There are 39 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Official Aldon Smith's High Speed Car Chase to the Sack Record

Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
Aldon now has more sacks this season alone than Manny Lawson has in his entire 7 year career.

Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
He was close to having 4 sacks today. One he got robbed on a hold. and the other he just couldnt quite hold on. impressive.

Agree. I sure hope he can get it in the next couple of weeks and just pad the stats in week 17.

I think he ultimately gets it against the cards.

1.5 against the Pats
1.0 against the seahags

That would put him at 22.

Then probally 2 against the cards.

I felt bummed he left the one on the field, and the other he got screed with the hold, but i still think he gets it baring something catastrophic.
I think he has lost 5 sacks to penaltys. A few i remember being bs calls. He should already have the record.
Originally posted by tinygamelotsachances:
I think he has lost 5 sacks to penaltys. A few i remember being bs calls. He should already have the record.

Didn't his first sack of the season get wiped out because he took his helmet off after the play?
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
Originally posted by tinygamelotsachances:

Didn't his first sack of the season get wiped out because he took his helmet off after the play?

They can't take a play away due to unsportsmanlike conduct. They can only penalize for 15.
Only..three..games left..must.....
get.........the record
I think he will get it if not it will be a tie....
I think he gets the record against the shecocks sackin rasslin weenies.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Aldon now has more sacks this season alone than Manny Lawson has in his entire 7 year career.

Just throwing this in from NFL films last year

Aldon had another sack on tannehill, but instead went for the strip. Could have been an easy 3rd sack. Shucks. doesn't matter, we won.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kujon11:
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by kujon11:
only thing i would wonder is if aldon can maintain his dominant play when he doesnt have someone like justin smith playing next to him

Who knows??

that's the thing, jj watt and von miller don't have that benefit

Von Miller plays with Elvis Dumervil. Dumervil has 8 sacks. The blockers have to account for both Miller and Dumervil.
The presence of Dumervil benefits Miller.

Watt has people helping his play also. Antonio Smith made the Pro Bowl last year. Smith and Whitney Mercilus has have 5 sacks each this year.

Let's be clear, I am not trying to diminish or demean the play of either Miller or Watt.

There is no doubt that having Justin helps Aldon Smith.

But consider this. The players who played with Justin Smith before the arrival of Aldon Smith had the benefit of playing with Justin.
How many sacks did those players get?

There is no doubt that having Justin helps Aldon Smith.
[ Edited by buck on Dec 10, 2012 at 8:51 AM ]
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by ElDannMann:

Hahaha
  • Bodhi
  • Veteran
Don't forget next week is a prime time game

He's played pretty well in those so far