There are 266 users in the forums

UPDATE: Vernon Davis, Rogers and McDonald redid their deals to help get Bowman's deal

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Relax people it's capolpgy. Vernon didn't give up money he will still get the same amount paid. It was likely given as a bonus so they can prorate it

Still pretty cool of him though. I may just not be privy to this type of information but It doesn't seem to happen very much around the league unless it's a very selfless locker room.

Man has this guy really turned into a great pro and seems to be an outstanding human being as well. Very happy he is on our side.

It doesn't seem like much, but it helps tremendously to get Bowman signed. Also found out Carlos Rogers did some redoing. I imagine those 2 may of volunteered to restructure and get Bowman signed long term. I imagine Vernon and Carlos are here in 2013(Vernon was always), Rogers might have had some doubt, but for doing this, they probably guaranteed his 2013 salary for helping this to happen.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Jason has been around the WZ for many years and he needs no link.

Thanks ole friend. I understand the skeptics. But I don't fake this stuff. I never say I'm the best at this, there are others out there who do this for there own teams they love.

I would give links, If I could, I just can't. I remember early 2000's when I started on the Zone, people questioned me like you could not believe, I swear to god I don't report fake, It may be off a little, but never fake. And am always willing to give out info when asked.

Thanks for doing your thing so well for so long. I was here when you started and I've always trusted you.

I used to research contract numbers back in the day from the public sources. NFLPA site mostly.... You get so much more info than I could I just stopped, lulz.

Anyway, that's how I knew you were legit from day one.

You rock!
Originally posted by 99problems:
link or

Dude AB generally backs up his stuff. He's certainly earned a posting here sans link.
Just tell us what arnaz battle is doing these days tho
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Just tell us what arnaz battle is doing these days tho

off topic.... I was *messing* with this girl who had an Arnez Battle poster. Basically he had a thing for her as well. I mean dude flew her to Pittsburgh for the 9er Steelers game (when Battle played for the Steelers).

I played it off like I didn't know what was going on when she picked up the phone at Hienz Field , because I didn't care and didn't want to say anything to f'up something sexy as f' and consistent. Worked with my schedule with no drama. Better believe I Strapped up every time though.

I used to be like... "smh, yeah Battle could be soooo good, but just bad luck with injuries. " and she would be like "I know right"

but is true though, dude was a baller...Anquan Boldon type.
definition of a team player!!!! this is when you know players are in it for the game and pride, not for money
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Jason has been around the WZ for many years and he needs no link.

Thanks ole friend. I understand the skeptics. But I don't fake this stuff. I never say I'm the best at this, there are others out there who do this for there own teams they love.

I would give links, If I could, I just can't. I remember early 2000's when I started on the Zone, people questioned me like you could not believe, I swear to god I don't report fake, It may be off a little, but never fake. And am always willing to give out info when asked.

Thanks for doing your thing so well for so long. I was here when you started and I've always trusted you.

I used to research contract numbers back in the day from the public sources. NFLPA site mostly.... You get so much more info than I could I just stopped, lulz.

Anyway, that's how I knew you were legit from day one.

You rock!

The funny thing is I hated Math as a kid in High School, but this is like natural for me.

I did the wordpad back in early 2000s, didn't get a Office copy till 2005 than I used and still use Excel to keep track.

I wouldn't expect this to even be published, as Willis' wasn't until the offseason, and he was redone in November 2011. I didn't know until I heard the 17M cap figure. Thats when I got an email from a friend, and he explained why they did this. It all started with Willis, then Vernon/Rogers redoing there deals contributed in getting Bowman locked up.

Whats interesting is the contract is so similar to Brooks contract. Only no sign of $100K workout bonuses, same $750K roster bonuses, and same $7.5M signing bonus.

Here is a write up I did for both NCH and NN.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/11/29/3707982/49ers-salary-cap-navorro-bowman-ahmad-brooks-patrick-willis-aldon-smith-contracts

http://www.ninercaphell.com/news/nch/7540-How-the-49ers-have-used-the-cap-to-lock-up-their-Linebackers.html
Great job as always AB. I also think Rogers restructuring pretty much assures he'll be back next season.
[ Edited by SFrush on Nov 29, 2012 at 11:02 PM ]
what a good dood. I'm going to send him a PM
Originally posted by zillabeast:
It isn't known to public right now, but I have access to the NFLPA websites base salary section, and he lowered it, must of been monday. I will calculate numbers to see how this affects the cap..

Don't get in trouble
This

Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
It isn't known to public right now, but I have access to the NFLPA websites base salary section, and he lowered it, must of been monday. I will calculate numbers to see how this affects the cap..

Don't get in trouble
This

Have never had an issue in past. I have never been asked by anyone with the NFL or 49ers or NFLPA about this type of thing. They honestly dont care if you find out. They prefer you dont know. There are other websites that do this for their fav team. one guy does it all for the AFC East, http://www.nyjetscap.com/

A lot of info is classified as hush hush. This simple look into a database wont be an issue. I look at it frequently to see if anyone has been extended, to get a jump on people. I have terms that some dont have. One guy has emailed me many times in past 2 years with info on certain contracts that I had a hard time wrapping my head around. Namely Crabtree's.

Maiocco is great with his analysis, but he doesn't go 100% in detail. I guess for some it isn't simple work to understand. And that's not saying anyone is stupid, just that I guess guys like Maiocco and Barrows dont care about going deeper into the reasons behind the terms. Thats where I come in, lol. I wonder if there is a major for this, lol.

Anyway, it's fun, and can be addictive at times. I enjoy it, I'm always waiting for these type of things to happen. Like boom, yesterday Rogers and Vernon's were what they were at beginning of season, and now today different.
Have never had an issue in past. I have never been asked by anyone with the NFL or 49ers or NFLPA about this type of thing. They honestly dont care if you find out. They prefer you dont know. There are other websites that do this for their fav team. one guy does it all for the AFC East, http://www.nyjetscap.com/

A lot of info is classified as hush hush. This simple look into a database wont be an issue. I look at it frequently to see if anyone has been extended, to get a jump on people. I have terms that some dont have. One guy has emailed me many times in past 2 years with info on certain contracts that I had a hard time wrapping my head around. Namely Crabtree's.

Maiocco is great with his analysis, but he doesn't go 100% in detail. I guess for some it isn't simple work to understand. And that's not saying anyone is stupid, just that I guess guys like Maiocco and Barrows dont care about going deeper into the reasons behind the terms. Thats where I come in, lol. I wonder if there is a major for this, lol.

Anyway, it's fun, and can be addictive at times. I enjoy it, I'm always waiting for these type of things to happen. Like boom, yesterday Rogers and Vernon's were what they were at beginning of season, and now today different.

Gentleman.

Scholar.

Your calling awaits.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by 99problems:
link or

Do you know who Ab is? Man you had better check yourself, Ab is the Zone's capologist and chief money baller, e says I believe it, and so should you!

I got your back AB!
It is a new signing bonus, I need to figure out the prorations amount, and I'll post in a few minutes.

If I remember correctly, Jerry Rice did the same thing to help keep another teammate. Jerry heard they would be over the cap to keep this guy (don't remember who), and he said "is that all?", and offered to restructure and lower his contract. Nice to see a TEAM FIRST mentality. Then again, I'd be really impressed if a kicker came forward to restructure!
[ Edited by JimA49ers on Nov 30, 2012 at 7:39 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone