LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS MIAMI DOLPHINS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 14)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Kaepernick just flat runs away from people. Great game today! Might be even faster than rg3.
He looks like he runs in slow motion, but I guess he just has long legs and takes big strides.
i wasnt gore's sweater!

Originally posted by kray28:
LMJ looked great. Why was he held out for so long? He needed to be out on the field sooner...we need all the playmakers we can get.

The biggest regret is the constipated playcalling though. We could field the Madden team for all intents and purposes, and Roman would lead it to field goals.

I thought he looked very good. Fresh legs.
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Dec 9, 2012 at 10:21 PM ]
  • da209
  • Veteran
Originally posted by THEB:

Franks sweater. lol

the brAND is pink dolphin
Lovin the way LMJ sparked the offense. Gore tore it up too. Overall nice game for the Niners. Still have a pain in my stomach from that Moss drop tho. I lost my mind. Aldon is about to quietly shred Gap tooth's fradulent record.
watching kaep play seems worse every week. joe montana thinks alex needs to be reinstated and i agree. montana for president!
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
Lovin the way LMJ sparked the offense. Gore tore it up too. Overall nice game for the Niners. Still have a pain in my stomach from that Moss drop tho. I lost my mind. Aldon is about to quietly shred Gap tooth's fradulent record.

Perfectly thrown pass. A bit difficult, but should have been corralled in for a TD.
For all you guys who say we should have done this or done that cause our D is that or their D is that etc etc, the thing is that, 2 of the 5 phins wins came against Seattle and the Rams. You don't play on paper, it is a game of matchups. Before the phins played us this week, they played the pats and the pats, with their vaunted offense only won the game 23-16. The only thing it means is that the next game will be interesting. Today, the panthers beat the falcons and the skins beat the ravens. $hit happens, every game is a land mine if you are not careful.

We are as people have noted out of sink, however it is a team game. The D may not be sharp because they are on the field more. People make note of Tanneyhills over throws and wonder if he had not over thrown, well maybe he overthrew the ball to get the ball out faster cause he felt the heat or thought he did. When people get hit, they hear footsteps, sometimes imaginary. Aldon's bullrush sets the tone and made him itchy, it happens. Just like a good hit by a db makes wrs get alligator arms. The phins are not great, but they are not bad either. of their eight loses only two were blowouts, one to the texans the other to the titans, other than that they have lost by 7 or less, with the 7 being to the pats. The pats btw, didn't they lose to one of our division members when they should have won? Remind me who that was? Just goes to show, you are not going to win in style all the time, the good teams find a way to win though. Last year we didn't always win in offensive style either, we did it with special teams and D majority of the time and many times had to come back in the 4th quarter or have you guys forgotten? This year one loss and one tie was because the ST wasn't special like last year. If the O last year had to play with this year's ST, we would lost 3-4 more games last year.

The OL play has had too many penalties, killing drives, negating big plays. Then we got screwed by non calls like today against Moss and calls like last week where according to Mike Pereira, it should not have been a grounding call.

I won't mention the bad play calling either. Kaep is young, you know he will make some management errors, so you gotta keep protect him from those like they did with Smith last year. Case in point, the drive before the half with time ticking and niners at the 11. Kaep gets sacked. They know that the team will try to pass, since only so much time to get into the endzone and it is from 11 yards out, so do an end run, where the ball can be run out of bounds if not into the end zone and if not, set up quick and spike the ball. Then do a read option where Kaep can run it or pass to the back or wr if they bite down. Instead they do it the other way and the phins predicted it easily and made the right D call.

I think the niners need to run the ball more, opening with the pass was good, but now that you got them on their heels run, avoid the pass and penalties like holding where the phins down. I think roman won't admit it, but he took the phins lightly and figured he didn't need to establish the run. This in turn wears on a D. Just hope we don't ever get a kevin gilbride and buddy ryan fiasco. Cause I will be siding with Fangio.

Originally posted by RogerCraig:
Perfectly thrown pass. A bit difficult, but should have been corralled in for a TD.

