Not a member? Register Now!

Can the 49ers got hot in playoffs

Can the 49ers got hot in playoffs

• fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
Must edit the thread title......
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I don't know. I think a lot of teams are flat out better than us. The x-factor for us last year was the defense seemed to create turnovers at the right time. You can't count on that. Defense and special team play is down from last year. Our offense does not seem to be equipped to take up the slack. Akers looks like he got old overnight and with our offense we need a great place kicker. To beat better teams you need to take risks and have some luck, Harbaugh isn't a risk taker. Looks like we will be a 3 seed or worse. I don't look forward to having a road game in Chicago, or Green Bay in the play-offs, not good places to play in January.
Originally posted by BobS:
I don't know. I think a lot of teams are flat out better than us. The x-factor for us last year was the defense seemed to create turnovers at the right time. You can't count on that. Defense and special team play is down from last year. Our offense does not seem to be equipped to take up the slack. Akers looks like he got old overnight and with our offense we need a great place kicker. To beat better teams you need to take risks and have some luck, Harbaugh isn't a risk taker. Looks like we will be a 3 seed or worse. I don't look forward to having a road game in Chicago, or Green Bay in the play-offs, not good places to play in January.

Pretty much sums it up.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by BobS:

Pretty much sums it up.

agreed
lol, dis niagh drunk?
I just saw the poll at the top while reading page 3 hahaha

But in all seriousness, I was thinking about this today and have a gut feeling we get hot at the right time which is all that matters. We definitely have the team and coaching to get it done. I think this is the year everything falls into place for us at the right time.
Originally posted by SaksV:
Through that span of 3-9 in "cold weather" games since 2000, how many of those players are still on the roster? Brian Jennings? This is a totally new team.
The 49ers have players from all over who have played in cold weather before. I'm sure Anthony Davis knows what's it like to play in cold coming from Jersey....
The idea is to make sure everyone is focused on the game...that's up to the coaches. Those history stats mean nada.

Traditionally, the Niners have never been a cold weather team. It's not just the weather --- it's the location that plays a big part as well. Most of the cold weather playoff team reside in the eastern/central time zone, which also plays a major disadvantage for us.
can they? Sure! Will they? We will find out.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
lol, dis niagh drunk?

MAYBE!
Ok, I saw this tread title and said, "now that's a thread!" because that's the real question. How will this team roll into the postseason. Why all the cheeky posts on this thread???

At this point... NO idea. YET, it's a good thread going forward!

How will the current status of the team benefit/hurt us in the playoffs?

Anyone who's written or studied fiction knows... this is the point in the story where everything starts to go wrong! and through those trials, a dedication and desire to be great raises out of the chaos! Fiction.... I know, BUT watch any of the 5 Superbowl NFL films and you'll see the template!

For instance, 1994 season: 49ers vs. the Eagles (I was actually at that game) WE GOT EMBARRASSED!!!!

Currently, the drama is realllllllly good! Monday night will be interesting. Smith coming back after a concussion/Harbs coming back after a heart surgery!!!!

DON'T let it pass you by!!! This will be one of the top games of the year!!!!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
lets get to the playoffs first. i can see us losing every game we plays cept for maybe the dolphins and cardinals. 8 wins is a possibility plus seattle has the loss given to them. us being in the playoffs is not a certainty
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Anyone can. Except the Falcons. They eternally suck.

Haunted by the ghosts of Chris Chandler and Jamal Anderson, now and forever
Sure they can. Perhaps we finally unleash all of our offensive weapons because I'm certain no team in the NFC is prepared to defend against all that we should be able to do. Alex has shown he can get hot. That will be the key to victory in the playoffs.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
They can got hot.
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Anyone can. Except the Falcons. They eternally suck.

Haunted by the ghosts of Chris Chandler and Jamal Anderson, now and forever

Man, f**k Jamal Anderson