There are 175 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Will Moss be more of a factor now that C.K. is starting?

Will Moss be more of a factor now that C.K. is starting?

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
So long as we win who cares


How shellshocked are they in CHI
Pissed would be the better word. That loss has really deflated many Bears fans around here. They really thought they were better than what they are. But others, especially come sports radio people, thought that Monday night game would be a "gut check" game for the Bears. But I've been telling people here all season that the Bears were a paper tiger. They just hadn't played a D like ours or a coaching staff like ours the whole season, and it showed.

***And just a minute ago I saw on the news that Chilo Rachal has been demoted from the starting line-up, left practice yesterday, and hasn't been seen or heard from since. *** They are completely re-shuffling the o-line. Man, now that's how you truly defeat a team

Chilo is driving to pancake city

They gonna have to watch Randy. Now the 49ers WILL throw deep because Randy will draw single coverage.
They'll double Vernon before they double Randy.
ADVANTAGE MOSS.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
So long as we win who cares


How shellshocked are they in CHI
Pissed would be the better word. That loss has really deflated many Bears fans around here. They really thought they were better than what they are. But others, especially come sports radio people, thought that Monday night game would be a "gut check" game for the Bears. But I've been telling people here all season that the Bears were a paper tiger. They just hadn't played a D like ours or a coaching staff like ours the whole season, and it showed.

***And just a minute ago I saw on the news that Chilo Rachal has been demoted from the starting line-up, left practice yesterday, and hasn't been seen or heard from since. *** They are completely re-shuffling the o-line. Man, now that's how you truly defeat a team

Chilo is driving to pancake city
yes
almost broke his hand
Yes ! C.K. gots the arm. etc............
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Whether you're done discussing it or not, the defense was responsible for last year's success. Alex did what he was asked to do, which for the most part wasn't much. The safe throws generally aren't going to win games unless another unit is keeping it close. Bottom line: if the defense wasn't playing at such a ridiculous level last year, Alex's efforts would not have led them to the NFC Championship game. You'd really have to work on tricking yourself into believing otherwise.

Kaepernick is way more of a threat than Alex will ever be. The Bears had Frank at -3 yards until Kaepernick burned them deep, which is something Alex wouldn't have done. That made them back off and the running game got going. Make no mistake, the Bears play a different defensive game if Alex is in there.

The funny thing is our defense was NOT playing at a ridiculous level last season. Run D yes, Special Teams Yes, Pass D No. The Bears didn't change the defense at all and that's why they continuously got burned. Defenses get tired and that played a part into our running success. Not to mention our O-Line wears teams down. It's ridiculous the things people blame Alex for. He did his job last year and has been doing it well this year. 3rd rated QB 7th in QBR and first in completion percentage. I saw some crazy stat where only Ryan had a better completion percentage with throws traveling to or past the first down marker.
No. Good defenses will pressure CK more and the OL won't hold up long enough for many long balls. Plus opposing DC's have game film on
CK now and will be better prepared to stop him. Stick to Gore and short to intermediate routes until the OL can show it can provide 7 step drop protection on a consistent basis.
The media and a lot of fans are obsessed with Moss. He is the third, maybe even the 4th best WR on this team right now. Seriously. He isn't as close to as fast as he was. His role on this team is more than what happens on field. As long as we get VD, Crabs, Manningham and even KW involved Moss doesn't need the ball.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
So long as we win who cares


How shellshocked are they in CHI
Pissed would be the better word. That loss has really deflated many Bears fans around here. They really thought they were better than what they are. But others, especially come sports radio people, thought that Monday night game would be a "gut check" game for the Bears. But I've been telling people here all season that the Bears were a paper tiger. They just hadn't played a D like ours or a coaching staff like ours the whole season, and it showed.

***And just a minute ago I saw on the news that Chilo Rachal has been demoted from the starting line-up, left practice yesterday, and hasn't been seen or heard from since. *** They are completely re-shuffling the o-line. Man, now that's how you truly defeat a team

Chilo is driving to pancake city

He learned that trick from fellow draft mate Balmer and Coffee as well
  • dj43
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,155
Originally posted by sacniner:
The media and a lot of fans are obsessed with Moss. He is the third, maybe even the 4th best WR on this team right now. Seriously. He isn't as close to as fast as he was. His role on this team is more than what happens on field. As long as we get VD, Crabs, Manningham and even KW involved Moss doesn't need the ball.

^^^^^
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by is3fifty23:
I want to see a 80yard bomb to moss

Our fan base seems to have based their assessment of good QB play and offense on Madden. Ugh.


Uh.

Joe, Steve, and Jerry built a dynasty on those kinds of plays.

I can access the historical archives if you need evidence or something.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by is3fifty23:
I want to see a 80yard bomb to moss

Our fan base seems to have based their assessment of good QB play and offense on Madden. Ugh.


Uh.

Joe, Steve, and Jerry built a dynasty on those kinds of plays.

I can access the historical archives if you need evidence or something.

Uh, no. Not even close.

The 49ers were built on the short pass. Joe was famous for it.

Do you know who the 49er all time leading receiver was before Jerry Rice? Roger Craig. A running back. Whenever I hear people call Alex Smith "captain check down" I laugh my @ss off. Montana checked down enough to ensure that Roger Craig had over 500 receptions as a 49er.

Did you know that our FULLBACK had 73 catches in 1989? The great 49er teams of old made their money with 5-10 yard passes and YAC. That's not an opinion, it's a fact. Check the stats. The 49ers were never a chuck n' duck offense.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by is3fifty23:
I want to see a 80yard bomb to moss

Our fan base seems to have based their assessment of good QB play and offense on Madden. Ugh.


Uh.

Joe, Steve, and Jerry built a dynasty on those kinds of plays.

I can access the historical archives if you need evidence or something.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by is3fifty23:
I want to see a 80yard bomb to moss

Our fan base seems to have based their assessment of good QB play and offense on Madden. Ugh.


Uh.

Joe, Steve, and Jerry built a dynasty on those kinds of plays.

I can access the historical archives if you need evidence or something.

Uh, no. Not even close.

The 49ers were built on the short pass. Joe was famous for it.

Do you know who the 49er all time leading receiver was before Jerry Rice? Roger Craig. A running back. Whenever I hear people call Alex Smith "captain check down" I laugh my @ss off. Montana checked down enough to ensure that Roger Craig had over 500 receptions as a 49er.

Did you know that our FULLBACK had 73 catches in 1989? The great 49er teams of old made their money with 5-10 yard passes and YAC. That's not an opinion, it's a fact. Check the stats. The 49ers were never a chuck n' duck offense.

Fantasy football has ruined fans perspective of how the game was and should be played.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Uh, no. Not even close.

The 49ers were built on the short pass. Joe was famous for it.

Do you know who the 49er all time leading receiver was before Jerry Rice? Roger Craig. A running back. Whenever I hear people call Alex Smith "captain check down" I laugh my @ss off. Montana checked down enough to ensure that Roger Craig had over 500 receptions as a 49er.

Did you know that our FULLBACK had 73 catches in 1989? The great 49er teams of old made their money with 5-10 yard passes and YAC. That's not an opinion, it's a fact. Check the stats. The 49ers were never a chuck n' duck offense.

Solid post. That is the true history of the team. Pass short, and then maybe hit them up top later in the game. It was beautiful football.

Not sure why everyone is so obsessed with the deep bomb to Moss. It's not like Moss has been burning people all year. This is a very low percentage play and we need to get over it. If it happens cool, but it's not necessary for this offense to be successful
hope we can hit him deep for a TD vs NO.