LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ST LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 13)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pete98146:
If Harbaugh/Egg Roman want our QB to be a game manager, you might as well insert Alex because he is the master. It can't be both ways guys. I'm still scratching my head. If you want Kaep at QB you call plays that are designed for his strong points. Conservative play calling doesn't suit Colin Kaepernick What a mess......

Exactly.
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Originally posted by JustaFan45:
So if Walker makes that TD catch we win! If Akers hits the fg we win! Those two plays were after the bad pitch!

So us being ahead in the 4th Quarter 10-2, with the ball means nothing? We aren't in the position to need a Walker catch or a field goal if that toss doesn't happen. The Ram's didn't score a TD on offense all day. We might as well blame the Defense for not stopping them from hitting the field goal at the end of regulation. Point is, Kaep doesn't pitch that ball, we win.
That makes no sense! We might at well say if we don't go to St. Louis we don't lose this game!

Again Walker is the receiver his job is to catch the ball! Akers job is to kick field goals! Neither did their jobs and in both cases were after the fact. (ie:bad pitch)
So if Walker makes that TD catch we win! If Akers hits the fg we win! Those two plays were after the bad pitch!

yup, walker scores its OVA ! We need a 1 st round bye !
Originally posted by Five4Five:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
I dont know if you know this or not but Akers has a pelvic injury. Can you just imagine how hard it must be for a kicker to do his job with that kind of injury!

He received that injury last week. He's been garbage from any significant distance all season, save for Week 1.

If his Pelvis is still hurt then he had no business being in this game. Still his fault he missed 2 FG's.
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I can't believe people are trying to defend CK despite his enormous part in losing this for us.

If Alex commits two turnovers/mistakes that gave up two Rams scores, he'd be crucified by a lot of fans here. WE DON'T HAVE TIME NOR DO WE HAVE THE LUXURY to "wait and find out" if this was just an isolated horrendous game by Kaepernick, or instead if he's actually been figured out by opponents and/or isn't ready just yet.
<blockquote class="quote">
Nobody is disputing his mistakes lost us the game. When I sit back and take every play into account, I thought he played a decent game. He made good throws and made plays with his feet. At no point did I think the kid is overwhelmed and not ready. He's ready. We'll stick with him because he's the better player. That decision has already been made. Nothing to figure out
Unfortunately I think quite a few people on this board are disputing just that.

No, just the Alex fans. His mistake didn't cost us the game our team / coach play did. Remember he also led the team on a drive to take the lead 13-10 with less than 2min left. Bradford scrambled twice with a PF on Goldston which put them in FG range. There were also numerous penalties on the Oline that nullified great plays never mind Moss' missed block on the fumble recovery. So before you 'blame' Kaepernick watch the game again.
[ Edited by sdaddy101269 on Dec 2, 2012 at 3:23 PM ]
This game was so frustrating to watch.

Here's the reasons for the loss today.

The frustration started before the game with the announcement of LaMichael James being inactive today. My biggest fear was that the rams defense would load up the middle of the field to stop Gore and Jacobs, and without Kendall Hunter as that speedy back to get to the edge the running backs would get stuffed all day. And guess what? They did. Now maybe LaMichael James isn't ready to play, but it would've helped to have a couple of simple plays called where he can use his speed to test the outside.

So the game was a real physical game and the rams wanted to make Kaepernick uncomfortable all day and to their credit they did. They played a real good defensive game and every yard was earned. However, Roman and Harbaugh absolutely didn't help with their horrible play calling, and it seemed especially horrible today.
I mean I know the coaches are creative at calling run plays but come on...how many times can they run Gore up the middle? And seriously you're gonna have Kaep pitch that far to Ginn from with in our own 10 yard line? And to top it off we get way too conservative in OT when we settle for a long field goal attempt from our erratic kicker. Now I don't like the conservative play calling at the end but o.k. they have faith in Akers. I get that. But why on that 3rd down are we calling a rollout to Kaep's left where he can't make an accurate throw across his body and not even attempt to run a few yards to make the kick easier? It makes no sense!

Now the players. Delanie Walker, how many freaking times is he going to drop the easiest catches in the history of mankind? Game over if he makes that catch for the touchdown.

I thought Kaep played fine, but it was a tough game. He made mistakes with the bad toss to Ginn and running out of bounds at the end of regulation. But he also made some real nice throws, so I'm not putting this loss on him. I do have to admit that Alex wouldn't have made that toss, but then again Roman/Harbaugh would've never called that play for Alex in the first place.

What the hell is Ted Ginn doing? For me this is what really grinded my gears above anything else in the game. There's three really good options Ginn had on the botched toss.
1. Kick/punch the ball out of bounds. Then there's a punt, no big deal.
2. Kick/punch the ball to back of the endzone. We get a safety, but still no big deal.
3. Do everything you can to jump on top of the ball. Then there's a punt, no big deal.
But what does he do? He makes a half ass effort to get the ball and it looks like he's trying to scoop it up and run with it.
Two weeks in a row now Ginn's showed his football is IQ is low with dumb mistakes. I kind of think he needs to go. He looks unhappy and he's playing dumb football.
I literally was yelling at the screen "is Ginn the dumbest football player in America?" Probably harsh but I was pissed at his effort/poor choice.

Akers. He's struggling obviously.

Defense played a real nice game. They showed up.

O-line, too many penalties and didn't play their best game.

