There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Right place at right time, but Kaepernick might be the best qb of the 2011 class.

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
This is the difference. Newton needs another offensive mind coach

Most likely. Someone like Newton could flourish under a defensive mind but that defensive mind would have to back it up. Great defense, great rushing game. You play like Pittsburgh with a young Big Ben.

I don't follow the Panthers that much. But it seems they have neither. Which is a bit egregious. Got to have one or the other to help him out.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 29, 2012 at 11:51 AM ]
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
The niners traded up before the Bengals picked, and when they took Dalton, the war room stream showed everyone celebrating about it. That sorta says who they wanted, and it wasn't Ricki Stanzi.

lol. i wanted Stanzi back then.

I wanted Stephen Paea.
This makes me wonder if Tom Brady would be the Tom Brady that we know today had he took over for Bledsoe on another lesser team. The Patriots were a SB/playoff caliber team back then even with Bledsoe.

I want to say no. It takes Brady, the coaches, and the team too.

Really? They were 5-11 the year before so I'm not sure what makes you say that other than having the luxury of hindsight.
I don't follow the Panthers that much. But it seems they have neither. Which is a bit egregious. Got to have one or the other to help him out.

They're bad in all aspects. Amazing how Shanahan can find a run game with a 6th round rookie and they can't with DeAngelo Williams and Jonathon Stewart.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
This makes me wonder if Tom Brady would be the Tom Brady that we know today had he took over for Bledsoe on another lesser team. The Patriots were a SB/playoff caliber team back then even with Bledsoe.

Really? They were 5-11 the year before so I'm not sure what makes you say that other than having the luxury of hindsight.

My bad. I thought they were in the SB a 2-3 years before, and seemed better than that...

Pete Carroll
Kap is a future hall of famer! Period. I can't believe it took you guys 2 whole starts to realize it!
  • Happs
  • Veteran
Two segments on Kaepernick/Smith everyday this week on ESPN first take except for today when there was three. Harbaugh press conference live on ESPN yesterday. This is the biggest story in the NFL nationally.

I preferred being overlooked. Go cover NY teams or something and leave us alone. It's irritating.
Originally posted by Robert:
Kap is a future hall of famer! Period. I can't believe it took you guys 2 whole starts to realize it!
Man you telling me it took me 7 years for other guy!
Originally posted by JustaFan45:

lol
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

My bad. I thought they were in the SB a 2-3 years before, and seemed better than that...

Pete Carroll

Originally posted by JustaFan45:

I still haven't realized it for the other guy.

lolz, you're just asking for a timeout....
Originally posted by PineNut:
Here is an interesting story from before the 2011 draft. This guy trained both Kaepernick and Newton, and what he said about them still sounds good now. Plus, the video of Kaep leading up to the 2011 draft is an interesting watch.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d81f54896/article/kaepernick-holds-slight-athletic-edge-over-newton-trainer-says

He has still got to do it over a long period to earn any kind of claim to greatness but that link pretty much sums it up. It is perfect that he got to sit for a year and a half and learn from from the best QB coach/head coach in the league. JH is a legit QB whisperer. Kap also has by far the best team around him of any of those other guys

The past decade has been bleak but I am so stoked on the future of this franchise.

Impressive evaluation for 10 qtrs. did you send your resume to the scouting dept?
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home