There are 64 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Could we be on Sunday night back to back?

Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Seattle is screwed without Browner and Sherman. not worried.

Hahaha this

That's what we all said about Amendola
Originally posted by SantaFe49er:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Seattle is screwed without Browner and Sherman. not worried.

Hahaha this

That's what we all said about Amendola

That was one player.....this is two
Originally posted by olapac:
If I recall correctly, the network originally carrying the game has the right to block the move. So I think Fox would block Ravens/Giants getting moved to Sunday Night. That means either 49ers/Seahawks or Cowboys/Saints would get the move. I think they have to decide by this coming Monday.
Spot on:

"The league has not yet announced what will happen in Week 16, when the Jets and Chargers are scheduled to play Sunday night. But the Giants' game against the Ravens, currently scheduled for 1 p.m., has been protected by FOX, so it cannot be moved to Sunday night, according to a person with knowledge of the network's decisions. Giants-Falcons was also protected by FOX."




http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/11/giants_games_against_saints_fa.html
Originally posted by chima187x:
Originally posted by olapac:
If I recall correctly, the network originally carrying the game has the right to block the move. So I think Fox would block Ravens/Giants getting moved to Sunday Night. That means either 49ers/Seahawks or Cowboys/Saints would get the move. I think they have to decide by this coming Monday.
Spot on:

"The league has not yet announced what will happen in Week 16, when the Jets and Chargers are scheduled to play Sunday night. But the Giants' game against the Ravens, currently scheduled for 1 p.m., has been protected by FOX, so it cannot be moved to Sunday night, according to a person with knowledge of the network's decisions. Giants-Falcons was also protected by FOX."




http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/11/giants_games_against_saints_fa.html

Hrmmm....maybe they will then.
One thing I like about when the 9ers are playing on Primetime, is that I can concentrate on watching other football games....usually I have other games playing on Mute while the 9er game is on, and will glance over during breaks or when I'm pissed off.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
One thing I like about when the 9ers are playing on Primetime, is that I can concentrate on watching other football games....usually I have other games playing on Mute while the 9er game is on, and will glance over during breaks or when I'm pissed off.

That's usually how I roll on Sunday - 49er game on the HDTV, RedZone channel or the SlingBox running on the iPad on mute. Much easier to focus when 9ers play in primetime.
Question- is there a max number of primetime games a team can have? I mean I know we already lead the league with 5 (Lions,Seahawks,Tards,Bears and Pats)
isn't that the point of the flex? to get the best games on snf at the end of the year? i would think the nfl doesn't cock block itself w/ rules like only 5 games etc
Originally posted by SantaFe49er:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Seattle is screwed without Browner and Sherman. not worried.

Hahaha this

That's what we all said about Amendola

And the Rams offense did s**t.
Essential the Rams can only beat us when we play absolute crap defense, and an unpraperaed Kaep comes in, or we score their points for them, with a little help from the refs. If I was a Ram's fan I wouldn't feel like we earned those games. There's still a long way to go for that team. Next year it'll be 49ers vs Seahawks again for the West.
[ Edited by SFTifoso on Dec 6, 2012 at 2:26 PM ]
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Essential the Rams can only beat us when we play absolute crap defense, and an unpraperaed Kaep comes in, or we score their points for them, with a little help from the refs. If I was a Ram's fan I wouldn't feel like we earned those games. There's still a long way to go for that team. Next year it'll be 49ers vs Seahawks again for the West.


That's ridiculous. This is the NFL...if you win, you earned it. The Niners are fortunate they didn't lose both games.
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
we already have the maximum of 5 primetime games

I thought the max for primetime is 6 games, no?
Originally posted by barako:
I thought the max for primetime is 6 games, no?

It is 6 games max so long as one of the 6 was a Thursday night football game.
Originally posted by chima187x:
It is 6 games max so long as one of the 6 was a Thursday night football game.

I think we are qualified to get another primetime because one of our primetime game is a Thursday.

I can't believe we went to the NFC championship game and we only get 5 primetime games. East coast bias, SMH.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Essential the Rams can only beat us when we play absolute crap defense, and an unpraperaed Kaep comes in, or we score their points for them, with a little help from the refs. If I was a Ram's fan I wouldn't feel like we earned those games. There's still a long way to go for that team. Next year it'll be 49ers vs Seahawks again for the West.


That's ridiculous. This is the NFL...if you win, you earned it. The Niners are fortunate they didn't lose both games.

Really? Did the Texans earned that win vs Detroit?

Two blown calls in this last game vs the Rams, and one of them being a blown REPLAY. They didn't earn s**t.