LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Will Moss be more of a factor now that C.K. is starting?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will Moss be more of a factor now that C.K. is starting?

Originally posted by KaepBay510:
YES. Alex Smith was not the QB for Randy Moss. I've wanted Kaepernick to be the starter ever since he took that chane vs NYJ and heaved the ball into triple coverage. A.Smith flat out does not have the balls to even try a pass like that. The Niners didn't even need Alex in that game. They could have won with Tolzien starting. Alex threw for a measly 143 yds and ZERO tds VS one of the NFLs worst defenses. Games were beginning to get rather boring with Smith under center. Kaepernick has breathed some life back into this season. Fans no longer have to sit through 100 yd passing games. Kaep not only will gt Moss more involved, but the ENTIRE recieving corps as well. Teams aren't going to stack the box against the 9ers anymore, which will alow Frank Gore to run free. No more checkdowns for losses or no gains. One bomb the whole year to Randy is despicable. Can't believe I have been reading comments calling Harbaugh's decision to start Kaep "terrible". Alex Smith did not LEAD the 9ers to an NFC title game appearence. The Defense did. 5 turnovers vs the Saints allowed Alex Smith to have the game of his life. Remember when Mark Sanchez "LED" NYJ to 2 consecutive title game appearences? It does not take a great QB to lead his team to a NFC/AFC championship game. It takes a great QB to win a Superbowl. Something I started to doubt highly after the games VS Minnesota,NYJ,NYG,and Seattle. Alex Smith was this teams weakest link by far. How many contending teams can say thier QB is the weakest link? ZERO. You heard Vernon say it, "Kaeps the MAN!!"

He didn't lead two game-winning drives?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
So long as we win who cares
this is the bottom line of course. a 80 yard bomb, a five yard run or pass.. does it really matter
Cant blitz on 4 wide WR sets

How shellshocked are they in CHI
Originally posted by cciowa:
smith is a good guy, great team mate and solid nfl starting quarterback. i do not read much into player comments after a game when they are caught up in the emotion,, the players like both guys and unlike joe vs steve we have no lockerroom issues and both quarterbacks have handled this with class and dignity. i am also done discussing last year and who led what and whom to the nfc title game, alex played a big role, he was doing a good job and we were in first place with him at the hel,m. he gets hurt, the kid makes the most of his opportunity and now I really really want and need to see how he plays in a situation sunday which is 100 per cent different than mondays comforts of home. if he plays well and wins, fine, I like whoever our qb is cuz i am not in the ck vs smith camp. i like both, i have always liked smith but i like both and am confident in both. if ck pulls a troy smith sunday you can put alex back in, we continue along and probably win the division anyway.. its a no lose thing for us i think,,, again unlike joe vs steve who used the media and other teammates to push thier agenda we do not see that here and i am very happy about that

Whether you're done discussing it or not, the defense was responsible for last year's success. Alex did what he was asked to do, which for the most part wasn't much. The safe throws generally aren't going to win games unless another unit is keeping it close. Bottom line: if the defense wasn't playing at such a ridiculous level last year, Alex's efforts would not have led them to the NFC Championship game. You'd really have to work on tricking yourself into believing otherwise.

Kaepernick is way more of a threat than Alex will ever be. The Bears had Frank at -3 yards until Kaepernick burned them deep, which is something Alex wouldn't have done. That made them back off and the running game got going. Make no mistake, the Bears play a different defensive game if Alex is in there.
this thread should be locked like every other thread that involves favoring a QB other than smith... like mine did when i brought up WR route running
i expect to see more YAC by all the receivers.
Originally posted by forty9ers:
this thread should be locked like every other thread that involves favoring a QB other than smith... like mine did when i brought up WR route running

smith has an unfair advantage cuz when kap is in the game they seem to run better routes. it's not alex's fault they cant catch either
  • Chief
  • Veteran
CK isn't starting... so this thread is pointless.
Originally posted by zillabeast:

Pissed would be the better word. That loss has really deflated many Bears fans around here. They really thought they were better than what they are. But others, especially come sports radio people, thought that Monday night game would be a "gut check" game for the Bears. But I've been telling people here all season that the Bears were a paper tiger. They just hadn't played a D like ours or a coaching staff like ours the whole season, and it showed.

***And just a minute ago I saw on the news that Chilo Rachal has been demoted from the starting line-up, left practice yesterday, and hasn't been seen or heard from since. *** They are completely re-shuffling the o-line. Man, now that's how you truly defeat a team

Pissed would be the better word. That loss has really deflated many Bears fans around here. They really thought they were better than what they are. But others, especially come sports radio people, thought that Monday night game would be a "gut check" game for the Bears. But I've been telling people here all season that the Bears were a paper tiger. They just hadn't played a D like ours or a coaching staff like ours the whole season, and it showed.

***And just a minute ago I saw on the news that Chilo Rachal has been demoted from the starting line-up, left practice yesterday, and hasn't been seen or heard from since. *** They are completely re-shuffling the o-line. Man, now that's how you truly defeat a team

So many Bears fans around here are just dazed and confused after Monday nights game. Get so many dirty looks with my Niners gear on when they see me.
Originally posted by Chief:
CK isn't starting... so this thread is pointless.

Is that you Alex? lol
Lol, Moss isn't suddenly going to be a bigger factor with Kaep as the QB, because we're still going to be a run focused team. We will not throw for more yards on average.

Chilo is driving to pancake city
I just hope we win the Super Bowl this year, we have like an all star team except the QB, we stacked at all positions, loaded with first round talent, this team cannot be maintained and we need to win now, kaep or smith, whoever it is, get it done...
Share 49ersWebzone