There are 104 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What if the Packer/Seahawks non-catch/ref debacle costs us the div???

Originally posted by hawker84:
espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8423928/...right-call-end-game-green-bay... it was reviewed by a replay official, and by the league, and ruled the right call according to the rule..

whether it was a blown call or the right call, it's a done deal, to blame the seahawks team, coaches , players is silly...

there are several articles , pictures, video, to validate one side of the argument or the other, but to say that one play single handedly will cost any body anything is simply not true.. there were several crucial missed calls against both teams in that game that may have very well cost either team the game... there have been several contriversial calls in games since against GB, SF and Seahawks that may or may not have cost them those games...

so to say that one play, (which was the right call IMO) might effect anybodys playoff chances or playoff positions is simply not true.. The Seattle victory may, but not that call..

99% of the world outside of Seattle disagrees.
This call won't cost us anything. If we lose the division that's on us. The Seahawks deserved to win that game anyway as both teams had a slew of terrible calls. The one at the end was a make up call for a call earlier that let the Pats score.
As long as both teams take care of their business,the game on the 23rd should be an epic NFCWest battle.Can't wait! The CLink should be rockin'!
  • 8to80
I've been looking into the future (LOL), and I do see the seahawks game will probably be crucial. Whoever wins that game wins the NFC west. A conservative guess is that we will be 10-4-1 excluding the seahawks game (it is reasonably possible we lose to the Pats). The hawks have a bunch of home games against some crap teams, and a conservative guess is that they will be 10-5 excluding the niner game.

The hawks should be 6-6 right now, which is the fault of the replacement refs and the NFL. Their true record excluding the niner game should be 9-6 (not 10-5). Thus, we would win the division regardless of the outcome of the seahawks game.

Seeing how Akers is garbage now, losing to the hawks and losing the division doesn't seem too far off for me.
[ Edited by 8to80 on Dec 9, 2012 at 12:13 PM ]
I hate to be that guy but I didn't want to win the bye over green bay like this.

It just feels wrong

I feel slightly less "bad" BC we beat them head to head but does anyone else feel this way ?
[ Edited by 49erfaithful49 on Dec 30, 2012 at 8:54 PM ]
You can't actually be serious can you? This happened in like week 4. All Green Bay had to do was win more games than us, and they had 12 weeks to do that.
[ Edited by Disp on Dec 30, 2012 at 8:57 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
I hate to be that guy but I didn't want to win the bye over green bay like this.

It just feels wrong

I feel slightly less "bad" BC we beat them head to head but does anyone else feel this way ?

Nope! All they had to do was win. They didn't we did.
If not for that win Seattle we would not have the bye week. That wil help us rest up most of our players. Maybe that'll help cowboy out, who knows.
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:

It just feels wrong

Do you also feel guilty for sleeping with drunk chicks?
seattle and st. louis overachieved.

they'll come back to earth in 2013