LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

The Alex Boone Thread!!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Got kicked in the head by a nobody d linemen, while the no name's buddy was doing the same thing just at a bad camera angle. This while listening to them talk s**t the whole time....

The guy had a cool enough head to not retaliate and instead get the flag and do it like a real man.

Hats off to him, and I am not even talking about his great play on the line but I was impressed with his maturity.

Suh should learn up and watch some Alex Boone tape on how not to be a dirty immature punk.
  • Jiks
Bump

Boone and Iupati are f**king monsters.
Originally posted by saj4423:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Do we need to draft any o-linemen in next years draft?

Never have to many Tackles and maybe a Center.

A center and maybe a late round back up guard. I am sick of seeing Lenard Davis' fat @ss in on those jumbo packages that never work...

Wait I don't think we ran the jumbo once last night! Roman finally seeing the light.
Boone has been a pleasant surprise. Remember the days of Chilo at RG
Originally posted by 49er4life:
A center and maybe a late round back up guard. I am sick of seeing Lenard Davis' fat @ss in on those jumbo packages that never work...

Wait I don't think we ran the jumbo once last night! Roman finally seeing the light.

Agreed. No complaints about the game Roman called. I see us taking a center, tackle, and maybe another guard. It really all depends on where Kilgore is now.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Do we need to draft any o-linemen in next years draft?

In the lower rounds but the upper rounds need to draft for the D-line.
Originally posted by Leathaface:

It's amazing. It can't be stated enough how important it was to replace him.

We have been lucky with the injuries though. I think we are one of three teams in the league to not have had a significant injury on the O-line.
Seriously, I will be the first one to eat some crow on this one. I "loved" him at LT and wanted Staley to move to RT and Davis to slide inside to RG given how nasty he is. I still think this line would be epic BUT by concerns about Staley at RG were that we run to that side a lot and his long wide stance could mean pulling OL and QB's tripping over him, getting pushed back, his height clogging throwing lanes and he might struggle getting lower against big NT's and good DL. He had all the intangibles but he's exceeded my expectations. I think the entire OL needs to work on pass protection (badly) but man, they are NASTY in the run game. He and Davis together are smart AND love to pancake the $%^& out of people...just amazing!

So proud of him personally and as a Niner/player.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 13, 2013 at 9:22 AM ]
  • fryet
  • Veteran

I was just thinking the same thing. I can't count the number of busted plays we had last season and before where the RG couldn't block his guy, and we often end up punting. I think Kaep also makes it easier to block, as the DL are often afraid to penetrate past the blocker for fear that Kaep will run right by them.

Originally posted by fryet:

I was just thinking the same thing. I can't count the number of busted plays we had last season and before where the RG couldn't block his guy, and we often end up punting. I think Kaep also makes it easier to block, as the DL are often afraid to penetrate past the blocker for fear that Kaep will run right by them.
Boone's done great under both our QB's this year.
All Star, All Pro in the making.

He is starting to remind me of Kevin Gogan.

We'll need to develop high-quality back-up OTs to keep Boone at RG if an injury occurs. Either in this draft or maybe on the team already
Boone is gonna be a huge x-factor...if he has his way with Ngata without help, there's no way our offense won't be able to do anything we want.
After watching the above clip I can see why Sarah Harbaugh likes the guy, the dude can talk, and you can get along with him. Hes come along way, and Im glad he got his s**t sorted out. Hes one of the reasons the team is going to the SB.
Boone has far exceeded expectations. He is not a fill-in, he is a legit, kick-ass lineman.
Share 49ersWebzone