There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Can the 49ers got hot in playoffs

Can the 49ers got hot in playoffs

Even if Gire get hot I'm too hype
Who can got hot better than us?
Not a matter of 'can got'... but if gire...
i still want the #2 seed.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by BobS:
I don't know. I think a lot of teams are flat out better than us. The x-factor for us last year was the defense seemed to create turnovers at the right time. You can't count on that. Defense and special team play is down from last year. Our offense does not seem to be equipped to take up the slack. Akers looks like he got old overnight and with our offense we need a great place kicker. To beat better teams you need to take risks and have some luck, Harbaugh isn't a risk taker. Looks like we will be a 3 seed or worse. I don't look forward to having a road game in Chicago, or Green Bay in the play-offs, not good places to play in January.

Pretty much sums it up.

Still believe we got what it takes.
I hate to say it but I think we get hot only if we dont have a bye week. Just my opinion.. don't kill me
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by BobS:
I don't know. I think a lot of teams are flat out better than us. The x-factor for us last year was the defense seemed to create turnovers at the right time. You can't count on that. Defense and special team play is down from last year. Our offense does not seem to be equipped to take up the slack. Akers looks like he got old overnight and with our offense we need a great place kicker. To beat better teams you need to take risks and have some luck, Harbaugh isn't a risk taker. Looks like we will be a 3 seed or worse. I don't look forward to having a road game in Chicago, or Green Bay in the play-offs, not good places to play in January.

Pretty much sums it up.

Still believe we got what it takes.

Harsh opinion, Bob. Every team has flaws.
Unlikely. They have been very inconsistent all year long. To win 3 in a row in the playoffs or 4 against excellent teams with this inconsistent team is very unlikely.

You make a very good point. We've been wildly inconsistent all year long.
We started off pretty well, fell flat in Minnesota, blew up some bottom-feeders, got trounced by the Giants, played okay against the Cardinals, and tied with the Rams.

It's extremely hard to predict though. The Packers went 15-1 and were consistently dominant last year, and then were "one and done" in the playoffs. From what I saw in the playoffs last year though, our team played tough and had the opponents well-scouted. I like our chances in the playoffs, but I'd feel very good if our OFFENSIVE consistency was much better.
got hot = top cock

Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home