There are 142 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS GAMEDAY THREAD

Just watched the recap on Gameday Final on NFLN. Marshall Faulk is a big time HATER!
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Just watched the recap on Gameday Final on NFLN. Marshall Faulk is a big time HATER!

He played for the Rams so it's easy to understand why he's a hater...
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by alpha81:
What's up with Alex Smith's smirk of disappointment after Kaep scored? Is he really a team player or is he a selfish punk? Hmmm

he knows Kaep is better than him. He knows he couldn't make that play...

All that from a smile...ah...smirk? Really? Take the night off from criticizing Alex Smith and try to enjoy a win...unless that's not why you watch the games.
CK acts like a football. player. Has a feel for the game. Has instincts. Possesses a high degree of footballacality. Always feel like we're in the game with him. Can only get better.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/168860-san-francisco-49ers-new-orleans-saints-gameday-thread/page19

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Unbiased final opinion based on my knowledge of both teams this season/how s**t usually goes down in dome games:

Smith starts; Saints 21-6

Brees torches the crap out of our defense (who once again slips on its face), Saints D does to Alex what didn't work on Kaep in the Bears game: stuff the box, shut the run/play-action windows down, and put the game into Alex Smith's hands. -Smith fails to keep it a shoot-out, throws picks under pressure, and it turns into Giants game 2.0.

Kaepernick starts; 49ers 24-21

Brees torches the crap out of our defense (who once again slips on its face), Saints D struggles to defend on those long slant & hook routes (as they did against GB & Denver), and while the Saints are forced into nickel coverage, Gore & Hunter break huge gains up the middle. -Kaep makes a few mistakes, but puts the offense on his shoulders, and gets us into field goal range for an Akers redemption kick.

Damn, my prediction of the Saints scoring 21 points was correct!
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/168860-san-francisco-49ers-new-orleans-saints-gameday-thread/page19

Unbiased final opinion based on my knowledge of both teams this season/how s**t usually goes down in dome games:

Smith starts; Saints 21-6

Brees torches the crap out of our defense (who once again slips on its face), Saints D does to Alex what didn't work on Kaep in the Bears game: stuff the box, shut the run/play-action windows down, and put the game into Alex Smith's hands. -Smith fails to keep it a shoot-out, throws picks under pressure, and it turns into Giants game 2.0.

Kaepernick starts; 49ers 24-21

Brees torches the crap out of our defense (who once again slips on its face), Saints D struggles to defend on those long slant & hook routes (as they did against GB & Denver), and while the Saints are forced into nickel coverage, Gore & Hunter break huge gains up the middle. -Kaep makes a few mistakes, but puts the offense on his shoulders, and gets us into field goal range for an Akers redemption kick.

Damn, my prediction of the Saints scoring 21 points was correct!
where are all the predictions of us losing if we start kaep lol
That crew is the worst
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
That crew is the worst

Meanwhile Tony Dungy, who knows a thing or two about coaching a championship team (and possessing a franchise QB), that if he was Harbaugh, Kaep is a no-brainer, and the ultimate starter until otherwise.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Nov 25, 2012 at 9:25 PM ]

Yeah I watched that too. Rose asked him about our QB situation and he said, "I don't care." Then the question was asked about which QB we should go with vs the Rams. Both Deion and Irvin said Kaep, but Faulk instead called Kaep a "joker".

My gut tells me this guy just hates the fact that we finally have some big play ability, a al "greatest show on turf". Well, at least we're getting there.

I will be glad once we settle this unfinished business with the Rams, and bury them like we should've done 2 weeks ago.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
What's up with Alex Smith's smirk of disappointment after Kaep scored? Is he really a team player or is he a selfish punk? Hmmm

The players that reach the NFL are the best of the best. Some of them have not served in a backup role at any point prior to the NFL. They are all ultra-competitive athletes and would rather be playing instead of standing on the sidelines. It should not be surprising that Alex is disappointed with his current predicament.

He needs to learn that it's his time to step down

He's 28. He's younger than Weeden, for heaven's sake. He's not exactly Warren Moon playing at 40+ out there.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Yeah I watched that too. Rose asked him about our QB situation and he said, "I don't care." Then the question was asked about which QB we should go with vs the Rams. Both Deion and Irvin said Kaep, but Faulk instead called Kaep a "joker".

Better than Dione calling him the "Ace of Spades"
That crew is the worst

Meanwhile Tony Dungy, who knows a thing or two about coaching a championship team (and possessing a franchise QB), that if he was Harbaugh, Kaep is a no-brainer, and the ultimate starter until otherwise.

I wouldn't be surprised if NFLN goes back and reshoots that segment. Faulk looked angry and was a pure hater. The whole segment he had wrinkles between his eyes
Originally posted by iLL49er:
his throws were put in places that allowed the receivers to catch the ball and continue to make a play..something alex doesn't do

smith to moss vs cards there are more examples to show how wrong you are...smith to williams vs bills
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
#77, the guy who got ejected. Saints fans are saying we punched him in the balls first. Anybody got video?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000100679/article/brodrick-bunkley-kicks-alex-boone-in-head-fine-next

This is the only video that matters to me. Hope this dude catches a suspension

Boone tried to punch him. Boone did initiated

boone didn't initiate s**t, he was on the ground with 3 guys standing over him
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SoCal9er:

The players that reach the NFL are the best of the best. Some of them have not served in a backup role at any point prior to the NFL. They are all ultra-competitive athletes and would rather be playing instead of standing on the sidelines. It should not be surprising that Alex is disappointed with his current predicament.

He needs to learn that it's his time to step down

He's 28. He's younger than Weeden, for heaven's sake. He's not exactly Warren Moon playing at 40+ out there.