Refs. Gave rams 2 points that obviously turned out to be a big deal. The Goldson helmet to helmet contact penalty was atrocious, no way around it. Niners benefited from some calls too, but in the end not much they can do to change crappy calls against them.

This is what worries me now. The Seahawks. They can win the rest of their games and take the division. We now have to beat them in Seattle or beat the Patriots in New England or we could lose division and risk missing the postseason.

No polishing this turd of a game. We had it won, but gave it away.
Originally posted by cwilson830:
If Harbaugh/Egg Roman want our QB to be a game manager, you might as well insert Alex because he is the master. It can't be both ways guys. I'm still scratching my head. If you want Kaep at QB you call plays that are designed for his strong points. Conservative play calling doesn't suit Colin Kaepernick What a mess......

Exactly.

I'm with you here!
Originally posted by redrazer45:

yup, walker scores its OVA ! We need a 1 st round bye !

No we don't. We play well on the road.
That makes no sense! We might at well say if we don't go to St. Louis we don't lose this game!

Again Walker is the receiver his job is to catch the ball! Akers job is to kick field goals! Neither did their jobs and in both cases were after the fact. (ie:bad pitch)

QB's job is to protect the ball and not give the opposing team 10 points. He does his job, we win. Works the same way
Originally posted by 2000sooners:

Exactly.

I'm with you here!

Yea great point

Exactly.

I might be wrong but I think the Rams were taking away the deep options
Originally posted by sfout:
point is if Roman didnt call that atrocious play Kaepernick wouldn't have pitched it and we wouldn't have need DW dropped TD or then needed Akers missed FG.

IT ALL GOES BACK TO INOPPORTUNE PLAY CALLING! Greg Roman is the issue! Not to mention our OL got manhandled in the run game today because the run blitzed on 90% of the plays today.

I have to agree. I was not impressed with the playcalling at all in this game. Gore was working early, so they stuck with it, even when it quit working from the 2nd quarter on. And why call a read option there? Way to risky/gimicky for that part of the field. The theme for today was run/run/pass/punt all day, with a few strange calls like that one thrown in.

And Akers....Ugh! If he kicks like last year we win both Rams games...
This game was so frustrating to watch.

Here's the reasons for the loss today.

The frustration started before the game with the announcement of LaMichael James being inactive today. My biggest fear was that the rams defense would load up the middle of the field to stop Gore and Jacobs, and without Kendall Hunter as that speedy back to get to the edge the running backs would get stuffed all day. And guess what? They did. Now maybe LaMichael James isn't ready to play, but it would've helped to have a couple of simple plays called where he can use his speed to test the outside.

So the game was a real physical game and the rams wanted to make Kaepernick uncomfortable all day and to their credit they did. They played a real good defensive game and every yard was earned. However, Roman and Harbaugh absolutely didn't help with their horrible play calling, and it seemed especially horrible today.
I mean I know the coaches are creative at calling run plays but come on...how many times can they run Gore up the middle? And seriously you're gonna have Kaep pitch that far to Ginn from with in our own 10 yard line? And to top it off we get way too conservative in OT when we settle for a long field goal attempt from our erratic kicker. Now I don't like the conservative play calling at the end but o.k. they have faith in Akers. I get that. But why on that 3rd down are we calling a rollout to Kaep's left where he can't make an accurate throw across his body and not even attempt to run a few yards to make the kick easier? It makes no sense!

Now the players. Delanie Walker, how many freaking times is he going to drop the easiest catches in the history of mankind? Game over if he makes that catch for the touchdown.

I thought Kaep played fine, but it was a tough game. He made mistakes with the bad toss to Ginn and running out of bounds at the end of regulation. But he also made some real nice throws, so I'm not putting this loss on him. I do have to admit that Alex wouldn't have made that toss, but then again Roman/Harbaugh would've never called that play for Alex in the first place.

What the hell is Ted Ginn doing? For me this is what really grinded my gears above anything else in the game. There's three really good options Ginn had on the botched toss.
1. Kick/punch the ball out of bounds. Then there's a punt, no big deal.
2. Kick/punch the ball to back of the endzone. We get a safety, but still no big deal.
3. Do everything you can to jump on top of the ball. Then there's a punt, no big deal.
But what does he do? He makes a half ass effort to get the ball and it looks like he's trying to scoop it up and run with it.
Two weeks in a row now Ginn's showed his football is IQ is low with dumb mistakes. I kind of think he needs to go. He looks unhappy and he's playing dumb football.
I literally was yelling at the screen "is Ginn the dumbest football player in America?" Probably harsh but I was pissed at his effort/poor choice.

Akers. He's struggling obviously.

Defense played a real nice game. They showed up.

O-line, too many penalties and didn't play their best game.

Refs. Gave rams 2 points that obviously turned out to be a big deal. The Goldson helmet to helmet contact penalty was atrocious, no way around it. Niners benefited from some calls too, but in the end not much they can do to change crappy calls against them.

This is what worries me now. The Seahawks. They can win the rest of their games and take the division. We now have to beat them in Seattle or beat the Patriots in New England or we could lose division and risk missing the postseason.

No polishing this turd of a game. We had it won, but gave it away.
Cheap bear
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by 2000sooners:

Exactly.

I'm with you here!

Yea great point

I'm with ya,

Did anyone else feel like Roman's play calling was more than predictable. I felt the only way the 49ers could be more transparent with their playcalling is having Kap walk into the defensive huddle and draw it out in the dirt.

When the 49ers ran a "trick" play..... It ALWAYS blew up in their face.
Share 49ersWebzone