LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

Week 13: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Thoughts after re-watching.....Hell of a game Kaep too bad we couldnt get the win.....only upside I see......ALL IN 4 KAEP!!!!!
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Thoughts after re-watching.....Hell of a game Kaep too bad we couldnt get the win.....only upside I see......ALL IN 4 KAEP!!!!!
I wish they would let him air it out more when the running game is obviously not going anywhere. He was doing a good job hitting receivers...but if they wanted quick passes to substitute for run plays as well. If anything Kaep has shown that he can hit players in stride...so some quick passes to RBs/FBs out of the back field to get some positive yardage. Heck even sneak Vernon to line up in the back field and run out for a quick pass.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
I wish they would let him air it out more when the running game is obviously not going anywhere. He was doing a good job hitting receivers...but if they wanted quick passes to substitute for run plays as well. If anything Kaep has shown that he can hit players in stride...so some quick passes to RBs/FBs out of the back field to get some positive yardage. Heck even sneak Vernon to line up in the back field and run out for a quick pass.
Im sure when G-Ro and Harbs get used to Kaep under center they will choose to air it more trusting the QBs arm has alot to do with the play calling and the more they see his arm the more they will trust Kaep to go downfield.....cant wait
Problems not mentioned enough here:

1. The O-line having to block more than their number, like in the SingleCell days, was perhaps the biggest problem and led to the other bad events. People say the O-line sucked, but maybe they didn't. Maybe no lineman can block two guys?

2. Why no fast back activated? The loss of Hunter alone may have lost this game. This in part allowed for the stacked defense.

3. Why no shifts and deception? Was JH trying to show the Rams that the Niners could simply overpower them?

4. The constant kills at the line are getting annoying. Is there any evidence this works at anything but confusing the Niners? I blame Smith for starting this!

5. Gore is just spent. Wow. He needs far fewer plays.

6. JH needs to just come out and say that CK is now the starter, period. JH made a gutsy mid-season choice, but needs to make it "official".

7. I thought Akers was not just another flaky kicker. I guess they all are. But, it he is hurt why is he playing?

8. Maybe another speedy wide receiver is needed. Moss, Moss, Moss...is he actually ever open, is he stretching the field?

9. What about all these low snaps? I really puts the QB at a disadvantage. I think this is an important thing to deal with. Led to one interception already and we don't know how it has affected other plays.
Originally posted by carlgo:
Problems not mentioned enough here:

1. The O-line having to block more than their number, like in the SingleCell days, was perhaps the biggest problem and led to the other bad events. People say the O-line sucked, but maybe they didn't. Maybe no lineman can block two guys?

2. Why no fast back activated? The loss of Hunter alone may have lost this game. This in part allowed for the stacked defense.

3. Why no shifts and deception? Was JH trying to show the Rams that the Niners could simply overpower them?

4. The constant kills at the line are getting annoying. Is there any evidence this works at anything but confusing the Niners? I blame Smith for starting this!

5. Gore is just spent. Wow. He needs far fewer plays.

6. JH needs to just come out and say that CK is now the starter, period. JH made a gutsy mid-season choice, but needs to make it "official".

7. I thought Akers was not just another flaky kicker. I guess they all are. But, it he is hurt why is he playing?

8. Maybe another speedy wide receiver is needed. Moss, Moss, Moss...is he actually ever open, is he stretching the field?

9. What about all these low snaps? I really puts the QB at a disadvantage. I think this is an important thing to deal with. Led to one interception already and we don't know how it has affected other plays.

Smith didn't play and gets a blame in there. J/k Good post, some thoughts.

#2 & #5 - LMJ could help here, no?

#6 - Agree. Don't like the decision from the get go, but JH has to stop jerking around here.

#8 - Roman/Harbaugh offense is conservative by nature. Thus, this 'Kap gives us a better chance because of his stronger arm' is pointless. We don't throw downfield.

