LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 414 users in the forums

Does Alex Smith have any Trade Value???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I say KC and Arizona are the two likely options for Smith next yr.

He has zero trade value for us. Teams know we more than likely aren't going to swallow that 7 million dollar poison pill in April.

Coach Whisenhunt will be looking to stabilize the QB position, and save his job. (if he is even still there after this season)

Same more than likely goes for KC. If they all don't get fired after this season. They will be pretty desperate for a quick fix.

Other options would more than likely be clear back-up roles.

There were plenty of teams that needed another option at QB this off-season. Money talks. It just doesn't look like
any teams were willing to spend much of it on Smith.If there were teams out there, they all could have went and got him.

Going to Pitt to back-up Roethlisberger wouldn't be the worst place.They would be smart to spend a little cash on a solid back-up.
Originally posted by bjghum:
I say KC and Arizona are the two likely options for Smith next yr.

He has zero trade value for us. Teams know we more than likely aren't going to swallow that 7 million dollar poison pill in April.

Coach Whisenhunt will be looking to stabilize the QB position, and save his job. (if he is even still there after this season)

Same more than likely goes for KC. If they all don't get fired after this season. They will be pretty desperate for a quick fix.

Other options would more than likely be clear back-up roles.

There were plenty of teams that needed another option at QB this off-season. Money talks. It just doesn't look like
any teams were willing to spend much of it on Smith.If there were teams out there, they all could have went and got him.

Going to Pitt to back-up Roethlisberger wouldn't be the worst place.They would be smart to spend a little cash on a solid back-up.

4th round pick to pitt
Seattle will take him, they seem to like our Alumni
I think he does have some trade value for a 3rd or 4th round pick.
Of course he does, duh. Next question.
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
Alex Smith is better than

Romo
Rivers
Weeden
Palmer
Cassel
Ponder
Bradford
Sanchez
Fitzy
kolb/skelton
whoever Tennessee is starting
The eagles could use a QB

this is true. idk if he's really that much better than Romo, but he Smith doesnt choke or create as many turnovers so thats what puts him ahead. Smith could thrive in a place like Dallas because they have a nice running game and some nice reciever with a probowl Tightend. Ball security is a big problem in Dallas but i dont cant see it happening.
I say Smith should stay but somehow we get him to re-structure his contract. Kap is good, but if he gets hurt(which could happen as much as he scrambles), Tolzien is our backup and we could end up like Pit, Chicago or Philly this year or KC last year. We currently have two "#1 Qbs" on our roster and the reason Kap gets the nod to play is because he has a cannon and can run. If it were any other team whose backup played starter level, there wouldnt be a "Qb controversy", the back up would be the back up and the starter would go back to starting. I like the whole competition thing, but not at the QB position. Let Smith actually lose his starting role, not have it taken away because of injury. My point is, keeping smith as a backup would be the smart thing to do if he's not the starter.
[ Edited by martysofresh on Nov 26, 2012 at 11:27 PM ]
Yes
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
I don't think they trade him. But if we got a 4th or higher I would be surprised
All I know is if he did have any trade value, it is at an all time high right now. If he plays again this year, and presses because of trying to impress because of Colin...then it will probably drop.

some suckers will fall for the whole "only missed 2 completions in his pass 30 something passes" thing.

Don't get me wrong, I think Alex can help a team like the Eagles, Cards, Chiefs.......but I think those stats that some on here and in the media ,throw out there are misleading.
The Chiefs love to mooch off our QB's so he'll probably get a big contract there

Romo
Rivers
Weeden
Palmer
Cassel
Ponder
Bradford
Sanchez
Fitzy
kolb/skelton
t
He is not better than Rivers. Rivers has no oline, no RB, no decent receivers except for Floyd & Gates. If Smith & Rivers were to trade jerseys, I would bet that Alex would struggle way worse than what Rivers is now... & Rivers would have more success with our current roster.

Romo
Rivers
Weeden
Palmer
Cassel
Ponder
Bradford
Sanchez
Fitzy
kolb/skelton

nicely put
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Can't him trade for those, cuz I eated them.

buzz change the screen name back already
Originally posted by harbaugh49:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Can't him trade for those, cuz I eated them.

buzz change the screen name back already

!!!
Originally posted by vrabbit:

Romo -no way in hell (hate cowboys but...no)
Rivers - no
Weeden - ok
Palmer - maybe now he does suck now
Cassel. - ok
Ponder - ok
Bradford - no
Sanchez - maybe/equals
Fitzy - ok
kolb/skelton - ok

nicely put