LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 351 users in the forums

RETRO THREAD: December 11, 1989

Shop Find 49ers gear online

In honor of tonight's MNF game & next Sunday's matchup against the lambs...
John Taylor FTW!
fake ram kicks...missed Niner FGs....lol
Cut Pollard.
Start the backup!
omg, joe montana sucks. Bench him. He threw 2 int's.
Watching this made me think of something...how could you ever been a Rams fan? In my entire life watching football since around 87 or so, the Rams were good for approx 5 years. 99-04ish. Man what a sad franchise.
Dink and dunk my azz
Originally posted by bigmur49:
Watching this made me think of something...how could you ever been a Rams fan? In my entire life watching football since around 87 or so, the Rams were good for approx 5 years. 99-04ish. Man what a sad franchise.

they were good from like 85-89 & were always a thorn in the side (think john robinson = the proto-pete carroll)....just we were always better, then we broke their will in the 89 NFCCG and ran off 17 straight wins on their sorry asses til the GSOT years
Have that on VHS!
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Nov 26, 2012 at 11:47 PM ]
on sunday, Fox ran that stat where the last game where we had 2 pick 6's was in St. Louis back in OCt. 95 vs these fools. I remember rams were 5-0 and 49ers were coming off a close loss to Indy (Harbs was colts qb in that game) 3-2 coming into this game I believe, and we just destroyed them. 44-10 I believe. Ken Norton Jr. had both the pick 6's in that game and then punched the goldposts, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dcmGx87eQE

My 1st nfl and 49er game!!!!! Thought I was going to have a heart attack at the young age of 14 and my baby brother at 9!!! History reads that Joe won this game but quite the contrary. The defense kept breaking down and special teams gave up some big plays. Had it not been for JT and the entire offense making perfect blocks on two awesome plays, they wouldn't have won this classic. Don't know what end zone I was in at the A but they were running away from us, and it was a perfect view on how the two plays broke down. JTs running, but the blocking going down the field, DAMN!!!! Just wanted to share this with my Niner brothers and sisters.
Greatest MNF game of all time!
I was 10 years old, cried after seeing the punishment and then went to sleep at halftime.

Woke up the next day and remember my dad telling me the 49ers won and getting annoyed for messing with me! Even classmates said the Rams won (I was living in NYC ). No internet or espn so I forget how I confirmed that...newspaper I think!

I did catch the first JT TD. This game started my fandom for JT and might have been that first Niner game were I really felt that 49er magic of that era.

This win also preserved the road win streak that started mid '88 and lasted to '91 opener.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Jul 11, 2015 at 11:14 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone