There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

QB decision effect on locker Room

Originally posted by 9erempire:
I wonder how fans will feel when that time comes when Harbaugh does the same thing to Frank Gore or Vernon, when the time comes for it.

We know this will eventually happen.

They'll have to pull their panties from out of their vag and man up...or take up another sport like chess or something. This is football, it's a tough sport and an even tougher business so get used to it. Walsh had to get rid of Joe, Ronnie, Dwight, Roger, etc., because it was time. It's the nature of the business.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Nov 25, 2012 at 11:05 PM ]
Being that the team has continued to win, regardless of what Harbaugh has decided, I don't think he's lost anybody.
It's obvious that this team feeds off Kaepernick's abilities and energy. I am fairly certain that if Alex Smith started today's game that we would've lost. Smith has rarely shown an ability to put up big numbers on the scoreboard. He would've been sacked several times and not made the throws Kaep was able to make today. Not to mention several passes were dropped; two I can think of are Vernon letting the ball bounce off his chest and Crabtree dropping a difficult diving catch. Nonetheless, Kaepernick outgunned DREW BREES in the Superdome. That final drive, ending in a Saints kneel down, took Brees over Kaep for yards on the day.

Kaepernick also adjusts at the line of scrimmage, something we do not see with Smith. This isn't a situation of what's morally right. So what that Alex Smith "took us to the dance" the fact is Kaepernick has outplayed Smith. Kaep also can bring us from behind, something Alex Smith has done twice. (Lions and Saints.) This is to not rip on Smith, he's a good quarterback that must play with restraints. But, Kaepernick is what this team needs. And more importantly, it's what his team wants.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by tankle104:
I think he was pretty much sayin he wouldn't let anything take him out of a game.. Not he would lie to harbaugh so he would lose his jobs. Iv heard this from quite a few players that play today and are retired.

I think he was pretty much sayin he wouldn't let anything take him out of a game.. Not he would lie to harbaugh so he would lose his jobs. Iv heard this from quite a few players that play today and are retired.

Maybe I'm just thinking to much into it.

I mean every player is gonna react to this kind of situation differently. You hope they all know its a business and they would be smart for their lives after football, but at the end of the day, the coach has to make the best decision for the team.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I wonder how fans will feel when that time comes when Harbaugh does the same thing to Frank Gore or Vernon, when the time comes for it.

They'll have to pull their panties from out of their vag and man up...or take up another sport like chess or something. This is football, it's a tough sport and an even tougher business so get used to it.

Hearst didn't have all of Gore's records, but seeing him age out sucked. It's just part of the game.
why is this even an argument? its not like the niners lost the 2 games Kap started, won both and Rams game should have been as well. If you guys dont like the QB change, well it is what it is as long as the team is winning we all should be happy, yes its unfortunate that Alex got injured and probably lost his job. Kurt Warner got his job because of the Injuries to Trent Green and never gave the ball back and won the SB. My point is lets leave the QB issue to the coaches, if they feel like Kap is better then it is, this is not Nolan/Sing era of QB controversy, these coaches knows what they are doing.
Originally posted by zillabeast:

They'll have to pull their panties from out of their vag and man up...or take up another sport like chess or something. This is football, it's a tough sport and an even tougher business so get used to it.

Hearst didn't have all of Gore's records, but seeing him age out sucked. It's just part of the game.

Exactly. If a coach feels another guy can do the job better, he gets the start. End of story....no loyalty, no emotions and no crying.

They'll have to pull their panties from out of their vag and man up...or take up another sport like chess or something. This is football, it's a tough sport and an even tougher business so get used to it. Walsh had to get rid of Joe, Ronnie, Dwight, Roger, etc., because it was time. It's the nature of the business.

Hunter took the job from gore for one game last year and Gore got it back quickly.
  • dqh01
  • Veteran
Originally posted by norcal49er864:
I for one love how Harbaugh is handling this situation. You guys DO remember that Harbaugh used to be a player, right? He views the media through a former player's eyes. Why name a starter right after the game like that when you can take the chance to go home, look at the film, and tell your team before you tell the media.

Secondly, and more importantly, Harbaugh has loyalty to not just Alex Smith, but every person in that locker room. People advocating that he should play favorites with Smith just don't understand it. If Kaepernick is truly the best quarterback than he owes it to the TEAM to put him out there as the starter. If Smith is the best quarterback than he owes it to the TEAM to put him out there as the starter. He owes nothing to Smith or Kap personally, no matter what their backstory is or where they came from. Every one of those 53 guys in the locker room has busted their ass all through the off-season, training camp, and then every week on the field. Imagine what kind of message that sends when you as a coach pick a starter based on favoritism and not based on what gives those 53 guys (re: TEAM) the chance to win?

