There are 206 users in the forums

Revenge for 1998 Divisional Loss to Falcons Begins!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
After we slay the Giants with Colin or Smith as David with slingshot passes we set our sights on the Falcons. They've been manhandling us for the past few years and its about time we get em when it matters. Maybe i'm getting ahead of myself but I have a feeling that we might have to face them in the playoffs for all the marbles and when we do I hope we smash them to pieces. Our team was ridiculous in 1998 and I thought we were going all the way but Young threw 3 picks and that was too much to overcome even though we held them to almost no passing. Still Jamal slapped us up pretty good. Clements' fumble and Dre Bly's ridiculous celebration stick out in my mind. You know what the Falcons literally make me sick.
We won't get the chance.

They'll choke again in the other divisional.
Giants (4th seed) will beat them in the divisional. One and done again.
I will be very surprised if the Falcons win the divisional game.

worst top seed ever
I just wanna shut White up for his comment on the 49ers with the strips he made 2yrs straight . . .

And I'm going to keep getting 'em. Because they don't know better.
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
After we slay the Giants with Colin or Smith as David with slingshot passes we set our sights on the Falcons. They've been manhandling us for the past few years and its about time we get em when it matters. Maybe i'm getting ahead of myself but I have a feeling that we might have to face them in the playoffs for all the marbles and when we do I hope we smash them to pieces. Our team was ridiculous in 1998 and I thought we were going all the way but Young threw 3 picks and that was too much to overcome even though we held them to almost no passing. Still Jamal slapped us up pretty good. Clements' fumble and Dre Bly's ridiculous celebration stick out in my mind. You know what the Falcons literally make me sick.

If I remember correctly, the Niners kicked their butt the first game they played, and if it wasn't for the loss of Hearst on the very first offensive play, the Niners would have stomped them again. Backup Terry Kirby was ok, but he was no Hearst. I think the Niners barely lost that game too :(
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Kirby got hurt too later in the game...and we were down to Chuck Levy as our tailback. With no running game, Steve just had too much to do...
I was so looking forward to an Alex Smith vs. Mike Nolan show down. Maybe it'll still happen?
Originally posted by nickbradley:

worst top seed ever

My prediction is that the Giants will travel to Atlanta and pull the plug on the Falcons
f**k Atlanta ...If Hearst didnt go down ..we would have won that damn game

Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

This.
&
ATL and NO have never been threats to the niners. we OWNED THEM for DECADES
Nothing will change.
Originally posted by 99problems:

This.
&
ATL and NO have never been threats to the niners. we OWNED THEM for DECADES
Nothing will change.

LOL at Matt Ryan winning a playoff game
Originally posted by nickbradley:

worst top seed ever

what makes you say that

...and have gone on to win the SB. No doubt in my mind.
Share 49ersWebzone