There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Will Moss be more of a factor now that C.K. is starting?

Will Moss be more of a factor now that C.K. is starting?

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Yes, Moss will be used more.

Especially in the Red Zone. Kap will be able to throw the ball high enough with accuracy for Moss to score.

Moss wasn't a factor. Kap has completed 1 pass out of 3 greater than 21 yards out of over 70 + attempts. His QB rating is 118.6 for passes in the 11-20 yd. range with an 85% completion ratio. He's taken what the OL will give him. Moss has never been an 11-20 route runner type of receiver. They have to figure out how to throw a proper fade to Moss in the end zone(high and outside) before they even have a clue on how to use him on 9 routes(his bread and butter). Stick with whats working. It won't be enough firepower for a SB, but its something to build on for next year. The offense has been much more dynamic and dangerous over the last couple of weeks without Moss playing a factor. At least you can now see the true potential now that they're running on 7 out of 8 cylinders.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 32,294
well he may play more now with williams injury. ginn is worthless so moss may be third wide out unless the kid gets brought up
I started to learn to watch football kind of late. It was after the perfect season of the Dolphins that I first paying attention and at that time, you were either a power team like the Dolphins or a passing team like the Chargers with very little in between. I live in Reno and loved the Madden's Raiders but could never get tickets to the Coliseum. However, Niners games at that time were easily available at very good prices. I watched Dick Nolan's team got ripped often but I liked Brody and even Spurrier ( whom I absolutely can't stand nowadays). And then the 9ers got Walsh from the Bengals and then came Montana and I was drawn away from the Raiders to the Candlestick. The reason? The Forty-Niners were exciting.

Walsh took what his opponents gave him yes, but that was just the first step. He exploited whatever you gave him and tear you to pieces with it. May it be the run between the tackles, outside run game, short passes, long passes, whatever. He would find a seam in your defense and rip a big hole from it. And THAT, was the West Coast Offense. It explored your weakness and beat you by sticking a blade through it. His famous pre-scripted first 15 plays every game were designed to find your weakness. Every week was different because every opponent was different. People mostly remembered the short passes because until Walsh, very few teams beat anybody with short passes. They were either sledge hammers or battle axes, never stilettos. The main reason people loved the West Coast Offense was not the short passes, or run after the catch, or Jerry Rice's 75 yard TD or Roger Craig's high kneed runs but because the offense was EXCITING. You'd never know how we're going to kick our weekly foe's a$$. But you knew it was going to be EXCITING.

People tell me our current offense under AS is to take what's given to us and therefore, it is the West Coast Offense. I say BULL S**T. Any Defense will be happy to give you three yard passes all day long if that's all you're capable of doing. You explore and exploit your opposing D's weakness and kick him in the face through it. You don't settle for sacks because they're better than an INT. You don't settle for five yards check-down on third and eight because it's a completion. You play to win and THAT will be exciting. When you play to win, you can't help but be exciting. And if you have a good team like ours, you can't help but win.

Kaep under Harbough is giving us EXCITEMENT. And we're winning.
Originally posted by ayetee:
I started to learn to watch football kind of late. It was after the perfect season of the Dolphins that I first paying attention and at that time, you were either a power team like the Dolphins or a passing team like the Chargers with very little in between. I live in Reno and loved the Madden's Raiders but could never get tickets to the Coliseum. However, Niners games at that time were easily available at very good prices. I watched Dick Nolan's team got ripped often but I liked Brody and even Spurrier ( whom I absolutely can't stand nowadays). And then the 9ers got Walsh from the Bengals and then came Montana and I was drawn away from the Raiders to the Candlestick. The reason? The Forty-Niners were exciting.

Walsh took what his opponents gave him yes, but that was just the first step. He exploited whatever you gave him and tear you to pieces with it. May it be the run between the tackles, outside run game, short passes, long passes, whatever. He would find a seam in your defense and rip a big hole from it. And THAT, was the West Coast Offense. It explored your weakness and beat you by sticking a blade through it. His famous pre-scripted first 15 plays every game were designed to find your weakness. Every week was different because every opponent was different. People mostly remembered the short passes because until Walsh, very few teams beat anybody with short passes. They were either sledge hammers or battle axes, never stilettos. The main reason people loved the West Coast Offense was not the short passes, or run after the catch, or Jerry Rice's 75 yard TD or Roger Craig's high kneed runs but because the offense was EXCITING. You'd never know how we're going to kick our weekly foe's a$$. But you knew it was going to be EXCITING.

