who has a key role on special teams, have been active for every game.

The 49ers are in the process of trying to figure out how to split up the carries after the season-ending injury backup running back Kendall Hunter.

"That's part of the game plan," 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said "That's part of the scheme. We have some other backs that we feel confident in as well. But Frank is one of the best, if not the best back in the league. So he's going to run and he's feeling good. He had a good week at practice."

Last week, Gore carried a season-high 23 times for just 58 yards and a touchdown in the 49ers' loss. Offensive coordinator Greg Roman said on Thursday that Gore was overworked.

"Whatever back we have in there to complement Frank we feel good about," Roman said. "It's definitely something we don't want to overload Frank with over the length of a long season.

"(I) really believe we gave him a few too many plays last week. Whatever back we put in there, we feel really good about and anybody that's on the active roster could possibly play. LaMichael's a guy that's been working hard and it's very possible he could be playing this week."

And if James is active, it might be another week in which Jacobs is out of the picture.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/jacobs-rips-49ers-fans-twitter

We signed a "big mouth, big belly running back." Somewhere Rex Ryan is smirking.