LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

QB decision effect on locker Room

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Do you guys think Harbaugh has lost anyone in the locker room because of how he's handling the QB situation?
IMHO, not really, maybe just Joe Staley, who we all know is Alex Smith's buddy.
Originally posted by Jmahoney1979:
Do you guys think Harbaugh has lost anyone in the locker room because of how he's handling the QB situation?

If Harbaugh picks Kaepernick over Smith as the starter for the rest of the 2012 season, it is because Kaepernick is better than Smith. And vice versa.

The team knows that. The team sees what we see, and what Harbaugh sees. for some, it has become clear, who is better while there are a few who refuse to accept the truth.

I am sure the team will not be upset with Harbaugh upcoming decision.
He's also starting to lose fans due to his deceitful press conferences. I don't know if I can trust what Harbaugh says anymore due to the handling of the offseason move for Manning and taking away the starting job of a player that got injured.

I think the locker room may have lost some respect in this regards.

Where's his integrity? I know the NFL is a business but the players are "49er players" and he's broken many unwritten rules when it comes to sports. These are grown men and you can't treat grown men like college kids.
this team was a bunch of losers until harbaugh got here.

I think they believe in him no matter what.
Originally posted by 9erempire:
He's also starting to lose fans due to his deceitful press conferences. I don't know if I can trust what Harbaugh says anymore due to the handling of the offseason move for Manning and taking away the starting job of a player that got injured.

Where's his integrity? I know the NFL is a business but the players are "49er players" and he's broken many unwritten rules when it comes to sports. These are grown men and you can't treat grown men like college kids.

His integrity is that he's trying to improve the most important position in the game. 52 other players respect that because he's doing what's best for the team. Gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelette
The interesting thing is, Harbaugh himself experienced this. As a QB, he was released by his team, even though he played decently.

Do you think Harbaugh has this cutthroat mentality because he had experienced this cutthroat mentality on himself before???
Wtf to post #4
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Nov 25, 2012 at 10:01 PM ]

Lost fans ?
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
His integrity is that he's trying to improve the most important position in the game. 52 other players respect that because he's doing what's best for the team. Gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelette

Improve the team?

We have a freaking great team with or without any of the QB's.

It's the same team and it's not Alex is losing us games. We only lost 2 games.

This team knows that it's all about winning. Everyone has to be unselfish and do what's best for the team.
You kidding? I think he has GAINED more supporters in the locker room than anything else. While Alex was QB, everyone was just smiling politely and doing their jobs like good little soldiers. Now, these guys freaking believe man. That confidence that has been gushing over these last two games is no accident.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
That's why they didn't play hard today.
Improve the team?

We have a freaking great team with or without any of the QB's.

It's the same team and it's not Alex is losing us games. We only lost 2 games.

This team is better with Kaepernick starting at the helm over Smith starting...

No longer do we have to be afraid of teams taking away the run game and forcing us to pass. You wanna force Kaepernick to beat you with his arm?

Sure. He'll gladly do that. And he might run it, too.

Finally, a playmaker at QB, not some chump who likes to play it safe and check it down all day.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
You kidding? I think he has GAINED more supporters in the locker room than anything else. While Alex was QB, everyone was just smiling politely and doing their jobs like good little soldiers. Now, these guys freaking believe man. That confidence that has been gushing over these last two games is no accident.

I disagree.

If I played for the 49ers and the coach has been handling things like he has, I wouldn't trust him.
Share 49ersWebzone