There are 165 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Right place at right time, but Kaepernick might be the best qb of the 2011 class.

Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
The niners traded up before the Bengals picked, and when they took Dalton, the war room stream showed everyone celebrating about it. That sorta says who they wanted, and it wasn't Ricki Stanzi.

lol. i wanted Stanzi back then.
Originally posted by boast:
The niners traded up before the Bengals picked, and when they took Dalton, the war room stream showed everyone celebrating about it. That sorta says who they wanted, and it wasn't Ricki Stanzi.

me too
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

me too

samsies. Just cuz physically, he resembled Tom Brady.
  • kush
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

me too

lol i wanted Mallet
For sure Andy dalton is the best qb right now. Cam newton has the potential to be great but it's not just his team, he has to get better, he's very very sloppy from every aspect of qb position. I like kaepernicks potential.
Originally posted by natrone06:
Supposedly everyone in the from office including Balke wanted Dalton while Jim was banging the table for Kaep.

That's because Jim is smart.
Originally posted by kush:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

me too

lol i wanted Mallet

THIS
If Harbaugh can do this with kaepernick it makes me wonder what he can do with Cam Newton

Newton is a more talented QB than Kaep right now
And Kaep had to sit a year and a half before he started, Newton was ready to start right away and performed well.

I'd still take Newton over Kaep
A coach changes everything, Newton would be better under Harbaugh than he is with Rivera

It's an interesting topic cause Harbaugh can make any of those QBs you listed better than they are right now, and if we didn't draft Kaep who knows if a team that drafted him would coach him up as well as Harbaugh has.

I just think Harbaugh is that good. He made Josh Johnson the highest rated passer in NCAA , he made Andrew Luck great, he turned around Alex's career and made him a good quarterback, and now Kaep looks good.
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Nov 29, 2012 at 9:51 AM ]
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Right now I like Dalton more, but Kaep has shown well in his two starts.

I would agree with this. Still think Kaep has a much bigger upside.
Kaep may have a stronger arm than them all. Including Newton. I really mean that. His arm is a cannon. Just a rocket arm. He's very big at just a tiny shade under 6'5". He's around 235 lbs. He runs crazy fast. Actually a bit faster than Newton in a 40. But Newton is a bit bigger. The big difference is he has Harbaugh developing him. That makes a huge difference. I might take Kaep over any of them just on physical talent alone. With Harbaugh developing him it makes him even better.
i don't recall Cam Newton putting up 10K/4K in college
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
If Harbaugh can do this with kaepernick it makes me wonder what he can do with Cam Newton

Newton is a more talented QB than Kaep right now
And Kaep had to sit a year and a half before he started, Newton was ready to start right away and performed well.

I'd still take Newton over Kaep
A coach changes everything, Newton would be better under Harbaugh than he is with Rivera

It's an interesting topic cause Harbaugh can make any of those QBs you listed better than they are right now, and if we didn't draft Kaep who knows if a team that drafted him would coach him up as well as Harbaugh has.

I just think Harbaugh is that good. He made Josh Johnson the highest rated passer in NCAA , he made Andrew Luck great, he turned around Alex's career and made him a good quarterback, and now Kaep looks good.

well, harbaugh was considered by panthers fandom but owner richardson killed those dreams by his stubborn ideal for coaching staff.

back to topic, i really liked between kaep and dalton and i was excited specially on colin's performance on scouting combine that he might even landed on first round either dolphins, seahawks, browns, jets or raiders & redskins trading up back then.

i'm really impressed by how colin and andy overcame of their 2nd round pick status. both have skills and mindset to become elite QBs. I hope we won the superbowl this season and quickly give kaepernick the best 2011 draft class QB title.
[ Edited by NIMV4683 on Nov 29, 2012 at 11:04 AM ]
2011 QB class was eerily similar to 1979's class (somewhat QB heavy draft in the first round, but with a vibe that only 2 might make it big given the system they'd be drafted into), Newton falls into the "Jack Thompson" category (Newton had a much better rookie year of course), Andy Dalton gives you the "Phil Simms" vibe, Christian Ponder = Steve Fuller, and Kaepernick = ...lol you get the idea.
The game has slowed down for Kaepernick for sure.

Kaep has an arm equal or better than anyone in the 2011 draft.
He's faster than anyone in the draft (has run a 4.4).....by the way he's probably faster than anyone from the recent draft (even RGIII)

But the reason why he's going to be as successful

He's got better coaches than Dalton, RGIII, Luck, Ponder, Newton.......Harbaugh (the QB Whisperer), Roman, and Geep Chryst.
He's fearless.
He's more athletic.
He's as smart as anyone in the draft.
He's a super hard worker
He's mentally tough

The knock on Kaepernick was that he was going to take a long time to learn the system under center and adjust to

Harbaugh is going with him over Alex because

Kaepernick has all of the intangibles that Alex has (Smarts, work ethic)
Harbaugh and Roman can use the "entire" playbook because Kaep has the downfield arm to do anything
***He's got the "Joe Montanta factor" or Rothelbergers factor in that he can create something out of nothing when the play breaks down

It's too early to annoint him.......but you can for sure see his talent.
He needed some development time before hitting the field to be good. He got it with a good coach in Harbaugh and the Niners. He was put into the best situation to succeed. This is why Kaep look so good now, even without having had time under center in college. The other guys did well for starting out of the gate. But ideally they would want to sit for a year too. Credit goes to Kaep too for working himself into a good looking qb.

Being on a SB caliber team helps too
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 29, 2012 at 11:16 AM ]