There are 201 users in the forums

Maturity of the team is Impressive

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Regardless of how you feel about JH, ASmith, or CK, it has been immensely impressive to me how the players have handled the quarterback transition. The players have not only been tactful, even when they have spoken honestly about their feelings (a la Staley today) they have been very direct without being devisive and controversial.

For example, it would have been very easy for someone frustrated with the conservative play to make a crack about it, or take a swipe at ASmith. But everyone has been very diplomatic.

I'm not sure there is another team that could have handled it so well.
Originally posted by HearstFan:

I'm not sure there is another team that could have handled it so well.

Agree. It has been handled very well with all of the 49ers so far.
You see...this is a great example of how Harbaugh has the pulse of the entire team, and how much he's in control. They've all bought in to the point they're starting to speak like him. That's amazing!

The players all trust him, and so should all of us fans! He wasn't 2011 Coach of the Year for nothing.

Originally posted by 5NorCalSavage2:

That picture is frickin perfect - awesome find.
Originally posted by verb1der:
You see...this is a great example of how Harbaugh has the pulse of the entire team, and how much he's in control. They've all bought in to the point they're starting to speak like him. That's amazing!

The players all trust him, and so should all of us fans! He wasn't 2011 Coach of the Year for nothing.

I had a feeling that most of the fractured locker room concern was nothing more than talk show fodder and fan hysteria. I trust Harbaugh.
But...but...but Staley smirked. I saw it on the TV!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
unlike joe vs steve.. those two used the media, who is a willing entry in a quarterback controversy, to push thier own agenda and to pit team mates against each other. sure they were great quarterbacks but they could learn a couple of things with the way this team and our two guys have handled this.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LottsZombiePinky:

he can smirk on tv but when i see his over rated ass holding on play killing drives, i spit up
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

uhh, he has his issues like getting out coached in our losses and getting cute with his play calls. i like him but i have stopped drinking the JH bathwater.

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by LottsZombiePinky:

he can smirk on tv but when i see his over rated ass holding on play killing drives, i spit up

People here are way too hard on Staley. He does have some failures now and then, but in general, he has been very good and faces the most difficult 1-on-1's of anyone every week at LT.

He's a pro-bowler by 'expert' votes every year, less so by fans. He's doing a great job.
[ Edited by mug0mug on Dec 5, 2012 at 10:31 PM ]
the team the team the team.

Not to rain on Harbaugh, but that happened with Singletary as well. The 9er players are mature enough to keep their comments in-house and not go to the media. It may say more about Smith's maturity than JH's, as he could be leaking stuff to the media but tends not to play that game.

I was very impressed by the interviews this year, on good or difficult subjects. From the DBs to the OL players are articulate and give good interviews.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Not to rain on Harbaugh, but that happened with Singletary as well. The 9er players are mature enough to keep their comments in-house and not go to the media. It may say more about Smith's maturity than JH's, as he could be leaking stuff to the media but tends not to play that game.

I was very impressed by the interviews this year, on good or difficult subjects. From the DBs to the OL players are articulate and give good interviews.

Don't even try to spin it like that! Everyone knows all the players were scared of Sing, he had to send VD on time out like a little child, he even yells at news anchors like Dennis O'Donnell..."we WILL STOP DREW BREES! "

But look at Harbaugh, when Moss came in everyone said he would be a cancer and ruin the locker room, but now...he's like the model team player for all of sports!

The man is a smooth operator, and it trickles down to the team, they don't wear blue collar button ups as a fashion statement!
Originally posted by cciowa:

uhh, he has his issues like getting out coached in our losses and getting cute with his play calls. i like him but i have stopped drinking the JH bathwater.

Those issues have their origins in the poor offensive scheming. He did admit to making a mistake in failing to arrest them during the game. He'll learn from the exprenience, as he said. But to a great extent you have to trust your lieutenants to hande their job. There's just not enough time during the game to micromanage everything.

You have to trust him to fix the OC situation as fast as possible. JH is not a person that lacks in taking action when improvement is indicated. He's proven that. It may take until the off-season before he can redress this weakness, because it's almost impossible to find someone good mid-season. But give him an opportunity to do it in reasonable time and not just sit on the problem. I think that he'll get it done.

if you think about it, maybe you'll agree.
Share 49ersWebzone