Originally posted by carlgo:Problems not mentioned enough here:
1. The O-line having to block more than their number, like in the SingleCell days, was perhaps the biggest problem and led to the other bad events. People say the O-line sucked, but maybe they didn't. Maybe no lineman can block two guys?
2. Why no fast back activated? The loss of Hunter alone may have lost this game. This in part allowed for the stacked defense.
3. Why no shifts and deception? Was JH trying to show the Rams that the Niners could simply overpower them?
4. The constant kills at the line are getting annoying. Is there any evidence this works at anything but confusing the Niners? I blame Smith for starting this!
5. Gore is just spent. Wow. He needs far fewer plays.
6. JH needs to just come out and say that CK is now the starter, period. JH made a gutsy mid-season choice, but needs to make it "official".
7. I thought Akers was not just another flaky kicker. I guess they all are. But, it he is hurt why is he playing?
8. Maybe another speedy wide receiver is needed. Moss, Moss, Moss...is he actually ever open, is he stretching the field?
9. What about all these low snaps? I really puts the QB at a disadvantage. I think this is an important thing to deal with. Led to one interception already and we don't know how it has affected other plays.
Smith didn't play and gets a blame in there. J/k Good post, some thoughts.
#2 & #5 - LMJ could help here, no?
#6 - Agree. Don't like the decision from the get go, but JH has to stop jerking around here.
#8 - Roman/Harbaugh offense is conservative by nature. Thus, this 'Kap gives us a better chance because of his stronger arm' is pointless. We don't throw downfield.
A 2 and 2 finish and I'm worried about the playoffs.