There are 125 users in the forums

Football Outsiders Breaks Down the 49ers-Rams Game in Detail

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Excellent write up.

I have no idea what Harbaugh and the coaching staff were thinking this game.

Really starts to make me question Harbaugh. Does anyone think that Baalke and York kind of take a step back and maybe question Harbaugh a little. So far he has been damn near untouchable but this wasn't just a little mistake. It was rookie rookie rookie rookie mistake.

He's got sooooooooo much equity built up, that one bad game isn't going to make much of a dent in their confidence . . . at least it shouldn't in my opinion

But if the 49ers are one-and-out in the playoffs, Harbaugh will be in the hot seat next season. It's not unreasonable for the owner to ask: "Why couldn't you go far in the playoffs with the team I paid for?"
Originally posted by fastforward:
But if the 49ers are one-and-out in the playoffs, Harbaugh will be in the hot seat next season. It's not unreasonable for the owner to ask: "Why couldn't you go far in the playoffs with the team I paid for?"

Other than Harbaugh, Jed and co's track record is not so stellar. He knows he lucked out this time.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by fastforward:

Other than Harbaugh, Jed and co's track record is not so stellar. He knows he lucked out this time.

Of course they should be happy, but many owners are not known to be patient. Harbaugh will be safe for next season, but what if his team misses the playoffs? Don't forget that Eddie DeBartolo was ready to fire Bill Walsh if his team failed in 1988. Never mind that Walsh was a much more successful coach for the 49ers than Harbaugh has been.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
Originally posted by Squidp:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Young QB under center, coaches certainly didn't help him. Receivers certainly didn't. (Walker)

They were winning off the LOS more than ive seen this year

So I guess the whole "needing everything to be perfect" doesn't only apply to Alex?

for a young QB, yep

so we are going to put training wheels on the qb?
Share 49ersWebzone