LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

Why do we play for FG's constantly?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Am I the only one who see's this? It bit us in the ass last time and again this week!!!!!
Roman is teh suxors
So everyone can blame the lack of TD's on Alex
  • fly15
  • Veteran
fire akers today
the team is full of f*gs.
why does akers still have a job is the real question
Many years ago we would have just yanked the kicker.

49ers @ Colts, 1995

Young leads the Niners into FG range against the Harbaugh led Colts.

Brien misses the game-winner. We lose 18-17.

OUTTA HERE, GONE, SEE YOU LATER
I have no clue. I didn't understand the coaches rationale in OT.

We're around the the Rams 35. It's a 50+ yard FG. Then all of a sudden, we took our foot off the gas. Ran on 1st and 2nd even though the Rams stuffed the run all game long. Then on third rolled Kaep left on a pass play that was going nowhere. All that so we can trot out our kicker who can't make a 40+ yard FG to save his life. I don't understand it.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Dec 2, 2012 at 1:51 PM ]
Exactly my point. It happens all the time. you have some momentum and then all of a sudden they say " A FG wins this, let's go for one from 51 yards an get out of here". And maybe it is time to look elsewhere for a kicker.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I have no clue. I didn't understand the coaches rationale in OT.

We're around the the Rams 35. It's a 50+ yard FG. Then all of a sudden, we took our foot off the gas. Ran on 1st and 2nd even though the Rams stuffed the run all game long. Then on third rolled Kaep left on a pass play that was going nowhere. All that so we can trot out our kicker who can't make a 40+ yard FG to save his life. I don't understand it.

Awful play calling there. Especially that 3rd play lol. They are giving us 7 yard cushions - go to the slants again!

• Disp
  • Veteran
Because Akers was really good at kicking 40+ yard field goals...last year!
Because we don't have WRs that can get open.

Trust me they are calling plays so they can win it. If the WR consistently can't get open. They go to reliable Frank Gore.

Maybe now that CK is the QB, people can focus on this more than the QB.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TDNiners:

Trust me they are calling plays so they can win it. If the WR consistently can't get open. They go to reliable Frank Gore.

Crabtree was getting open 7 receptions for 104 yards

Same with Ham until he got hurt and re-injured his shoulder.

This is BS, guys were doing fine out there today, the problem is the playcalling was just flat out stupid. They got the ball at midfield in OT, for any other top team in the league that's pretty much a guaranteed W at that point. Move the ball up 25-30 yards, kick the field goal and call it a day. Instead the 49ers went super conservative, started up with the BS non-productive runs again instead of staying aggressive and attacking down field.

Harbaugh going to Kaepernick makes even less sense if they are going to keep up with the same crappy conservative playcalling as usual. In that case, I'd rather have Alex in there if we know Roman is going to call a rubbish, vanilla game eitherway.

Don't think we were watching the same game then. Our receivers were getting open. Rams DB's were giving huge cushions and we were killing them on the slants. We didn't take advantage of this enough. It was the running game that was unreliable today.
Share 49ersWebzone