LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

QB decision effect on locker Room

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by 9erempire:
You kidding? I think he has GAINED more supporters in the locker room than anything else. While Alex was QB, everyone was just smiling politely and doing their jobs like good little soldiers. Now, these guys freaking believe man. That confidence that has been gushing over these last two games is no accident.

I disagree.

If I played for the 49ers and the coach has been handling things like he has, I wouldn't trust him.

Again, Chicago. New Orleans.

Look like a team in crisis to you?

The difference is that we scared Chicago and New Orleans defenses and dominated them
like Harbaugh said last week, there are no Rules that say that. He has always been like this...I don't know why some still try to act surprised.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 25, 2012 at 10:12 PM ]
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
how long have u been a 49ers fan?

i dont think a fan who have follow the 49ers for 24 years would say such thing like this.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
You kidding? I think he has GAINED more supporters in the locker room than anything else. While Alex was QB, everyone was just smiling politely and doing their jobs like good little soldiers. Now, these guys freaking believe man. That confidence that has been gushing over these last two games is no accident.

I think the locker room is a big part of the REASON we are seeing Kaepernick playing on Sunday's.

I agree

x2

I think I read that Harbaugh talked to Vernon and Frank to see their input.

But you can just see it on the sidelines. A lot of players rallying around Kap. Moss talks to Kap a lot. And I also saw Rogers come up to Kap on the sidelines to tel l him good job, all in front of Alex Smith lol
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by BrianGO:

I think the locker room is a big part of the REASON we are seeing Kaepernick playing on Sunday's.

I agree

x2

I think I read that Harbaugh talked to Vernon and Frank to see their input.

But you can just see it on the sidelines. A lot of players rallying around Kap. Moss talks to Kap a lot. And I also saw Rogers come up to Kap on the sidelines to tel l him good job, all in front of Alex Smith lol

Man I love seeing Moss coaching Kaepernick up like that. That s**t gave me wood.

Speaking of Moss, f**kin A on mugging that Saints f**k in the endzone like he did. That was awesome lol.
Nope. I think the team will rally behind whoever he decides to put at qb, and as long as the team is winning that will crush any personal biases. I also think the fans/ media might be overreacting here. As of right now I don't believe we have a qb controversy. Harbaugh could go back to Smith on Tuesday and justify starting Kap because of limited practice time.
Weapons are now actually weapons
Originally posted by norcal49er864:
I for one love how Harbaugh is handling this situation. You guys DO remember that Harbaugh used to be a player, right? He views the media through a former player's eyes. Why name a starter right after the game like that when you can take the chance to go home, look at the film, and tell your team before you tell the media.

Secondly, and more importantly, Harbaugh has loyalty to not just Alex Smith, but every person in that locker room. People advocating that he should play favorites with Smith just don't understand it. If Kaepernick is truly the best quarterback than he owes it to the TEAM to put him out there as the starter. If Smith is the best quarterback than he owes it to the TEAM to put him out there as the starter. He owes nothing to Smith or Kap personally, no matter what their backstory is or where they came from. Every one of those 53 guys in the locker room has busted their ass all through the off-season, training camp, and then every week on the field. Imagine what kind of message that sends when you as a coach pick a starter based on favoritism and not based on what gives those 53 guys (re: TEAM) the chance to win?

That's why this crap about how Harbaugh owes Alex something or the way he is treating Alex is upsetting the locker room makes me laugh.

He is doing exactly that and showing favoritsm to Kaep because they drafted him and Alex is leftover from the past.

It's one thing if the team was losing and struggling but that wasn't the case with Alex.

Actually the team did lose in a pretty telling way to both New York and Minnesota. What did those losses have in common? We got down early and when we had to rely on our passing game to bring us back in the game, we folded.

By not naming a starter yet, he has avoided showing favoritism to either of them because he is going to make the performance of Kaepernick force his hand. So far he is doing that, because anyone that cannot see that Kaepernick clearly offers more than Alex does in terms of offensive dimensions and overall ability is lying to themselves. And this is coming from a staunch Smith supporter.
i think jed york is on kaep side as well.
[ Edited by Rocket4989 on Nov 25, 2012 at 10:24 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I disagree.

If I played for the 49ers and the coach has been handling things like he has, I wouldn't trust him.

Again, Chicago. New Orleans.

Look like a team in crisis to you?

The difference is that we scared Chicago and New Orleans defenses and dominated them

We didnt dominate NO today. We played very good but it was not a dismantling. If we didnt get those pick 6's this game could of been ugly.

Also, just consider this quote if you are looking to gauge the locker room reaction from our very own Vernon Davis:

"When I see him play, I see a playmaker," 49ers tight end Vernon Davis said. "He has so much ability and he's always helping his team out. ... I still think Alex is the man, but it's the coaches' call and I am sure Coach Harbaugh will make the right decision."

Notice how he calls Kap a playmaker, but then he says that he "still thinks Alex is the man." If he wanted to put them on even ground he could have gone back and said that "Alex is a playmaker too" but in that moment of equanimity that all professionals make when faced with difficult questions about teammates in front of the media, when he wanted to say something nice about Alex he chose to not put him on the same level as Kap.
Originally posted by jreff22:
We didnt dominate NO today. We played very good but it was not a dismantling. If we didnt get those pick 6's this game could of been ugly.

How are we not dominating with those pick 6's?

That's 12 points and we only won by 10 points. With out those points we may have lost.

It was domination and without those pick 6's....Saints may have went and scored.
[ Edited by 9erempire on Nov 25, 2012 at 10:24 PM ]

That's 12 points and we only won by 10 points. With out those points we may have lost.
The comment was, The difference is that we scared Chicago and New Orleans defenses and dominated them

The O did not dominate anybody today.
Originally posted by norcal49er864:
Also, just consider this quote if you are looking to gauge the locker room reaction from our very own Vernon Davis:

"When I see him play, I see a playmaker," 49ers tight end Vernon Davis said. "He has so much ability and he's always helping his team out. ... I still think Alex is the man, but it's the coaches' call and I am sure Coach Harbaugh will make the right decision."

Notice how he calls Kap a playmaker, but then he says that he "still thinks Alex is the man." If he wanted to put them on even ground he could have gone back and said that "Alex is a playmaker too" but in that moment of equanimity that all professionals make when faced with difficult questions about teammates in front of the media, when he wanted to say something nice about Alex he chose to not put him on the same level as Kap.
Saying someone is "the Man" is much better than saying someone who's a "playmaker."

Everyone is a playmaker if the make the play. Heck, Alex is a playmaker too.

But Kaep is not "the Man."

The comment was, The difference is that we scared Chicago and New Orleans defenses and dominated them

The O did not dominate anybody today.
OK...

two things...

1. Defensive touchdowns take away time of possession from our own offense. So had we not gotten those touchdowns, lets say we had forced punts during those drives instead. There's no telling what we would have done with those possessions on offense. Kap certainly lead some impressive drives in this game.

2. Akers missed 2 fieldgoals. So if you want to talk about how Kap only led the offense to 17 points, he put us in position for 23, which according to math is enough to beat a team that scored 21 points.
Share 49ersWebzone