There are 155 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Any update on Walker, Hunter, and Williams??

Best Wishes to KW...
I'm worried about Hunter, I hope his injury isn't as serious because the talent gap between him and the next man up is huge, imo.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Williams Torn ACL.

seriously......?
Originally posted by Genius1310:
We signed Chad Hall....

who?!?

49ers annual late-season random white guy WR signing, that's who.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 26, 2012 at 2:53 PM ]
Originally posted by defenderDX:
seriously......?

Yes, out for the season...obviously.
Any news on Walker. Haven't really heard him mentioned in the injury reports so I am figuring it isn't anything too serious.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Any news on Walker. Haven't really heard him mentioned in the injury reports so I am figuring it isn't anything too serious.

If you watch the post-game locker room speech video, you can see Walker walking without any assistance. I wouldn't be too worried.
[ Edited by Byisgod on Nov 26, 2012 at 2:55 PM ]
f**k. I really like KW. i was excited for his deepball prospects at the end of this season. Get well KW. we need you for next year.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Genius1310:
We signed Chad Hall....

who?!?

49ers annual late-season random white guy WR signing, that's who.

where's the white guy with long hair that we signed from gb last year?
Originally posted by verb1der:
I'm worried about Hunter, I hope his injury isn't as serious because the talent gap between him and the next man up is huge, imo.

You mean Jacobs or James?

I for one would like to get a look at LaMichael. Jacobs isn't a slouch...he's got 2 rings to prove it.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Nov 26, 2012 at 3:23 PM ]
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by verb1der:

You mean Jacobs or James?

I for one would like to get a look at LaMichael. Jacobs isn't a slouch...he's got 2 rings to prove it.

I want see Lmj too, but to me he's just too small, only effective way I can see them using him are in passing situations where he can be used to create mismatches to convert 3rd downs...

Jacobs...meh...yea he got 2 rings but he didn't do much yesterday with his opportunities, what he run for like 1 yard?

Hunter on the other hand is averaging 5.2 yards per carry this year that I think it's safe to say that defenses equally respect our run game when either Hunter or Gore is back there, not sure same can be said for any other backfield combination, I hope he heals up come playoff time.
I bet we wont see hunter until the post season. High ankle sprains have a nasty way of hanging around and a RB needs that ankle. I think yesterday was knocking the rust off of Jacobs. I'm not worried about him at all.
[ Edited by kingairta on Nov 26, 2012 at 3:57 PM ]
Originally posted by kingairta:
I bet we wont see hunter until the post season. High ankle sprains have a nasty way of hanging around and a RB needs that ankle. I think yesterday was knocking the rust off of Jacobs. I'm not worried about him at all.

Who knows, with fresh legs, Jacobs could be a huge addition at the end of the season. Especially with Gore who appears to be slowing.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Who knows, with fresh legs, Jacobs could be a huge addition at the end of the season. Especially with Gore who appears to be slowing.

What game are you watching?
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

What game are you watching?

He did have several good rushes towards the end of the game, but his average was pretty low. Kaep had to convert several long 3rd downs. But honestly, the stats don't support my assertion...

Date - Yards - Yd/Att
9/9 - 112 - 7.0
9/16 - 89 - 5.2
9/23 - 63 - 5.3
9/30 - 62 - 3.0
10/7 - 106 - 7.6
10/14 - 36 - 4.5
10/18 - 131 - 8.2
10/29 - 55 - 3.4
11/11 - 97 - 4.6
11/19 - 78 - 4.6
11/25 - 83 - 4.4

So it's not a significant drop, but his per-carry average has slipped recently.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home