2) O-Line: Played very well, in particular the tackles. Look to be improving in pass protection, but some of that may be Kaeps increased escapability. One note tho...what was up with Goodwin constantly hitting Kaep in the ankles on shotgun snaps. Does he think he's still snapping the ball to Drew Brees?
3) Aldon: Still beastly. Bushrod actually played him very well, but Aldon still always seems to get his.
4) Depth: To all those peeps b***hing and complaining about drafting James and Jenkins when the team didn't "NEED" them...Ya get it now? Both of these guys may get activated now. Williams: Hurt. Hunter: Hurt. Ginn: Hurt. THAT'S why you draft for depth. My hope is that they don't lose Hunter for long, but I think Williams is done for the year. Kinda nice to replace injured players with your top 2 picks who have been able to sit and learn for more than half a season.
5) Goldson: I've said many, many times that he isn't my fav player, but he is having one hell of a year. He's not getting all the picks but he is blowing people up in a big way. More imporantly, he's doing it LEGALLY. He's leading with the shoulder.
6) Whitner: He can be a liability in coverage, but he closes on ballcarriers faster than any safety I've ever seen. When he intercepted that pass it looked like he was shot out of a cannon.
7) Brooks: One pick 6. A sack and a half. Not bad for the 4th best LB on the team.
8) Justin: Dude just lines up every week and mauls the guy in front of him. The only think that concerns me with Justin is his age and the fact that he never comes out of the game. The 49ers need to start looking for his eventual replacement in the off-season. I think Justin still has a few years, but eventually that body won't be able to sustain that motor.
9) Walker: Delanie Walker can be a downright scary player if teams take Davis away and leave Walker in single coverage. Unfortunately it looks like he hurt his hip, but it looks like Kaep has no problem gunning it into him in tight windows for big gains.
10) Dynamic: It is pretty damn clear that this team is much more dynamic with kaep at QB over Smith. As the announcers stated yesterday, Kaep has 10 plays over 20 yards. Alex has 22 in the previous 9 games. Kaep completed several passes that Alex would never even attempt. The trick here tho is whether or not he'll throw the picks that Alex wouldn't throw. We'll just have to wait and see.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Nov 26, 2012 at 8:36 AM ]