There are 170 users in the forums

"We're gonna go with the hotter hand"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cashmahne:
Last 2 games... roughly equal playing time...

Passing:
Alex Smith: 25 for 27, 304 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT
Colin Kaepernick: 27 of 40, 360 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT

Rushing:
Alex Smith: 3 rush, 11 yards
Colin Kaepernick: 8 rush, 88 yards, 1 TD

I like Alex Smith as much as anyone. But I feel like Kaep gives the Niners the chance to be explosive. And if he does well... with a great defense... good game NFL

those numbers don't equal out to Kap being more explosive though. Alex has 304 yards on 27 attempts. Kap has 360 yards but on 40 attempts.

If the team wants Kap--I assume Crab does based on his lukewarm history with Alex, then I think Harbaugh will go with the majority. What Vernon and Gore want will go a long way. It would be kind of fitting that Alex would lose his job during the best stretch of his career, all things considered. But, this late in the season? I think you dance with who brung you, and next season Kap is on deck.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Now this defense is aging? If our defense is aging, what are the Bears, Ravens, and Steelers defenses?

Methuselah
Meh, seems a mistake. If you want the change, you can sit on it and mention it in tomorrow's press conference.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Montana vs Young part deux? Who's supposed to be Montana, let alone Young?

I've seen comparisons to Brady too. People might want to slow down a little bit.

The Hot Hand
[ Edited by Fricker on Nov 19, 2012 at 10:10 PM ]
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
Bill Belichek never turned back when Brady took over for Bledsoe-- after three super bowl wins and 5 super bowl appearances, and Brady still rolling , Belicheck clearly made the best decision for his team. I trust whatever decision Harbaugh makes.

Bledsoe had a more serious injury that kept him out for weeks.

Also, Bledsoe did win the AFC Championship Game that year when Brady was injured.
we already know what alex smith can do. He's a game manager who just happened to ride a hot defense and running game to the 'ship last season. yes, he did lead a comeback victory against the Saints in the playoffs but he was HORRIBLE in the game vs the Giants. This year he has regressed and wasn't looking very good against the Rams He took too many sacks and got flustered way too easily. Time for Kaepernick to take over. At least reward the guy for having a good game. Did you all see the enthusiasm that our offensive players had for him when they caught those passes? AS can't make those and i'm not a hater. Just being realistic that's all.
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by cashmahne:
Last 2 games... roughly equal playing time...

Passing:
Alex Smith: 25 for 27, 304 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT
Colin Kaepernick: 27 of 40, 360 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT

Rushing:
Alex Smith: 3 rush, 11 yards
Colin Kaepernick: 8 rush, 88 yards, 1 TD

I like Alex Smith as much as anyone. But I feel like Kaep gives the Niners the chance to be explosive. And if he does well... with a great defense... good game NFL

those numbers don't equal out to Kap being more explosive though. Alex has 304 yards on 27 attempts. Kap has 360 yards but on 40 attempts.

If the team wants Kap--I assume Crab does based on his lukewarm history with Alex, then I think Harbaugh will go with the majority. What Vernon and Gore want will go a long way. It would be kind of fitting that Alex would lose his job during the best stretch of his career, all things considered. But, this late in the season? I think you dance with who brung you, and next season Kap is on deck.

Lol I thought the same thing. Those are arguably in Alex's favor
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
lol this

lol, yes i know they're more closer to rattay vs dorsey but that's not a sexy match up. montana vs young just seems to rile the fans up a bit more, passion wise
  • da209
  • Veteran
Dang I'm really starting to feel G bad for A. smith . s**tty head coaches, players, surgery and he finally starting to turn things around and then the coach what's to turn on you!
[ Edited by da209 on Nov 19, 2012 at 10:29 PM ]

Originally posted by Fricker:

The Hot Hand

Lmao
If Alex is 100% he should start. If he's 90% I'd let Kaep go again and if he does well again I'd consider making him the starter.

As of now, Alex has earned it and is safer. I'd like Alex to finish out this season and redeem himself in full with a SB, then transition to Kaep.

As awesome as Kap's performance was, it wouldn't be special if he weren't a first time starter facing the vaunted Bears (who were off tonight). The stats were mediocre, situation aside.
[ Edited by mug0mug on Nov 19, 2012 at 10:36 PM ]

That's what I was thinking.
[ Edited by TexasGuero49 on Nov 19, 2012 at 10:32 PM ]

LOL Flicker! Both Kaepernick and Alex know who has the hot hand.
[ Edited by SneakySniper on Nov 19, 2012 at 10:35 PM ]
Originally posted by da209:
Dang I'm really starting to feel G bad for A. smith . s**tty head coaches, players, surgery and he finally starting to turn things around and then the coach what's to turn on you!

May the best man wins!! Competition is only going to make the team that much better
Share 49ersWebzone