Replays showed the db holding one hand down. Should have been P.I. Second time this year that Moss has not caught a break on a long throw. Moss should talk to the ref before the game, just tell him in a nice way, yo dude, I know you got a tough job, but can you make sure the guy is not cheating, I got robbed twice, joke that, " I'm not superman anymore, just asking for a fair shake you know?" Other wise db's will try to get away with this in the coming games.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Replays showed the db holding one hand down. Should have been P.I. Second time this year that Moss has not caught a break on a long throw. Moss should talk to the ref before the game, just tell him in a nice way, yo dude, I know you got a tough job, but can you make sure the guy is not cheating, I got robbed twice, joke that, " I'm not superman anymore, just asking for a fair shake you know?" Other wise db's will try to get away with this in the coming games.

No doubt that should have been PI... guy grabbed his arm like 5 different times. You must be referring to the Jets game? as well. I think he got ran into on that one and nearly had it despite 3 guys around.
For all you guys who say we should have done this or done that cause our D is that or their D is that etc etc, the thing is that, 2 of the 5 phins wins came against Seattle and the Rams. You don't play on paper, it is a game of matchups. Before the phins played us this week, they played the pats and the pats, with their vaunted offense only won the game 23-16. The only thing it means is that the next game will be interesting. Today, the panthers beat the falcons and the skins beat the ravens. $hit happens, every game is a land mine if you are not careful.

We are as people have noted out of sink, however it is a team game. The D may not be sharp because they are on the field more. People make note of Tanneyhills over throws and wonder if he had not over thrown, well maybe he overthrew the ball to get the ball out faster cause he felt the heat or thought he did. When people get hit, they hear footsteps, sometimes imaginary. Aldon's bullrush sets the tone and made him itchy, it happens. Just like a good hit by a db makes wrs get alligator arms. The phins are not great, but they are not bad either. of their eight loses only two were blowouts, one to the texans the other to the titans, other than that they have lost by 7 or less, with the 7 being to the pats. The pats btw, didn't they lose to one of our division members when they should have won? Remind me who that was? Just goes to show, you are not going to win in style all the time, the good teams find a way to win though. Last year we didn't always win in offensive style either, we did it with special teams and D majority of the time and many times had to come back in the 4th quarter or have you guys forgotten? This year one loss and one tie was because the ST wasn't special like last year. If the O last year had to play with this year's ST, we would lost 3-4 more games last year.

The OL play has had too many penalties, killing drives, negating big plays. Then we got screwed by non calls like today against Moss and calls like last week where according to Mike Pereira, it should not have been a grounding call.

I won't mention the bad play calling either. Kaep is young, you know he will make some management errors, so you gotta keep protect him from those like they did with Smith last year. Case in point, the drive before the half with time ticking and niners at the 11. Kaep gets sacked. They know that the team will try to pass, since only so much time to get into the endzone and it is from 11 yards out, so do an end run, where the ball can be run out of bounds if not into the end zone and if not, set up quick and spike the ball. Then do a read option where Kaep can run it or pass to the back or wr if they bite down. Instead they do it the other way and the phins predicted it easily and made the right D call.

I think the niners need to run the ball more, opening with the pass was good, but now that you got them on their heels run, avoid the pass and penalties like holding where the phins down. I think roman won't admit it, but he took the phins lightly and figured he didn't need to establish the run. This in turn wears on a D. Just hope we don't ever get a kevin gilbride and buddy ryan fiasco. Cause I will be siding with Fangio.

Thanks for typing this for me bro. I was to lazy to explain. Although I think that in this game the balance of the run and the pass went pretty well. The run game wasn't explosive but its not like the Dolphins aren't a 7th ranked rush defense. the run game looked pretty good. LMJ would've went all the way had he not tripped a little.
Originally posted by RogerCraig:

maybe payback for when moss did pi breaking up colins pick in the endzone?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Kaep is clearly more physically talented but Smith is more efficient running the offense, better at changing plays when he notices the defense is gonna bring pressure. Things of that nature. Smith because of his time in the NFL has more experience with this. Give Kaep some time and he will be fine.
Share 49ersWebzone