There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Navarro Bowman signs 5 year contract extension til 2018!

Gotta give credit to Paraag for this.
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
honestly, this is great news! we need to sign goldson before he commands a &100 million dollar deal though...

Can't sign Goldson until after the season, due to league rules.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Jcool:
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

Novarro Bowman's deal has only $7.5 million fully guaranteed. The rest of the $25.5 million is guaranteed for injury only. More coming.

what?


Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Jcool:
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

Novarro Bowman's deal has only $7.5 million fully guaranteed. The rest of the $25.5 million is guaranteed for injury only. More coming.

what?

This is crazy talk right?
  • fryet
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,863
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
what?

I am quite surprised Rosenhaus agreed to that, but I'll take it.
I think he realized that there is a good chance that Bowman would not make the Pro Bowl this year. There are several very good MLB in the NFC. If Bowman does, the 49ers probably got a discount, but if he doesn't, Bowman may have gotten a better deal than at the end of the year.
Not surprised with Rosenhaus. He has good relationship with Baalke, Marathe and franchise. He has done McDonald's, and Gore's deals. Some others too. We have good feeling with him. He isn't a bad guy, just comes off as a slimeball. But seems like he cares about his clients.
Originally posted by fryet:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
what?

I am quite surprised Rosenhaus agreed to that, but I'll take it.
I think he realized that there is a good chance that Bowman would not make the Pro Bowl this year. There are several very good MLB in the NFC. If Bowman does, the 49ers probably got a discount, but if he doesn't, Bowman may have gotten a better deal than at the end of the year.

I doubt the possibility of him not making the probowl had any influence on this deal. Hes already all pro and that's a higher honor than the probowl. A guy as good as Bowman is doesn't make more because of a joke of a game like that.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by fryet:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
what?

I am quite surprised Rosenhaus agreed to that, but I'll take it.
I think he realized that there is a good chance that Bowman would not make the Pro Bowl this year. There are several very good MLB in the NFC. If Bowman does, the 49ers probably got a discount, but if he doesn't, Bowman may have gotten a better deal than at the end of the year.

I doubt the possibility of him not making the probowl had any influence on this deal. Hes already all pro and that's a higher honor than the probowl. A guy as good as Bowman is doesn't make more because of a joke of a game like that.

Players still have those pro bowl incentives. But all Pro makes more sense. All Pro is better recognition. Him, Willis, J.Smith were all pro. Forget if Rogers and Goldson were 1st and/or 2nd team.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Players still have those pro bowl incentives. But all Pro makes more sense. All Pro is better recognition. Him, Willis, J.Smith were all pro. Forget if Rogers and Goldson were 1st and/or 2nd team.

Yeah but the incentive is in the contract. I was just saying that his contract wouldn't have been bigger if he was a shoe-in to make the probowl.
Originally posted by socalniner:
nice. Get Goldson signed up quick!

exactly! Get rid of Alex before next year and use that money towards Goldson's contract!
Nice! Now we got em both locked up for the forseeable future. Our ILB's are the envy of the NFL, and they say they are like brothers, they sometimes even look like each other on the field. This is very good news, Good job 49ers! Now on to resigning Goldson!
^did Justin smith get any special incentives from making all pro at two different positions?
Originally posted by kidash98:
THIS THREAD IS ABOUT BOWMAN RE-SIGNING WITH THE 49ERS. ANYONE WHO BRINGS UP OUR QB QUANDRY AUTOMATICALLY GET'S BANNED (by me).

- 98

Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
Can't help but think kaepernick playing good plays into this. It freed up 8.5mil next year!

Foot in mouth haha
[ Edited by LionHeartofGold on Nov 27, 2012 at 2:30 PM ]
Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by kidash98:
THIS THREAD IS ABOUT BOWMAN RE-SIGNING WITH THE 49ERS. ANYONE WHO BRINGS UP OUR QB QUANDRY AUTOMATICALLY GET'S BANNED (by me).

- 98


I'm very very happy we got the coaches we have. They just keep impressing with their decisions. BOWMAN and WILLIS for years to come?? I'm speechless.