There are 204 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS MIAMI DOLPHINS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 14)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by kray28:
How did we do against them on our own home field?

It was a close game with Alex.

This time Kap is going to be going into the loudest stadium in the league. What worries me greatly is how he'll do with audilbles and pre-snap reads. He's dong to a poor job now...and that's at home too.

I agree. Going in our favor is that he seemed to handle the noise well at the Super Dome. But Seattle is a different beast.

We'll see.
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
Originally posted by GhostofJimmyDean:
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
Originally posted by THEB:
No, but I can show you what he does against Chicago.

Makes you wonder what Alex could do against Chicago if they had no tape on him.

I saw the way he played when teams had no tape on him. It's called his rookie year.

If you base any opinion on Alex Smith based on his rookie year that's pretty sad

I base it on everything I've seen from him thus far. The only time teams didn't have tape on him was his rookie year so my point is relevant. And the only thing that's sad is his how long it's taken him to be a decent quarterback.

You're a smart poster but it's a horrible argument. Kaep has had Harbaugh from the start, Kaep sat a year, Kaep has a very very talented team that has helped him and Alex win. Alex inherited the least talented, worst 49ers team of the last 35 years. Alex's second year, with a team that was still horrendous was pretty solid. Comparing them both in their second seasons, comparing the large gap of talent and coaching, your argument doesn't hold up nearly as well as you think it does.

I will support the starter but I won't bash either guy in the process.

I'm not the one who brought up the "no tape" argument. Smith has had Harbaugh AND over a year of experience in his offense. The differences between the two quarterbacks are negligible at this point IMHO. That shouldn't be the case. The offense should have been firing on all cylinders with Smith behind center. It just hasn't been. He has some nice efficient stats but watching him tells a completely different story.
Originally posted by xela510:
Why am I not satisfied with this win?

no killer instincts going against a team thats further down the table? It should have been over leading up to half time.

It did not look like championship football.

Hell, it didnt even look like divsion winning football..
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Hunter

Thanks, I didn't know anything about Hunter until you just mentioned it here.

LMJ could have been used as a third down back, not the backup like Hunter used to be.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Kaepernick managed the game like Alex Smith, and then made a 'play-maker' Kaepernick play today, and that got us the win.

If anything I've learned over Kaep's first 4 starts is that the play-calling is terrible, and it's almost as if Kaep HAS to make something out of nothing (outside the shell) just to get something done.
if he played like alex and the offense was the same as when alex was in, why make a qb change? you change for a strong armed quarterback then throw the god damn ball

I saw the way he played when teams had no tape on him. It's called his rookie year.

If you base any opinion on Alex Smith based on his rookie year that's pretty sad

I base it on everything I've seen from him thus far. The only time teams didn't have tape on him was his rookie year so my point is relevant. And the only thing that's sad is his how long it's taken him to be a decent quarterback.

You're a smart poster but it's a horrible argument. Kaep has had Harbaugh from the start, Kaep sat a year, Kaep has a very very talented team that has helped him and Alex win. Alex inherited the least talented, worst 49ers team of the last 35 years. Alex's second year, with a team that was still horrendous was pretty solid. Comparing them both in their second seasons, comparing the large gap of talent and coaching, your argument doesn't hold up nearly as well as you think it does.

I'm not the one who brought up the "no tape" argument. Smith has had Harbaugh AND over a year of experience in his offense. The differences between the two quarterbacks are negligible at this point IMHO. That shouldn't be the case. The offense should have been firing on all cylinders with Smith behind center. It just hasn't been. He has some nice efficient stats but watching him tells a completely different story.

Smith was on fire the week prior to getting hurt

Don't understand, it went as exactly as we expected. -Dolphins showed life, and then withered out. -We just didn't expect all those b******t penalties to happen, which kept them in the game, and not over before halftime.
The first win against Seattle wasn't enough to tell you were better who cares about there house let's be the first to defeat them
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

Smith was on fire the week prior to getting hurt
still kind of funny how so many act like they just woke up out of a coma and are just seeing our pass protection is horses**t as are the number of penalties called on us, wonder why that is?

Originally posted by ace49ers:

no killer instincts going against a team thats further down the table? It should have been over leading up to half time.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Kaepernick managed the game like Alex Smith, and then made a 'play-maker' Kaepernick play today, and that got us the win.

If anything I've learned over Kaep's first 4 starts is that the play-calling is terrible, and it's almost as if Kaep HAS to make something out of nothing (outside the shell) just to get something done.
if he played like alex and the offense was the same as when alex was in, why make a qb change? you change for a strong armed quarterback then throw the god damn ball

Exactly, although the play-calling has still showed some balls on first downs in the redzone, barring failure, it seems like we go into the fetal position. -Play-calling way different than the first two games. Rams game we went ultra-conservative, and too f**king 'cute' with that pitch and the mistakes following cost us the game.

Roman has an explosive offense, and he's not letting it fly.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Don't understand, it went as exactly as we expected. -Dolphins showed life, and then withered out. -We just didn't expect all those b******t penalties to happen, which kept them in the game, and not over before halftime.
you did not expect penalties? haha. you must not be watching many of our games this year.. , mistakes and penalties are a way of life to this team
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sf49ers303:
The first win against Seattle wasn't enough to tell you were better who cares about there house let's be the first to defeat them

sad to say, despite today, we are not the team we were then and seattle is miles better than they were then

Yeah if Kaep is doing this in his second season and equaling Smith for the most part, he is the future. He doesn't throw as many TDs yet, isn't as good with his reads but his arm and legs make those almost negligible. What I don't want is a cold Smith having to come in to a playoff game if Kaep can't handle the situation. Even some very good QBs have struggled in the playoffs early in their career (Manning and now Ryan comes to mind). In the playoffs experience can be paramount, limiting errors is huge, I'm just worried that we're entrusting our playoffs to a kid who's never been there before.

I fully recognize that Kaep will eventually need to experience the playoffs and we should not shelter him, it just seems like we can win it all this year if we can get decent, consistent production out of our QBs. Smith was giving us that in large part and did not lose his job. Kaep's play and production is a lot like Smith's which does not necessarily justify the change in the eyes of many IMO.
Share 49ersWebzone