There are 153 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Missing Element from QB conversation - PASSION

I am not even going to argue that Alex is even remotely as talented as Colin. Everyone on this forum/world has discussed pros and cons of ALEX VS. COLIN. But I felt that one important factor was left out of these conversations. The word "PASSION".

With Alex, we went through 7 freaking years of AGONY. Boy, was it tough to endure… getting blown out, watching our team (whom we felt was talented), get tossed around like salad. So imagine how tough it must have been on our players. Alex, Gore, Vernon, Staley, Willis… They were ridiculed, lost so many heartache games, it had to have felt like PURE HELL.

And ALEX was the leader of the loser Niners. What I saw from these LOSERS during last year's playoffs was PASSION. It was a pure will to win. No matter what, they were not going to settle for a loss. And Alex led that charge with his PASSION. We all saw that passion come out during the New Orleans playoff game. It was beautiful and effective. I was proud of our team even after the loss to the Giants. We saw our team play with such passion - unknown to mankind, it was breathtaking.

Last week, our losers lost their leader. It was as if the head of a leader was chopped off. We had lost our IDENTITY. Colin and Harbaugh do NOT know all that we had endured before their arrival. Even as fans, how we were ridiculed by the world for being a Niners' faithful. All the tough defeats that our team endured during those sad and pathetic years. YOU CAN'T MEASURE THAT PASSION. ALEX HAS THAT PASSION. ALEX CAN LEAD US TO OUR PROMISED LAND. LET THE PHOENIX RISE. LET OUR PHOENIX RISE!
I'd say passion is what Alex has always been missing. He's a tough SOB, but he's always lacked that fire. the fire that is very apparent in CK.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I'd say passion is what Alex has always been missing. He's a tough SOB, but he's always lacked that fire. the fire that is very apparent in CK.

Drive after Drive, answering Drew Brees... You didn't see that passion? C'mon man!
I do love CKs passion, he gets really fired up
Did you see Colin's passion too? I seen it yesterday.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I do love CKs passion, he gets really fired up

I feel that CK just can't contain that fire at times... Because he is inexperienced. And we witnessed that from toss to Ginn yesterday.
[ Edited by amigoj49 on Dec 3, 2012 at 2:18 PM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I'd say passion is what Alex has always been missing. He's a tough SOB, but he's always lacked that fire. the fire that is very apparent in CK.

This
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I'd say passion is what Alex has always been missing. He's a tough SOB, but he's always lacked that fire. the fire that is very apparent in CK.

He's tough? HOW Is he tough? When has Alex ever played through an injury?

Tough is Jerry Rice. Tough is Roger Craig. Tough is Brett Favre.

Playing in front of sissy fans who boo you doesn't make you tough.
Originally posted by BlowMeFropwns:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I'd say passion is what Alex has always been missing. He's a tough SOB, but he's always lacked that fire. the fire that is very apparent in CK.

He's tough? HOW Is he tough? When has Alex ever played through an injury?

Tough is Jerry Rice. Tough is Roger Craig. Tough is Brett Favre.

Playing in front of sissy fans who boo you doesn't make you tough.

He played with a ripped up shoulder until secondary evaluations kept him out when he should never have been playing.
Who cares about outwardly displayed passion. Montana was cool as ice when when made those killer drives in the playoffs and SBs.
[ Edited by fastforward on Dec 3, 2012 at 2:47 PM ]
Originally posted by amigoj49:
YOU CAN'T MEASURE THAT PASSION. ALEX HAS THAT PASSION. ALEX CAN LEAD US TO OUR PROMISED LAND. LET THE PHOENIX RISE. LET OUR PHOENIX RISE!

I think Phoenix Rise would be a great name for the Alex Smith movie that could've been, had he won the Superbowl last year. I heard Ryan Gosling was pissed that he missed out on a huge opportunity!
Originally posted by amigoj49:
I am not even going to argue that Alex is even remotely as talented as Colin. Everyone on this forum/world has discussed pros and cons of ALEX VS. COLIN. But I felt that one important factor was left out of these conversations. The word "PASSION".

With Alex, we went through 7 freaking years of AGONY. Boy, was it tough to endure… getting blown out, watching our team (whom we felt was talented), get tossed around like salad. So imagine how tough it must have been on our players. Alex, Gore, Vernon, Staley, Willis… They were ridiculed, lost so many heartache games, it had to have felt like PURE HELL.

And ALEX was the leader of the loser Niners. What I saw from these LOSERS during last year's playoffs was PASSION. It was a pure will to win. No matter what, they were not going to settle for a loss. And Alex led that charge with his PASSION. We all saw that passion come out during the New Orleans playoff game. It was beautiful and effective. I was proud of our team even after the loss to the Giants. We saw our team play with such passion - unknown to mankind, it was breathtaking.

Last week, our losers lost their leader. It was as if the head of a leader was chopped off. We had lost our IDENTITY. Colin and Harbaugh do NOT know all that we had endured before their arrival. Even as fans, how we were ridiculed by the world for being a Niners' faithful. All the tough defeats that our team endured during those sad and pathetic years. YOU CAN'T MEASURE THAT PASSION. ALEX HAS THAT PASSION. ALEX CAN LEAD US TO OUR PROMISED LAND. LET THE PHOENIX RISE. LET OUR PHOENIX RISE!

Time to start new we don't need some kind of loser passion to win it all.
alex has passion because he sucked for a long time?
Originally posted by BlowMeFropwns:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I'd say passion is what Alex has always been missing. He's a tough SOB, but he's always lacked that fire. the fire that is very apparent in CK.

He's tough? HOW Is he tough? When has Alex ever played through an injury?

Tough is Jerry Rice. Tough is Roger Craig. Tough is Brett Favre.

Playing in front of sissy fans who boo you doesn't make you tough.

You're joking right?