That's why this crap about how Harbaugh owes Alex something or the way he is treating Alex is upsetting the locker room makes me laugh.

He is doing exactly that and showing favoritsm to Kaep because they drafted him and Alex is leftover from the past.

It's one thing if the team was losing and struggling but that wasn't the case with Alex.
9erempire..from one long time niner fan to another please do us a favor and.shut up..you don't know what you're talkn about. Without Harbaugh, there wouldn't be a team and Alex wouldn't be the Alex he turned out to be today. Period!

I mean every player is gonna react to this kind of situation differently. You hope they all know its a business and they would be smart for their lives after football, but at the end of the day, the coach has to make the best decision for the team.

Do you guys remembered how much heat jay cutler was taking for leaving that NFCC game when he got hurt? (Even tho I think his injury was pretty serious) but he took alot of heat from former players about them saying nothing would take them out of a game and especially a big game like that. I think that's what he means bout sayin he has a conncusion. In this league your position is never safe. There is no room for feelings. If Brady was to have a piss poor season next year then follow it up with a sub par season then he would be considered for replacing. Even tho he has given the pats 3 Super Bowls as 5 appearances. Just look at Montana when he went down with an injury and the next man stepped up. It's just part of the nfl wether its morally right or wrong
Originally posted by dqh01:
9erempire..from one long time niner fan to another please do us a favor and.shut up..you don't know what you're talkn about. Without Harbaugh, there wouldn't be a team and Alex wouldn't be the Alex he turned out to be today. Period!

Agreed

Harbaugh knows exactly what he is doing and has taken a calculated risk in starting Kaepernick which appears to be working out for the better of the team, if something bad happens we have a hell of a back-up to turn to (this season) in Smith. Baalke traded up for Kaepernick for a reason, in Baalke/Harbaugh I trust.
[ Edited by 49er-from-Yavin-IV on Nov 25, 2012 at 11:24 PM ]
Originally posted by shaneblonien:
It's obvious that this team feeds off Kaepernick's abilities and energy. I am fairly certain that if Alex Smith started today's game that we would've lost. Smith has rarely shown an ability to put up big numbers on the scoreboard. He would've been sacked several times and not made the throws Kaep was able to make today. Not to mention several passes were dropped; two I can think of are Vernon letting the ball bounce off his chest and Crabtree dropping a difficult diving catch. Nonetheless, Kaepernick outgunned DREW BREES in the Superdome. That final drive, ending in a Saints kneel down, took Brees over Kaep for yards on the day.

Kaepernick also adjusts at the line of scrimmage, something we do not see with Smith. This isn't a situation of what's morally right. So what that Alex Smith "took us to the dance" the fact is Kaepernick has outplayed Smith. Kaep also can bring us from behind, something Alex Smith has done twice. (Lions and Saints.) This is to not rip on Smith, he's a good quarterback that must play with restraints. But, Kaepernick is what this team needs. And more importantly, it's what his team wants.

Lol, Kaepernick hasnt brought us back from anything yet bro. We tied the rams and Alex actually had five come from behind victories last season not including the saints game, and four of them were on the road.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Nov 25, 2012 at 11:23 PM ]
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by shaneblonien:

Lol, Kaepernick hasnt brought us back from anything yet bro. We tied the rams and Alex actually had five come from behind victories last season, and four of them were on the road.

I rather win through out the game hen let the other team back in.... Call me crazy
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Nov 25, 2012 at 11:24 PM ]

At least Vernon has his art and curling to fall back on lol.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by jreff22:
We didnt dominate NO today. We played very good but it was not a dismantling. If we didnt get those pick 6's this game could of been ugly.

How are we not dominating with those pick 6's?

That's 12 points and we only won by 10 points. With out those points we may have lost.
The comment was, The difference is that we scared Chicago and New Orleans defenses and dominated them

The O did not dominate anybody today.
OK...

two things...

1. Defensive touchdowns take away time of possession from our own offense. So had we not gotten those touchdowns, lets say we had forced punts during those drives instead. There's no telling what we would have done with those possessions on offense. Kap certainly lead some impressive drives in this game.

2. Akers missed 2 fieldgoals. So if you want to talk about how Kap only led the offense to 17 points, he put us in position for 23, which according to math is enough to beat a team that scored 21 points.

THIS! and we had 3 outright drops and 2 big plays nullified by penalties. take those things away and Kap is over 300 yards with more points. I really don't understand why people are upset or mad that Kap is playing better than Alex and JH is playing him?

About the locker room no chance he is upsetting anyone other than Alex here. The team wants to win and everyone sees what we are seeing and that is a more dynamic QB than AS ever has been or ever will be. I love Alex don't get me wrong but it's good play to not name a starter and let these guys compete and get the best out of each of them. Keep up the illusion that Kap is on a leash and has to prove himself next week and get his best.