LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Navarro Bowman signs 5 year contract extension til 2018!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm very impressed. I always figured that Bowman would be a guy that would slip away from us to get big money, especially after we had just signed Ahmad Brooks to a contract extension. Even more impressive is the fact that we got Patrick Willis to restructure his deal and allocate some of his contract to this year. Over the next few years, he's not going to have astronomical cap figures.

The most impressive thing, to me, is that Trent Baalke understands that on defense, the thing that makes us an elite defense is our four starting linebackers. Assuming we have decent health the next couple years, those four guys alone can carry us to at least a top 16 defense every year. From there, it depends on how Baalke upgrades/re-stocks the defensive line and secondary.

Especially the defensive front. Justin Smith and Isaac Sopoaga aren't *old* at 33 and 31, but you've gotta think that with the amount of snaps that they play, they'll be more susceptible to injuries and declining play. I'm looking to see how Baalke replaces those two guys in the long run.
Originally posted by sspiker:
Aldon Smith (22) - 2015
Patrick Willis (27) - 2017
Navarro Bowman (24) - 2018
Ahmad Brooks - (28) 2018

And just for kicks, our O-line (except Center):

Staley (28) - 2018
Iupati (25) - 2015
Boone (25) - 2016
Davis (23) - 2015

DYNAFUKINSTY!!!!!!!
our run defense sucks this year doe

GO NINERS!
Originally posted by kidash98:
THIS THREAD IS ABOUT BOWMAN RE-SIGNING WITH THE 49ERS. ANYONE WHO BRINGS UP OUR QB QUANDRY AUTOMATICALLY GET'S BANNED (by me).

Sore loser, But can I mention cap implications,
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
THIS THREAD IS ABOUT BOWMAN RE-SIGNING WITH THE 49ERS. ANYONE WHO BRINGS UP OUR QB QUANDRY AUTOMATICALLY GET'S BANNED (by me).

Sore loser, But can I mention cap implications,

You have a dedicated thread for that, J...

Glad to see the Niners sign Bowman. Its go great having a top defense. They do need to focus in the draft on defensive players in my opinion. This team needs depth on the DL, at OLB, and in the secondary. With 4 picks in the first 3 rounds they should be able to address all of those areas.
Baalke/ JH & front office are All-Pro's.

What a staff!
Originally posted by Wubbie:
I'm very impressed. I always figured that Bowman would be a guy that would slip away from us to get big money, especially after we had just signed Ahmad Brooks to a contract extension. Even more impressive is the fact that we got Patrick Willis to restructure his deal and allocate some of his contract to this year. Over the next few years, he's not going to have astronomical cap figures.

The most impressive thing, to me, is that Trent Baalke understands that on defense, the thing that makes us an elite defense is our four starting linebackers. Assuming we have decent health the next couple years, those four guys alone can carry us to at least a top 16 defense every year. From there, it depends on how Baalke upgrades/re-stocks the defensive line and secondary.

Especially the defensive front. Justin Smith and Isaac Sopoaga aren't *old* at 33 and 31, but you've gotta think that with the amount of snaps that they play, they'll be more susceptible to injuries and declining play. I'm looking to see how Baalke replaces those two guys in the long run.

Agree completely. This was great news. As someone who has been a fan for over 20 years and seen the good the real bad and now the good again, I want to say kudos to Jed too. No more cheap crap around here anymore.
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
Originally posted by NYS49er:
20 mil a year!!! come on bro

Hardly an absurd deal for a franchise/elite/MVP-caliber/Top 3 potential superbowl winning young QB.

Please tell me this guy has been banned.

CONGRATS BOW!

Hopefully Goldson is next
  • Tman
  • Veteran
f**k yea!!!!
How much money do we have invested in our LBs? I hope that we're able to keep the secondary and D-line together as well. Sopoaga, Culliver, Goldson and Brown all need/deserve new deals soon.
Originally posted by Jcool:
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

Novarro Bowman's deal has only $7.5 million fully guaranteed. The rest of the $25.5 million is guaranteed for injury only. More coming.

what?
honestly, this is great news! we need to sign goldson before he commands a &100 million dollar deal though...
Share 49ersWebzone