There are 148 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

So, are people still worried about Greg Roman leaving?

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Oh don't get me wrong, I agree, but if he leaves I'm fine with it, but I'm not calling for his head or anything. And for the record I would love to have Andy Reid as the next HC. But I think he gets another shot as a HC, there will be a lot of openings next season.


Andy Reid as HC for Niners? Or did you mean OC.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I don't want Roman gone, but his play calling sucked ass today.

Every time they have a good drive going, he calls some stupid trickery crap.

He gets waaaay too cute with his play calling.

Kaepernick doesn't need trick plays to produce yards
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Dec 2, 2012 at 6:38 PM ]
Harbaugh said it was the first time they called the play all year. That's all that needs to be said. Roman, you won't be missed when you leave.
Can someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take him. He makes me wanna
2nd and 20.

hand off to gore
Seriously why not a screen if he needs something safe? Rams were blitzing all day
Originally posted by xela510:
2nd and 20.

hand off to gore

1st down in OT and within FG range, he goes SUPER conservative. Akers misses again, go figure. thanks roman
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Regardless of this game today, he's still a good HC candidate for next year

I think Roman is great.

Not with performances like today. That was one of the worst called offensive games I've seen in awhile.

I was paying close attention, and I think we might have passed once on 2nd down ALL GAME. Is it that surprising that the Rams seemed to know what we were doing? He gets into predictable rhythyms w/his playcalling, and I can guess what we are doing half the time. I imagine a competent NFL coach w/a head for patterns could do a lot better than half.
Originally posted by socalniner:
Seriously why not a screen if he needs something safe? Rams were blitzing all day

can't screen; can't defend the screen. Curse of the Niners.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 403
If Roman does leave, he would be going to the Colts bank on it.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Oh don't get me wrong, I agree, but if he leaves I'm fine with it, but I'm not calling for his head or anything. And for the record I would love to have Andy Reid as the next HC. But I think he gets another shot as a HC, there will be a lot of openings next season.


Andy Reid as HC for Niners? Or did you mean OC.

By context, it look like he meant OC and committed a typo.


At least, that better be the case
Execution makes our play calling look worse than it actually was... And vice-versa when we have awesome execution.
Originally posted by HERN:
If Roman does leave, he would be going to the Colts bank on it.

ChuckStrong, dude
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,306
Originally posted by HERN:
If Roman does leave, he would be going to the Colts bank on it.

not sure if serious?

Chuck Pagano and GM Grigson built one hell of a team and since Pagano got cancer Arians has done a great job as fill in HC. Now are you assuming Arians leaves the Colts for a HC gig and Roman becomes their new OC?? Arians has made it abundantly clear that he doesnt want to be a HC(for the colts or any other team) and him and Pagano were practically BFFs even while they were at Baltimore and Pittsburgh.
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 2, 2012 at 8:50 PM ]
Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:
Harbaugh said it was the first time they called the play all year. That's all that needs to be said. Roman, you won't be missed when you leave.

That ticks me off even more. Deep in your own end with the game on line it's not the time to experiment with a gimmick play for the first time.
...