LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 323 users in the forums

GET RID OF THE "JUMBO PACKAGE" PLEASE

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm worried about losing Hunter
Just stop utilizing it as much and show that they can successfully throw out of it a couple of times a game.
number 68 reporting in as eligible, number 78 reporting in as eligible..........ehh fck you. you aint confusin nobody
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Should Mike shanahan take his pistol back to college with RGIII? Oh wait....

Best offense we've had in almost a decade and you guys wanna can it after 6 losses over two years.

Ya sure buddy "best offense we had in almost a decade" huh? LMFAO

Roman is 25th in passing offense and 20th in 3rd down conversions after finishing 31st last year. Roman blows!
It should be called the NoGain package.
Originally posted by shawndeno49:
This package never works, either someone gets called for holding or its a negative play. Im tired of seeings all these huge guys getting beat by quickess or just simply running into each other. Its also too predictable that we are running the ball when you have seven offensive lineman and a DE that doesnt know who or how to block on the field at one time.

I think you may have to define what exactly you consider the "jumbo package".

1WR, 2 TEs and extra linemen?

If thats what you are referring to, it ain't gonna happen. Thats the foundation of the offense...STRONG run game and pass out of "jumbo" sets. It was that way at Stanford as well and not going to change anytime soon.
It really cracks me up how peeps jump off the bandwagon...lol.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

yeah it works. but we're not showing any diversity out of it.

it worked a lot last year because we actually threw out of it last year....... even to the linemen!
Originally posted by SkyGod:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Should Mike shanahan take his pistol back to college with RGIII? Oh wait....

Best offense we've had in almost a decade and you guys wanna can it after 6 losses over two years.

Ya sure buddy "best offense we had in almost a decade" huh? LMFAO

Roman is 25th in passing offense and 20th in 3rd down conversions after finishing 31st last year. Roman blows!

Oh so you're saying it can get worse!

There is no guarantee that a new OC will improve things. We, of all teams, should know that.
[ Edited by darkknight49 on Dec 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by Marvin49:

yeah it works. but we're not showing any diversity out of it.

it worked a lot last year because we actually threw out of it last year....... even to the linemen!

...and they have been throwing out of it THIS year as well. Have you noticed how often Davis and Walker on on the field TOGETHER?

didn't work AGAIN
Roman knows best.
Get rid of this package, I wonder what's the stat breakdown on positive yard, negative yard, false starts, holdings with this package ..
Originally posted by corona55569:
Get rid of this package, I wonder what's the stat breakdown on positive yard, negative yard, false starts, holdings with this package ..

Who cares, it looks cool and it totally intimidates the opposition, has them shaking in their cleats, plus they never know that a run is coming.
Does not work.

3 rd and 1 with a running QB that's almost 7 damn feet and you waste a timeout to bring in jumbo.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone