LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Brandon Jacobs Suspended (per twitter)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Probably not the first time this has happened. But in my memory, it's the first time that Niner fans uncovered evidence of an unhappy player and leaked said news to news media and it immediately got picked up. This might even make network broadcasts later today.

Last I heard, one of the Zoners had sent the news to Maiocco. Now it's all over the interwebs. Love it.

LOL that was the first thing I thought of. The Zone controls the sporting news world haha.

We do...more than you think! I've literally had beat writers steal my analysis and topics. It's smart...it's what us fans are interested in and we typically cover, just about every angle. There is nothing wrong with getting the pulse of the fan base, our concerns, positives, etc. and write about it and then take it a step further and ask the questions we want to know and provide those responses to us post-hoc.
Originally posted by cciowa:
i bet you monday rock will be on the team! this ass hole is not going to hold a gun to our head just cuz he knows we are razor thin at running back.

We can hope, but I don't want to drop Jacobs until it is too late for him to be picked up by the Giants for the playoffs...not that he is great. Think of the players we could have kept on STs instead of paying jacobs--Costanzo, Cartwright...argh!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Jacobs has always been a selfish player. Even when he was winning Super Bowls with the Giants he was constantly complaining about his role. He's a waste of time, money, and space. Cut him please. Bring back Rock Cartwright for all I care.

We lost a great ST player and gained a whiner...great!
i bet you monday rock will be on the team! this ass hole is not going to hold a gun to our head just cuz he knows we are razor thin at running back.

lol I would give my left nut to go back in time and tell Harbaugh he needs to have Cartwright instead of Jacobs, ST value and it looked like he still had some moves left in him too.
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 9, 2012 at 8:55 AM ]
Lol, suspend him for being a whiney b***h, I mean conduct detrimental.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
I believe both Barrows and Maiocco have handles here, but are rarely on. The mods have even mentioned that a player or two are members although I have no idea to what capacity. You are right though, we cover every angle to the extreme. If something is happening with our team, it will be on this board eventually. It's this reason why people like Dukes looks like a clown when he talks about this team, because it's very apparent he hasn't visited the zone.

ya have to be a few players with handles, only way bowman could have gotten the Photoshop of Crabtree as urkle
I just want to know what he was expecting when he came here. Was he really expecting to get Frank Gore's job or something? There are limited uses for him in general and let's face it he isn't that great of a back. If he was he would still be in New York.

At best he is a 3rd and 2 back and nothing more. Add too it that he has been injured for the entire season, and apparently has some loyalty to the Giants still, and he should be let go after the season.
he took the money and ran...... and then sat on the bench and now he's crying. he could have stayed with ny giants for less pay
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Lol, suspend him for being a whiney b***h, I mean conduct detrimental.

yup, that way we get the roster spot, he gets no more money and no new team.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Does anyone feel that this may hurt our chances at signing FA's? Who's going to want to sign with a team and sit on the bench all year? Jacobs didn't play due to injury. Now there is another player not playing due to injury. Look at Shawntee.

Now sure if it will be a big deal, but I think it could.

i was thinking the same thing. How will this affect free agency for us in the future?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Brandon Jacobs inactive again. Wah wahhhh

Originally posted by schmons:
he took the money and ran...... and then sat on the bench and now he's crying. he could have stayed with ny giants for less pay

Perhaps Baalke and Harbaugh could make him a deal...give up half your contract and we'll give you five plays per game?
got benched for a rookie rb. someone tweet him that. he blocked me already!
Originally posted by 4everfaithful24:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Does anyone feel that this may hurt our chances at signing FA's? Who's going to want to sign with a team and sit on the bench all year? Jacobs didn't play due to injury. Now there is another player not playing due to injury. Look at Shawntee.

Now sure if it will be a big deal, but I think it could.

i was thinking the same thing. How will this affect free agency for us in the future?

Too many free agents who are seeing plenty of playing time for this to matter (J. Smith, Whitner, Rogers, Brooks). Everyone knows he was gonna start the season at best as the #3 RB behind Gore/Hunter.
Im not too fond of players putting business out there in soc. media. However, im not too fond of how the niners have handled their personnel groupings.

Maybe because the staff isnt to keen on sharing why they do the things they do....idk.
I say cut him, Gore and Dixon can handle short yardage.
Share 49ersWebzone