A 2 and 2 finish and I'm worried about the playoffs.
I'm still trying to figure out how the defense gives up three points...on the last play of the game...and we lose the game.
[ Edited by bigwads on Dec 3, 2012 at 7:44 PM ]
Originally posted by bigwads:
I'm still trying to figure out how the defense gives up three points...on the last play of the game...we lose the game.

It's easy when your QB spots the other team 10 pts.
Originally posted by drakan:
I'm still trying to figure out how the defense gives up three points...on the last play of the game...we lose the game.

and the other kicker can kick from the 50.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

For sure...I'm just thinking how pathetic this is.

P.S. Can someone tell Baalke to draft a TE that can actually catch the ball so we can dump Walker. Fleener should be starting for Walker this year. I'm still pissed about this and not drafting one guy that can make the damn roster...pathetic. As good as Baalke was last year he has been bad this year.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Anyone realize crabtree went over 100 yards?

Stats don't mean anything to me if the game is a loss.

The play calling was horrible. The rams punter gives us great field position at midfield and we still had to settle for a 51 yard field goal. The offense didnt take any shots down field and we played for field goals again wtf. I blame that defensive tochdown just as much on ted ginn jr for going after the ball like a girl when all he had to do was knock it out of bounds. we need a new kick returner he has done nothing for us this year but fumble and play scared. i want to see our rookies on the field i mean come on jim at least give them a shot. they are the only two high picks to not play one snap this year. And why doesnt roman ever call a screen pass with all our atheletic lineman the rams d line constantly pressuring kap so offset that w and screen pass.
We basically lost to the Rams twice. Instead of having a really convenient head-to-head tiebreaker over both Green Bay and Chicago at 9-3, now there's no margain for error. Same thing goes for the division tiebreaker with Seattle, seeing as the Niners would have that if both teams did end up tied for the division.

There's no difference between 8-3-1 and 8-4 which pisses me off.

For sure...I'm just thinking how pathetic this is.

P.S. Can someone tell Baalke to draft a TE that can actually catch the ball so we can dump Walker. Fleener should be starting for Walker this year. I'm still pissed about this and not drafting one guy that can make the damn roster...pathetic. As good as Baalke was last year he has been bad this year.

Man I vehemently defended this years draft up to to this last week or so, mostly because of faith in Baalke and his amazing draft last year.

But I just can't do it with conviction anymore. The nail in the coffin for me was when MM went down in this last game and AJ was suited up but Ginn was still our 3rd WR. That's just completely unacceptable to me, Ginn has never been considered a good receiver by an means and our # 1 draft pick can't start over him!?

For the most part I used the "we have crazy depth" argument. But that goes out the window when we lose a WR and RB and our #1(WR) and #2(RB) STILL can't sniff the field.

I hope I am wrong, I really do but so far the proof is in the puddin.
Originally posted by KegBert:
Man I vehemently defended this years draft up to to this last week or so, mostly because of faith in Baalke and his amazing draft last year.

But I just can't do it with conviction anymore. The nail in the coffin for me was when MM went down in this last game and AJ was suited up but Ginn was still our 3rd WR. That's just completely unacceptable to me, Ginn has never been considered a good receiver by an means and our # 1 draft pick can't start over him!?

For the most part I used the "we have crazy depth" argument. But that goes out the window when we lose a WR and RB and our #1(WR) and #2(RB) STILL can't sniff the field.

I hope I am wrong, I really do but so far the proof is in the puddin.

There is definitely something wrong. I mean Kendall Hunter was a rookie last year, yet he played from the get go and appeared to be a really good player right away.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by real9erfan:
There is definitely something wrong. I mean Kendall Hunter was a rookie last year, yet he played from the get go and appeared to be a really good player right away.

I will be worried if he's inactive the entire season. Gore/Jacobs don't complement each other at all.

It's too bad we can't make Ginn inactive. He's a total waste of space right now.
Share 49ersWebzone