There are 272 users in the forums

Any update on Walker, Hunter, and Williams??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
IMO, LaMichael James will see at least some time replacing Hunter. His game is more like Hunter's, unlike Jacobs'. And during preseason LMJ was working well with Colin on option plays.

we dont need to run gimmicky option plays to win....the question is can he pass block
Originally posted by cciowa:
IMO, LaMichael James will see at least some time replacing Hunter. His game is more like Hunter's, unlike Jacobs'. And during preseason LMJ was working well with Colin on option plays.
respectfully disagree. I think jenkins will see more time ahead of james. we still got dixon and jacobs and while I understand your logic of the way he runs. it just sounds like james is still a work in progress and there is no way in gods green earth JH will put james back there to return kics, if he is activated. we have a crazy coach but i do not think he is that crazy. if you are right and i am wrong, i got no problem with it!. will not be the first time i was wrong or jumped to judgement
I'm not promoting LMJ for returner. But his skills at outside runs and quick hitters bring what Hunter had. Jacobs obviously doesn't. Also to the poster that called option plays "gimmicky," Harbaugh has many of the college-style plays as part of usual fare for the offense. Can LMJ pass block as well as Hunter? I doubt he'll be asked to do it any more than they asked it of Hunter.
[ Edited by Paul_Hofer on Nov 26, 2012 at 10:47 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
respectfully disagree. I think jenkins will see more time ahead of james. we still got dixon and jacobs and while I understand your logic of the way he runs. it just sounds like james is still a work in progress and there is no way in gods green earth JH will put james back there to return kics, if he is activated. we have a crazy coach but i do not think he is that crazy. if you are right and i am wrong, i got no problem with it!. will not be the first time i was wrong or jumped to judgement
I'm not promoting LMJ for returner. But his skills at outside runs and quick hitters bring what Hunter had. Jacobs obviously doesn't. Also to the poster that called option plays "gimmicky," Harbaugh has many of the college-style plays as part of usual fare for the offense. Can LMJ pass block as well as Hunter? I doubt he'll be asked to do it any more than they asked it of Hunter.
understand and you may be right,, you usually are
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Any word on Williams knee? I got a feeling it's an ACL.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mayo49:

the way he fell, points to that. He's done for this season. AJ Jenkins will be activated but don't see him getting many reps. Manningham needs to stay out there more often.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Yeah. Looks like he blew that knee out.

Could be one of those MCL, PCL and ACL tears

OUCH!
If memory serves me correctly, Kaep and Jenkins had some good chemistry going in preseason. I'd really like to see AJ get some playing time this year even if it's only a catch or two per game.
I'm nervous about these injuries... Hunter gets taken for granted (after reading this thread) and KW is a solid slot guy. I have a horrible feeling about KW, but I'm hoping Hunter's injury is better than expected.
Originally posted by sacniner:
I'm nervous about these injuries... Hunter gets taken for granted (after reading this thread) and KW is a solid slot guy. I have a horrible feeling about KW, but I'm hoping Hunter's injury is better than expected.

Hey, we have been really fortunate with injuries. This team will handle them well.
Harbs said more than likely we will see some new actives! Get yo popcorn ready!

Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Harbs said more than likely we will see some new actives! Get yo popcorn ready!

Jenkins and Jacobs law firm
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
good thing we're stacked at both WR and RB.

But we do need Hunter back ASAP.
The way Williams was grabbing his knee it looked bad. I'm hoping for better news with Hunter and Delainie. Hopefully they are not out for too long. I agree LMJ should replace Hunter but I think AJ stays inactive and they play mannigham more and put him in the slot with moss on the outside with crabtree. That way they can keep Jacobs active.
Taylor Price ‏@TaylorPrice49 Harbaugh on #49ers rookies suiting up in STL: "There's a good chance we'll have some new active guys on Sunday.. The opportunity is coming."
Poor Kyle

Out for the season with a torn ACL...
Share 49ersWebzone