LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 135 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS MIAMI DOLPHINS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 14)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by SneakySniper:
I do not get what everyone is complaining about, we won, and it was not an "ugly" win like some of you make it out to be.

Just because a football team is weaker on paper and on the stat sheets does not mean it is going to be a cakewalk for a statistically better team (see Carolina Panthers vs Atlanta Falcons).

Kaepernick had a decent game too, and I think you guys are overlooking many of the good things he does just for the sake of criticism. Look at the chemistry he shows with his receivers, Crabtree for example with 100 yard games the last 3 weeks. He has a GREAT accuracy, and lets not forget a pinpoint deep ball, which is clearly better than Smith's (come on, admit it). And he could run! Quarterbacks that could use their legs if necessary are becoming the future of the league, just look at RGIII, Luck, Newton.

Just stop complaining and be happy we won, nothing is guaranteed. I agree that Miami does not seem like a great test of ability on paper, but they are no push-over either.

Cannot wait for New England next week!
the bad come close to outweighing the good in this game. you may be ok with alls well that ends well but we are not an elite team, we are not playing anywhere close to the level that the pats and hawks are playing at. our hold on the division is shaky,, at best
Yup, we are definitely not elite. We have real issues that scare me against any truly elite, who we'll meet in the playoffs. I'm not as optimistic as I was before.

Everyone's getting better, we are not.
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by Niners6262:
True but 2 of their last 3 games are at home. Lynch is running hard and their D is playing well. We need to get our O going before our trip to Seattle in 2 weeks

I think we beat them. Wilson is good, but implodes against any halfway decent D. Shut down Lynch, and I don't see him making enough plays to to snag the dub.

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
VD - 1 for 4yds. Unchain the man! Shades of Crabtree in the NFCCG -- 1 for 3 yds.

Crabs got himself a good game today doe.

Much as I hate to say it, VD's lack of involvement seems to stem from unimaginative playcalling. Unless it's a wheel route or a shallow cross, we just don't seem to know how to get him involved.

Put him in motion. But we tend to have D. Walker for that. It's Walkers' fault

Anytime VD goes in motion it's a good chance he's going out for a pass. But when Walker goes in motion, he could very well be blocking. Hiding the offense' intention is the idea, and having Walker do the little things seemed to be better for the offense at that. Still-- they have to try to get VD involved.
I think one of the Matt's covered this during last week. In saying that VD is the main TE for him to go to, but lately in practice and on the field, it seems that he's getting more involved and bonding with Walker, than VD.
That play call (the option) right after they stopped it was AWESOME ! The kapperama for 50 PLUS ! Loved it ! King Kaper, the kap e ton ! Kappy -cola !
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Yup, we are definitely not elite. We have real issues that scare me against any truly elite, who we'll meet in the playoffs. I'm not as optimistic as I was before.

Everyone's getting better, we are not.

I don't think I agree. For all of our faults (and we have a few), no other NFC team really scares me. You have the Falcons, that are vastly overrated due to their soft schedule and just got waxed by the Panthers. The Packers are good, but their defense is weak, o-line is suspect, and they are entirely one dimensional (pass first, and pass often). Also, we have already beaten them, so surely it can be done again. After that there's the Giants. I'll admit we do seem to struggle with them but nothing about them says "invincible."

Barring an absolute meltdown in the playoffs, I think we go deep. Maybe not all the way to the Super Bowl, but we will definitely do some damage.
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
VD - 1 for 4yds. Unchain the man! Shades of Crabtree in the NFCCG -- 1 for 3 yds.

Crabs got himself a good game today doe.

Much as I hate to say it, VD's lack of involvement seems to stem from unimaginative playcalling. Unless it's a wheel route or a shallow cross, we just don't seem to know how to get him involved.

Put him in motion. But we tend to have D. Walker for that. It's Walkers' fault

Anytime VD goes in motion it's a good chance he's going out for a pass. But when Walker goes in motion, he could very well be blocking. Hiding the offense' intention is the idea, and having Walker do the little things seemed to be better for the offense at that. Still-- they have to try to get VD involved.
I think one of the Matt's covered this during last week. In saying that VD is the main TE for him to go to, but lately in practice and on the field, it seems that he's getting more involved and bonding with Walker, than VD.
same reason he was targeting Ham more....working with the #2's all year means he's more comfortable with them
Originally posted by jreff22:
True but 2 of their last 3 games are at home. Lynch is running hard and their D is playing well. We need to get our O going before our trip to Seattle in 2 weeks

I think we beat them. Wilson is good, but implodes against any halfway decent D. Shut down Lynch, and I don't see him making enough plays to to snag the dub.

