There are 910 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should Harbaugh bring in another kicker?

Should Harbaugh bring in another kicker?

Akers is having a bad year. We cannot afford to lose a big game because he can't get it together.
I don't want Akers out, but I do want him to make some f***ing field goals. bring somebody in to push him
and if he doesn't shape up he can ship out. he's missing chip shots for Christ sake!!!
I mean if you can find a guy available who will be better, than sure... but that's the hard part
Yes. Akers has struggled in big spots dating back to his time in Philly. Not trusting him at all in a big spot.
It was a 50 yarder, but it was missed pretty badly.

I have better hope in Akers turning it around on the long FGs than some kid off the street doing better, though.
Not sure. Kickers are hard to judge. They can go through stretches where they are inconsistent. We have to let him work through it. I don't trust bringing in someone we have no idea how he would do, especially in big moments. At least Akers had been through some of those.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 25, 2012 at 5:06 PM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
With Kaepernick the place kicker is not going to be as important.
It's definitely worth a look.

Akers has been full of fail this year.
If games are close we won't be able to rely on Akers to win the game...What do we do if we go to overtime again?
Not this season, causes too many problems. In the off-season yeah.
Originally posted by dhp318:
I mean if you can find a guy available who will be better, than sure... but that's the hard part

Have you watched the guy play this year? Outside of the 63-yarder, he's been horrendous. It can't be too hard to find someone better than he is playing right now.
Originally posted by captveg:
It was a 50 yarder, but it was missed pretty badly.

I have better hope in Akers turning it around on the long FGs than some kid off the street doing better, though.

This. It was a horrible kick. The only silver lining is that the 49ers have all the leverage when it comes to re-negociating
His contract for next year. IMO id draft a kicker in the late rounds next year and have akers beat him out. Bezt kicker wins
akers is so f**kin bad this year. teach alex smith to kick since kaep is the starter now lol
He just needs to tell Akers if he doesn't get his head out of his ass, he's getting cut. He replaced the starting QB. Why would he think twice about replacing the kicker?
Where is that Georgio Tavareallylongname guy?
Is Longwell available?