LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 203 users in the forums

Revenge for 1998 Divisional Loss to Falcons Begins!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Yes!
Falcons will be one and done. Worst 11-1 team ever.
Only 1 team with the best record in the NFL has won the SB in the last ten years.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Giants (4th seed) will beat them in the divisional. One and done again.

This,

If the 49ers make it to the Championship, the Vagiants will be there waiting for them. They're to the 49ers now what the Cowboys were in the 1990's.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
I was so looking forward to an Alex Smith vs. Mike Nolan show down. Maybe it'll still happen?

Damn I haven't thought of that.
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
I was so looking forward to an Alex Smith vs. Mike Nolan show down. Maybe it'll still happen?

Damn I haven't thought of that.

hmm that'd be cool. Alex pretty much let the last few season speak for itself though. Where ever he ends up next season, I'm sure he'll eventually take on a Nolan defense on the field
How much crap did we take last year for our weak schedule and weak division? The Falcons are playing a much easier schedule than we did last year but you don't hear anyone puting them down for it and they are barely squeaking by these teams. Brees gift wrapped FIVE interceptions to them last night and by all accounts were still in the game into the last minutes of the 4th qtr. The Falcons have not impressed me at all.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
what makes you say that

"Atlanta is the worst 10-1 team DVOA has ever tracked, and it isn't even remotely close. Atlanta right now has 2.9% DVOA. The next-lowest team at 10-1 is the 1998 Vikings. Despite the record-setting offense, DVOA doesn't rate the Vikings that well, partly because the defense wasn't very good and partly because -- well, we're not really sure all the reasons why. But still, that Vikings team was at 17.0% after 12 weeks, sixth in DVOA. That's way ahead of the current Falcons. Atlanta actually has negative DVOA in its last four games, and even more surprising, six out of 11 games all season. So the team that currently has pole position for the number-one seed in the NFC has played only five above-average games all year according to FO stats."

http://footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2012/week-12-dvoa-ratings
9er's owe the Falcons a whipping for '98, but I would prefer a NFCC rematch with the Giants.

• Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

Don't you just love astroturf. It's been so great for so many careers.
Originally posted by kray28:
Kirby got hurt too later in the game...and we were down to Chuck Levy as our tailback. With no running game, Steve just had too much to do...

We were so unlucky during 98. When BY went down against the Giants, it really slowed down our pass rush, and Ken Norton was never the same player after that accident with Young, he just seemed to lose his love of the game.

Chuck Levy was a great kick returner in Madden 98
I'm just worried about the Lambs this Sunday...One week at a time boys!!!!

If I had to choose, I honestly don't want to face the Giants again AT ALL in the playoffs. Too much at stake regardless if we all think we should win that game. Call me crazy, but I'd much rather have the Packers, Seahawks, Bears, Bucs at home and then travel to Atlanta for the NFC Champ game.

If we do somehow get the NFC Champ game at home a second year in a row against the Giants, there is no excuse for a L, and what'll happen if Kaep is still the starter and FAILS????? Webzone gonna go BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
^
Haha yup!
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Only 1 team with the best record in the NFL has won the SB in the last ten years.

The '09 Saints, right? -That bounty team was a power-house (was so balanced on every facet of the game), barely showed weakness during the regular season, everybody knew they were gonna face the 1st place Colts in the SB, and defeat them.
Share 49ersWebzone