No? You really think Wilson completing his usual 12-15 passes will be enough to beat us?

No? You really think Wilson completing his usual 12-15 passes will be enough to beat us?
I worry about beating that D...if 2 of those passes are for TD's
I worry about beating that D...if 2 of those passes are for TD's

Fair enough. I'm not saying we walk into Seattle and roll to victory, but I very much believe that we are a better team and that will be proven on the field.

As it has once already.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Not too mention, if some say unreasonable is the term for today then i ask this. and please anyone answer.

Kaep hasnt thrown a TD pass to a Receiver in the past two weeks. yardage is cool, and not knocking any of it, but where are the Td's. Last week a late run, and he played great. This time again last minutes, after the D made a stop. Gore just helped us get another TD. and he scored a TD in what some used to say with Smith, garbage time.

When was the last time, Smith out of 2.5 games, threw no Td's to our WR's and we were all, lets celebrate for the sake of the team. I mean thats horses**t.

We didnt except mediocrity before, and I aint now. He has had no td's in the last 2 games. That is unacceptable, and i dont care if he broke the league and 49ers qB running record.

Point is, he is regressing, in the fact of, less deep balls being thrown. Supposed to have that quick foot, and take no sacks. And even the announcers in the game today, where like he needs to get the ball down the field. Thats why he's in there.

Just saying, give the guy his props for doing what he did do. But i see no big passing plays, and deep throws, ever since teams can now prepare for him. And quiet as kept. IMHO, Kaep doesnt scare anyone just yet either.

I agree. Give him props for the plays he did make, but Kaepernick didn't throw deep any more often today than Alex typically does. I think the little deep plays Kaepernick does get only stand out more because he's a new, exciting player.

And because of the fact that he is super f**king accurate when he throws deep.

Anyone notice his accuracy on ALL throws?

Originally posted by niner4life21:
Not too mention, if some say unreasonable is the term for today then i ask this. and please anyone answer.

Kaep hasnt thrown a TD pass to a Receiver in the past two weeks. yardage is cool, and not knocking any of it, but where are the Td's. Last week a late run, and he played great. This time again last minutes, after the D made a stop. Gore just helped us get another TD. and he scored a TD in what some used to say with Smith, garbage time.

When was the last time, Smith out of 2.5 games, threw no Td's to our WR's and we were all, lets celebrate for the sake of the team. I mean thats horses**t.

We didnt except mediocrity before, and I aint now. He has had no td's in the last 2 games. That is unacceptable, and i dont care if he broke the league and 49ers qB running record.

Point is, he is regressing, in the fact of, less deep balls being thrown. Supposed to have that quick foot, and take no sacks. And even the announcers in the game today, where like he needs to get the ball down the field. Thats why he's in there.

Just saying, give the guy his props for doing what he did do. But i see no big passing plays, and deep throws, ever since teams can now prepare for him. And quiet as kept. IMHO, Kaep doesnt scare anyone just yet either.

I agree. Give him props for the plays he did make, but Kaepernick didn't throw deep any more often today than Alex typically does. I think the little deep plays Kaepernick does get only stand out more because he's a new, exciting player.

Alex is accurate deep. The idea that he's not is a myth.

Originally posted by niner4life21:

This x100. Plus the fact that he actually THROWS the ball to the receiver and not 5 yards out of bounds! The part we seem to be forgetting to is we are missing out Hunter and Williams. If he were throwing picks I would be worried but he's not.
kaep hasnt been too flashy these last few games but he has been getting the job done. for just 4 games under his belt id say he is playing some damn good ball!

he is really accurate, one of the things that sticks out to me on some of his throws is the touch on the short passes.. he really guns them in there sometimes. i think he needs to ease off on those but honestly idk anything bout this stuff so i could just sound like a fool right now.

on a positive note.. i love how when he throws the short routes.. he usually places the ball in a way where the reciever can catch it in stride or will be in a motion to keep movin forward instead of being hit with the ball right in the numbers so he has to come to a complete halt to get the ball and hurts his chances of YAC
Did Jenkins get into the game?
Originally posted by Sourball:
Did Jenkins get into the game?

Share 49ersWebzone