LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Why do our receivers continue to be horrible at drops?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Adjusting ..........to a true pro Q.B. arm. Get ready to all W.R..... C.K. can make all the throws . like tom , Peyton, joe ,steve ...........
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
They need to adjust to the fact that the ball can come your way at anytime they dont seem used to the fact that they might be the 3rd option or double covered but the QB is gonna give you a chance now....imo

That's coaching...from the WR coach to the QB coaching. For instance, in post #217 I highlighted a critical play call by Roman but it also happens to demonstrate the lackluster route running by our guys AND the QB decision. IMHO, two weeks ago, CK makes that throw to Crabtree with the defender a full two yards off. In the Rams game, he launched it out of bounds incomplete and we end missing the FG by one yard. You don't think CK is now being coached "down" like Alex has been over the past 1.5 years where also, "taking a sack isn't always a bad thing?" I'm not sprouting up a QB critique here but pointing out coaching and game planning seems to have a MUCH bigger effect on actual production on the field...and maybe even lack of motivation by receivers?

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/168153-official-greg-mad-scientist-roman-express/

Superbowl and a chance to be a big part of it instead of a player that simply ran routes and didnt make plays should be motivation enough.....C'mon this is the NFL!!!!

Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
They need to adjust to the fact that the ball can come your way at anytime they dont seem used to the fact that they might be the 3rd option or double covered but the QB is gonna give you a chance now....imo

Really? Most of the drops have been from the 1st reads.

Really?
I don't think anyone will disagree that our WR's are NOT our strong point. As for the title of the thread....technically, it should be, "Why do our receivers continue to be awesome at drops."
I say this every year, why should this year be any different?

They really should bust their butts to bring Brent Jones in as a Catching Coach. Aside from having the softest hands in whole of recorded history, Jones' technique was flawless. He didn't just survive Steve Young's serial attempted murders on balls high over the middle, he actually caught those balls. When he's done with them, his hands should go directly to the Smithsonian.

Across the board, we have really, really bad technique. Manningham has the best technique of the lot, but even he's prone to trying to catch the ball in his armpit.
Originally posted by PrimeTime:
Colin throws the ball to hard?

Who is "hard?" Is that a nickname?
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Originally posted by WRATHman44:

I can't stand when people post to be a grammar nazi when they fully understood the message.

I'm sure you never made a typo.
  • dj43
Originally posted by NCommand:

That's coaching...from the WR coach to the QB coaching. For instance, in post #217 I highlighted a critical play call by Roman but it also happens to demonstrate the lackluster route running by our guys AND the QB decision. IMHO, two weeks ago, CK makes that throw to Crabtree with the defender a full two yards off. In the Rams game, he launched it out of bounds incomplete and we end missing the FG by one yard. You don't think CK is now being coached "down" like Alex has been over the past 1.5 years where also, "taking a sack isn't always a bad thing?" I'm not sprouting up a QB critique here but pointing out coaching and game planning seems to have a MUCH bigger effect on actual production on the field...and maybe even lack of motivation by receivers?

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/168153-official-greg-mad-scientist-roman-express/

From what I have been able to see, (don't subscribe to coaching films) the 49er routes and designs are rather simplistic. It sometimes looks as if they are almost after thoughts. The run game, OTOH, is among the most creative in the league. I am beginning to wonder if Harbaugh and Roman really know how to construct a good passing game, or if they just rely on talent alone to make it work? If the WRs are not really motivated due to the lack of emphasis, can we really blame them?

I have posted this before but I am still scratching my head over the fact that Moss has seen the ball very little and Manningham has not been targeted very often either, yet AJ Jenkins, the guy who was drafted to "take the lid off the defense" can't even see the field. Did Baalke screw up or does Harbaugh not know how to get this guy in the game?
Share 49ersWebzone