There are 143 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Aldon Smith for Defensive player of the year award?

Aldon Smith for Defensive player of the year award?

Aldon doesn't do much besides rush the passer. He's not geeat against the run.

Aldon is a better pass rusher, but Watt is the better player. All around, Watt does more fore his team. He's a cross between our Smiths.
JJ watt will win

Will be first white player to do so in 7 years
Right now i think it's

Watt
Miller
Aldon

Watt is having such a dominant season that unless Aldon breaks the record he has no chance
Originally posted by ads_2006:
JJ watt will win

Will be first white player to do so in 7 years

the f does that have to do with anything?
Watt and Smith play different positions so it's hard to compare the two. I'm rooting for smith but it's going to Watt.
Originally posted by saniner:
Right now i think it's

Watt
Miller
Aldon

Watt is having such a dominant season that unless Aldon breaks the record he has no chance

I completely agree with this post. If aldon cracks 22.5, then he'll get strong consideration, but if not, Watt will win it.
Like has been said. Watt deserves it unless aldon gets the record. What Watt is doing at his position is unprecidented.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
It's like McGuire-Sosa-Griffey all over again. s**t's exciting.

Hopefully we got Big Mac
Barring an injury, there is no way JJ Watt doesnt win this award. Aldon is no where close to making the impact that Watt makes....and I am a HUGE Aldon fan.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Sam Monson ‏@PFF_Sam

The ONLY thing in Aldon Smith's favor was potential sack record. Watt now has equal shot from FAR harder spot to do it.#NotEvenaDebate
JJ Watt deserves it and he'll get it regardless of whether he finishes #1 in sacks or not. The guy is a monster