There are 158 users in the forums

Anyone excited to see LeMichael James play?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Kaepernick and James are going to light the playoffs on fire!
  • Jiks
LMJ was probably the biggest bright spot of this whole game. He looked really comfortable out there, and started to see a resemblance of what he did in Oregon. Didn't really see any of that pre-season. He came out followed blocks, hit the holes with speed, and even broke some tackles. Very composed. Excited to watch this guy the rest of the season. Good to know he looks to be able to spell Gore, maybe even be a back to make a play.
hopefully we found k. hunter's replacement this year
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
he had a nice blitz pickup too. That was my biggest worry with him.
He was definitely a nice surprise yesterday!
Originally posted by pete98146:
I'm much more excited to see AJ play. I really hate to saw it but I doubt he'll be on the squad in 2 years. He was my least favorite draft pick by a country mile. Just think he was a product of a wide open offense at Oregon. It's all different in the NFL. Hey I hope he proves me wrong but I think we'll have no choice but to take another RB high in next years draft.

We should have drafted Robert Turbin instead.

Can't agree on the NFL not being an wide open league. Think about what RG3, Cam and Colin are doing to change that. RG3 probably spreads the field more than he did at Baylor. I've been watching the NFL for 30+ years and I can tell you a change is about to occur, if it hasn't already.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tinygamelotsachances:
Kaepernick and James are going to light the playoffs on fire!

you know we have to make the playoffs first. we make mistakes and play only two quarters of decent football in the next two weeks, we are in lots of trouble
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
that and returning kicks i was scared about cuz he was terrible in pre season but good job. we needed a shot and moving forward he and dixon can more than fill the jacobs role, now cut jacobs and sign rock c for special teams
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by cciowa:
that and returning kicks i was scared about cuz he was terrible in pre season but good job. we needed a shot and moving forward he and dixon can more than fill the jacobs role, now cut jacobs and sign rock c for special teams
seems to be a lot easier fielding KO's than punts. I do NOT want him out there on Punt returns.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
seems to be a lot easier fielding KO's than punts. I do NOT want him out there on Punt returns.
you are right. wonder what we will do about that next year, kyle? but i think with hunter and james and maybe kyle, we are ok at kick returning for next year

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
you are right. wonder what we will do about that next year, kyle? but i think with hunter and james and maybe kyle, we are ok at kick returning for next year

KW more than likely. With Jenkins backing him up.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

agree. we need jenkins next year for sure, now they just have to find some people who can tackle another teams returner
  • cools
  • Veteran
He's fun to watch, still needs work picking up the blitz though

I'd bet he spends the off season working on fielding punts, Let Ginn walk and use Williams and/or James

Hunter will be back, should be a fantastic backfield, I could see them keeping Dixon too, I think he has earned a spot
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cools:
He's fun to watch, still needs work picking up the blitz though

I'd bet he spends the off season working on fielding punts, Let Ginn walk and use Williams and/or James

Hunter will be back, should be a fantastic backfield, I could see them keeping Dixon too, I think he has earned a spot
yes,, it was only two runs but dixon deserves love today. he did well and i agree with your assessment of the running backs next year. i just do not think we need to spend any draft picks on that area next year. maybe after next year you draft a frank gore type. he still has about 3 very very good years left i bet

I really think we should trade Kyle Williams for a low draft pick before the beginning of next season. We don't need him, and now that it's been a year since the playoff blunders, he has nothing left to prove. Or maybe we can keep him around just as competition for A.J. Jenkins to beat.

As for James, he seems to be ineffective if there was any penetration between the hash marks. He only broke tackles when he got to the second level. There's no denying he has a lot of speed. He looks kind of like Darren Sproles. Hopefully he can catch balls well on short routes to get big gains on the ground.
[ Edited by Psinex on Dec 10, 2012 at 2:28 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone