There are 167 users in the forums

Why do we play for FG's constantly?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Don't think we were watching the same game then. Our receivers were getting open. Rams DB's were giving huge cushions and we were killing them on the slants. We didn't take advantage of this enough. It was the running game that was unreliable today.

And the idiot OC who apparently didn't grasp either of these situations. Any OC worth his salt would have been slanting the Rams to death all game long until they adjusted and then go and target something else.
I still thing this QB switch is just not the smartest move at this time of the year. I remember Roman saying how well Alex Smith knows the playbook. We saw it last week versus the Saints and again today versus the RAMS, CK coming to the line with 10 seconds to go. The whole offence looked out of sync. Not to mention the amount of penalties. We have some work to do.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Don't think we were watching the same game then. Our receivers were getting open. Rams DB's were giving huge cushions and we were killing them on the slants. We didn't take advantage of this enough. It was the running game that was unreliable today.

And the idiot OC who apparently didn't grasp either of these situations. Any OC worth his salt would have been slanting the Rams to death all game long until they adjusted and then go and target something else.

Cal, hire Roman!
Harbaugh is still shell shocked for his days as a QB for the Bears. 3 yds. and a cloud of dust. Anything else is too risky except maybe a trick running play backed up deep in your own territory whose probability of failure is very high. What ever you do, don't try and get the ball to the receiver that didn't have a drop all day.
No Faith
Because it worked so well last year...

Exactly
The coaching staff has a very strange mindset that I still cannot figure out for the life of me. They refuse to be aggressive in the pass attack, refuse to implement a screen into the offense, yet they seem to think it is a great idea to run options and sweeps that almost never work. When we got in the red zone, I don't remember one throw outside of the one Delanie dropped that was a straight throw to the endzone. They always want to throw short and rely on YAC to get in. It makes zero sense to me. Why no fade routes to Moss? Why no throws to Vernon in the seam? (the old Jimmy Rae play)

The conservative play calling in the red zone is killing us. I am sure the defensive players would like if the offense had a killer instinct to go for the jugular. It may not work all the time, but clearly, neither is relying on our kicker.
Might be looking for a new kicker next year....
Never understood this either. We lack killer instinct and that has and will cost the team. Akers was let go from philly bc he couldn't be counted under pressure and he has shown that here in san fran.

Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Might be looking for a new kicker next year....

Hell.....they need to be doing it right now!
Might be looking for a new kicker this year....

Fixed it for you.
This was the worst coached game on offense in two years.
Might be looking for a new kicker this year....

Fixed it for you.

No good options! We're f**ked!
Is Alex Smith fault.....
Share 49ersWebzone