There are 64 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Brandon Jacobs Suspended (per twitter)

I can understand his frustration, I mean he wants to play and they haven't given him barely any opportunities on the what has been the #1 rushing team in the NFL most of the season. Last week, with no Hunter they barely used him. But what he doesn't understand is that if they are not playing him, it's because he really hasn't given them enough reason to believe he can made a positive impact. He shouldn't be blaming anyone else but himself for that.

Also, going to the giants locker room after the Giants game was kind of knuckleheaded thing to do and might've made things worse for him, not better..
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I'm assuming the waiver process would still apply through the regular season, so interested teams put in a waiver claim and claiming team with the worst record gets him.

I am pretty sure that, as a vested veteran, he would not be subject to the waiver process.

Oh ok . . . gotcha. So he could go where he wants. Even more reason to keep him hostage . . . a well paid hostage.

Nope...think everyone goes through the waiver wire. Jason Babin did.

Teams cut vested veterans for one week all the time, because they know they can sign the guy back when they get out of whatever injury/depth chart trouble they are in. If the the guy is a "team guy," he won't sign elsewhere, and he does not face waiver claims. IDK how many years you need to be a vested veteran, but it is a real deal.
Imagine that, in a lockerroom with Randy Moss, Perrish Cox, and a QB controversy, Brandon Jacobs would turn out to be the biggest non-team player.

Screw him. Let him join Michael Lewis in irrelevancy.
Originally posted by sspiker:
Imagine that, in a lockerroom with Randy Moss, Perrish Cox, and a QB controversy, Brandon Jacobs would turn out to be the biggest non-team player.

Screw him. Let him join Michael Lewis in irrelevancy.

well put. I was a supporter of him and the signing until today. Now i dont want him to see the field again or for him to issue an official apology for his stupidity. if Dixon can become a better RB then Jacobs doesnt even need to be on the team. I wouldnt cut him as he would be extra motivated if we had to play him in the playoffs. let him sit and rot away
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
I hope they make him inactive the rest of the year, then cut him the day before the Superbowl. He doesn't deserve a ring with the 49ers.

Really? Jacobs already got 2 rings with the Giants. Why would he care if he isn't going to play much at all?
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
I hope they make him inactive the rest of the year, then cut him the day before the Superbowl. He doesn't deserve a ring with the 49ers.

Really? Jacobs already got 2 rings with the Giants. Why would he care if he isn't going to play much at all?

Because he coulsn't say s**t to the Broncos or Patriots the day before the SB but we could say FVCK YOU to him.
i dont have a twitter account can someone please deliver this message to his TWITTER ." BRANDON IF YOU STILL DONT KNOW WHY YOU ARENT PLAYING, TAKE A STEP BACK AND LOOK AT THE THINGS YOUV SAID IN PUBLIC AND ON THE INTERNET THIS YEAR AN THEN YOUL KNOW WHY. NO ONE CAN SAY SO MUCH NEGATIVE STUFF ABOUT THEIR TEAM AN THEN EXPECT TO GET TO PLAY. IF YOUR HAVING SUCH A HORRIBLE YEAR IN SF THEN WHY ARE YOU STILL THERE? THE 49ERS ARE A TEAM IF YOU DONT GET THAT, NOT A GROUP OF PEOPLE WHERE WHOEVER WANTS TO PLAY GETS TO. EVERY PERSON THERE WANTS TO PLAY YOU HAVE TO EARN IT. YOUR A GOOD PLAYER AN DEFINETELY GREAT ENOUGH TO PLAY AS A NINER, BUT YOUR NOT PLAYING BECAUSE OF THE WAY YOU HAVE HANDLED THIS. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER WERE GONNA NEED YOU IN JANUARY" you can give him my username too, please
It's weird this is coming out now. I think it's very likely that Brandon Jacobs gets a considerable amount of carries over the remaining weeks of the season. It doesn't get any less likely that Gore gets nicked up again before a playoff run with every hit he takes. Behind Jacobs, the team now has LaMichael James and Anthony Dixon as reserves. Don't get me wrong, I think each of them are probably more talented than we've seen so far, but between them they haven't proven anything close to what Jacobs has in this league. From what I know, he's healthy, he is in good shape, and he obviously is hungry to prove something. I know his statistics aren't that impressive, but in the spot duty I have seen him in, he ran pretty damn angry looking on one particular carry.

Kendall Hunter was a luxury we will sorely miss. If Gore doesn't give up some carries to one of these guys over the remaining weeks of the season, weeks that will be made required wins because of the Seahawks, he will likely be giving up all his carries when the games mean the most. That would not bode well for a deep playoff run.
Originally posted by stefano89:
i dont have a twitter account can someone please deliver this message to his TWITTER ." BRANDON IF YOU STILL DONT KNOW WHY YOU ARENT PLAYING, TAKE A STEP BACK AND LOOK AT THE THINGS YOUV SAID IN PUBLIC AND ON THE INTERNET THIS YEAR AN THEN YOUL KNOW WHY. NO ONE CAN SAY SO MUCH NEGATIVE STUFF ABOUT THEIR TEAM AN THEN EXPECT TO GET TO PLAY. IF YOUR HAVING SUCH A HORRIBLE YEAR IN SF THEN WHY ARE YOU STILL THERE? THE 49ERS ARE A TEAM IF YOU DONT GET THAT, NOT A GROUP OF PEOPLE WHERE WHOEVER WANTS TO PLAY GETS TO. EVERY PERSON THERE WANTS TO PLAY YOU HAVE TO EARN IT. YOUR A GOOD PLAYER AN DEFINETELY GREAT ENOUGH TO PLAY AS A NINER, BUT YOUR NOT PLAYING BECAUSE OF THE WAY YOU HAVE HANDLED THIS. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER WERE GONNA NEED YOU IN JANUARY" you can give him my username too, please

Twitter is 140 characters or less. i can get your first sentance to him if youd like? lol
[ Edited by THEB on Dec 8, 2012 at 7:38 PM ]
  • Chief
  • Veteran
f**k Brandon Dickcobs, he can suck and swallow.
Originally posted by stefano89:

I sent it to him, and he told me to F**k off.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
f**k Brandon Dickcobs, he can suck and swallow.

For the record, that is his new name.

Brandon Dick Cobs...
how bout brandon youcantplaycobs
Who gives a f**k.

What has he rushed for, 3 yards?

f**k him. Dude has been a mouth his whole career.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Dec 8, 2012 at 7:56 PM ]
how about Brandon Cup n Suck?

Replace Cup with Cob if you want.