LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

GET RID OF THE "JUMBO PACKAGE" PLEASE

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This package never works, either someone gets called for holding or its a negative play. Im tired of seeings all these huge guys getting beat by quickess or just simply running into each other. Its also too predictable that we are running the ball when you have seven offensive lineman and a DE that doesnt know who or how to block on the field at one time.
Originally posted by shawndeno49:
This package never works, either someone gets called for holding or its a negative play. Im tired of seeings all these huge guys getting beat by quickess or just simply running into each other. Its also too predictable that we are running the ball when you have seven offensive lineman and a DE that doesnt know who or how to block on the field at one time.

For the most part I agree. It has proven effective on several occasions in goal line situations.
But it works so good in MADDEN!!! Niners Heavy for the win!

We used to pass quite a bit out of the jumbo package. We've stopped doing it. Perhaps that's a trick that Roman is saving for the playoffs.

Man Tukuafu is killin me. For every 1 play he blows a guy up there are 3 plays where he doesn't even touch a single defender.
We play way too cute overall. When we drop back to pass, they rarely stop it. All the cute stuff is killing us.
we play cute, then we play heavy jumbo s**t. we need to learn when and when not to use them
[ Edited by defenderDX on Dec 3, 2012 at 10:09 PM ]
Ya, I hate this package. I can't remember it getting us s**t. Like you said, they are too slow and get beat by quickness.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Hopefully roman can take his college offense back to college.
Other teams have picked up on our one wide reciever set with moss as the only wide out they know he's there as a decoy or simply there to block why not mix it up and take a shot or two. We are under utilizing or playmakers and over using frank gore did you see him in overtime it looked like his arm was about to fall off!

Odds are we will lose quite a few of our coaches this offseason. I hope roman goes.. His offense is too cute /college. I fear we will lose Vic fangio but I think our line backers coach could do a good job replacing him... If he doesn't get snagged up! He was a good coach in college.. Only thing prolly stopping him from returning is he will prolly struggle to recruit cause he choked a kid lol

I like our QB coach and think he would be a good offensive mind to take over for gRo. I stopped liking roman like half way through last season. His run game techniques are good but I believe he lacks in maximizing everyone's talent and improving our pass game.
Originally posted by susweel:
Hopefully roman can take his college offense back to college.

THIS
Other teams have picked up on our one wide reciever set with moss as the only wide out they know he's there as a decoy or simply there to block why not mix it up and take a shot or two. We are under utilizing or playmakers and over using frank gore did you see him in overtime it looked like his arm was about to fall off!
Rams played zone, so Kaep could not trow down field
Originally posted by ninerfan52:
Rams played zone, so Kaep could not trow down field

sacrifice a down and throw it high. just to send a message.

everyone knows it's a bluff when moss is out there.
I remember it working once and going holy crap the jumbo worked! It's old and tired and I'm sick of it
Share 49ersWebzone