People tell me our current offense under AS is to take what's given to us and therefore, it is the West Coast Offense. I say BULL S**T. Any Defense will be happy to give you three yard passes all day long if that's all you're capable of doing. You explore and exploit your opposing D's weakness and kick him in the face through it. You don't settle for sacks because they're better than an INT. You don't settle for five yards check-down on third and eight because it's a completion. You play to win and THAT will be exciting. When you play to win, you can't help but be exciting. And if you have a good team like ours, you can't help but win.

Kaep under Harbough is giving us EXCITEMENT. And we're winning.

Hi there. On behalf of the Parking Lot Wolves, I'd like to welcome you to the WZ. You've definitely been watching football for a lot longer than many on this board. I have a question for you. If the 49ers started to suck again, and all of the sudden the raiders were the most high flying offense anybody had ever seen, would you jump ship and go back to being a raiders fan?
we have a WR that gets down field.... we happen to have a QB that can get the ball ball down field so...


yes
Originally posted by cciowa:
well he may play more now with williams injury. ginn is worthless so moss may be third wide out unless the kid gets brought up

was thinking of the same thing. we'll see if moss can still out jump smaller corners.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Hi there. On behalf of the Parking Lot Wolves, I'd like to welcome you to the WZ. You've definitely been watching football for a lot longer than many on this board. I have a question for you. If the 49ers started to suck again, and all of the sudden the raiders were the most high flying offense anybody had ever seen, would you jump ship and go back to being a raiders fan?
I know never is a very long time but I don't think I'll ever go back to be a fan of a team like the Raiders. One thing about Madden is that he is a Classy guy and he ran a classy team. The Raiders have ceased to be my kind of organization a long time ago and the kind of fans Raiders have nowadays is not what I like to be identified with at all. Tom Flores won a SB for the Raiders but that's not how I judge a team by, I'd rather take Bud Grant's Vikes with Tarkenton.

If the Niners somehow, someday turns into something like the Raiders, and since there is no other NFL teams around, I'll quietly get off the wagon and start watching tennis, maybe.
[ Edited by ayetee on Nov 26, 2012 at 11:09 PM ]
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
we have a WR that gets down field.... we happen to have a QB that can get the ball ball down field so...


yes
The first TD pass by Kaep to VD against the Bears could have been thrown to Moss if Kaep chose to. Moss had beaten his coverage and was only two yards to the left
Moss is a factor no matter who is at qb. The difference now is that Moss is actually a target with Kaep under center.
Even though the saints scored, im happy that Ginn muffed the punt. Now we can say he has no value and can be cut with no regrets.Taking up money and roster space. If he can actually be a reciever and put his speed to good use then I will happily eat my words, until then I take the tag of most useless niner off of brock and put it on Ginn, especially since Brock is playing lights out on special teams. lol.

Moss will be a factor though. He gets open fairly often, he woulda had a TD if moss thru that Fade up and to the corner instead of low and in. I like how Moss was coaching up Kap on the sidelines while the Niners were on Defense. Thats a true team player.
Originally posted by ayetee:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Hi there. On behalf of the Parking Lot Wolves, I'd like to welcome you to the WZ. You've definitely been watching football for a lot longer than many on this board. I have a question for you. If the 49ers started to suck again, and all of the sudden the raiders were the most high flying offense anybody had ever seen, would you jump ship and go back to being a raiders fan?
I know never is a very long time but I don't think I'll ever go back to be a fan of a team like the Raiders. One thing about Madden is that he is a Classy guy and he ran a classy team. The Raiders have ceased to be my kind of organization a long time ago and the kind of fans Raiders have nowadays is not what I like to be identified with at all. Tom Flores won a SB for the Raiders but that's not how I judge a team by, I'd rather take Bud Grant's Vikes with Tarkenton.

If the Niners somehow, someday turns into something like the Raiders, and since there is no other NFL teams around, I'll quietly get off the wagon and start watching tennis, maybe.

you are probably...the creator...of the bandwagon fan
Moss can give Kaepernick advice with what kind of coverages the opposing defense is throwing at him. Also he still poses as a deep threat and takes two defenders with him. Moss also had a key block for CK's rushing TD in the Saints game.
[ Edited by NinerTeam on Nov 27, 2012 at 1:52 AM ]
All the receivers will benefit from it but, lets wait and see who our QB is going to be....