There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS MIAMI DOLPHINS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 14)

• WWFGD
  • Veteran
I've noticed there is a lot of new posters on the message boards...I wonder how many guys posted new handles for the Smith v Kap debate?
We won, so def happy for that.

I'll just say this, 2 straight weeks, with no passing TD. Say what u want, but that's accepting mediocrity to me. Dont care if he ran for 100yds. Point is, he's supposed to be an upgrade. And other than a running TD. He has produced no TD's to WR's or TE's in the last two weeks.

So while Gore put the team on his back with us today. This thinking we are gonna win with just Gore, and a running TD aint gonna work. We yelled when Smith avg. 1 td a game last year, so im saying the same for Kaep.

That last run for a TD, that was good. But remember when soooooo many used to bash Smith when scoring a TD in the final minutes. Just felt it was garbage time, and didnt take the place of the way the whole game is played.

So like Kaep, Alex or whomever. Or none.

He has thrown no TD's in the past two weeks, and thats a problem for me. Especially with Seattle and New England coming up
Originally posted by THEB:
Originally posted by GhostofJimmyDean:
I saw the way he played when teams had no tape on him. It's called his rookie year.

Oh so Kaep gets the benefit of having 2 years in the same offense but alex doesn't GTFO of here with that nonsense. alex Smith is a better all around QB than Kaep, and that is a matter of FACT.

Oh, well if you say so then it must be true. Alright everyone, this discussion is over. Time to turn off the lights and go home.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
He cant score in the air ITS A PROBLEM.

And you casually ignore the drop in the endzone to moss. How many pass plays were called in the redzone? We win the game and people are still complaining as if we lost. LOL

The drop should've been a PI but 1 play in the endzone does not make up for 2 games with 0 passing TD's

and the delanie drop?

the missed pass to Crabs in the corner that was off target

you sound like Smith haters after a Smith game
Originally posted by WWFGD:
I've noticed there is a lot of new posters on the message boards...I wonder how many guys posted new handles for the Smith v Kap debate?

Probably a result of all the bans.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
This win feels liket the wins vs Seahawks and Jets. Glad we won but just not feeling complete. Glad Colin scored that TD but lets be honest...we would have won either way even if he just got the 1st down.

That said...that kind of run could save us if we were down 20-13. We just need to be way more consistent offensively.

I think we'd feel alittle bit better if we connected on that deep pass to Moss....but since we didn't its been a while since we had big passing plays...or heck attempt some.

I just don't get it, why why why were we comming out in that formation on 1st down each time? Maybe it was the gameplan JUST for this week. I really hope we don't see it much against the Patriots. I'd prefer regular formations....and PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE no more Jumbo packages!! I'd rather us spread the defense out in single back formation... or three wide with a FB and RB in the backfield... and run it from those formations.

i f**kin hate the Jumbo formations...they costs us that Giants playoff game as well....and so many situations this season..yet we still try to run it.
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
And you casually ignore the drop in the endzone to moss. How many pass plays were called in the redzone? We win the game and people are still complaining as if we lost. LOL

One play that went over the top, and was an unnecessary flea flicker as well.

The problem is not with ability...it's with execution. I blame the coaches before I blame Kap, but the execution is poor nevertheless, and it is costing us.

Today's win was because of the defense, special teams, and the running game being able to squeeze out the necessary yards to keep drives alive.

We didn't win because of Kap's ability to complete passes, and if we are going to continue to win (against far better competition than the Dolphins), we need better playcalling, better execution, and better precision in the passing game than we are getting with Kap under center.
Why is everyone worried about seattle were a better team come on guys support the team
wahhhhhh were winning with colin....darn....i wish we had lost so alex could be back in
Originally posted by Sf49ers303:
Why is everyone worried about seattle were a better team come on guys support the team

I see it in the standings, but not on the field.
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
Originally posted by THEB:
No, but I can show you what he does against Chicago.

Makes you wonder what Alex could do against Chicago if they had no tape on him.

I saw the way he played when teams had no tape on him. It's called his rookie year.

If you base any opinion on Alex Smith based on his rookie year that's pretty sad

I base it on everything I've seen from him thus far. The only time teams didn't have tape on him was his rookie year so my point is relevant. And the only thing that's sad is his how long it's taken him to be a decent quarterback.
I will flip out, if the 499ers beat NE in Foxboro. It will take a tremendous effort.
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sf49ers303:

Because there are people who secretly want to see members of this team fail to feel justified about their own emotions.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
nice win and they finished strong however we played only two good quarters of football and that will not get it done in the next two games. we got two teams that are playing at the top of thier game and if we do not put four quarters together you can kiss the division good bye. today was the same old s**t in many areas,,, penalities and lack of pressure and piss poor protection. i hope some will now understand that no matter who the quarterback is, our pass protection is horse s**t. now moving foward, kick vernon davis in the ass, cut jacobs tonight, sign rock cartwright, keep james on varsity and assist our offensive coordinator in filling out his resume. hug dixon and moss and thank god crabtree is finally becoming the player we hoped he would be
Originally posted by Leathaface:
CK > Alex.

Alex doesn't do anything that CK can't and that's exactly why Harbaugh likes him better.

I actually disagree. I see a lot that CK can't do yet that Alex does. The difference in the teams performance is noticeable, and outside of the Chicago game, the declining performance has been against losing teams.