There are 227 users in the forums

We get no ... RESPECT!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
We haven't really play an elite team this year and won. Green Bay? I'm not going to count the first game of the season for anyone a measuring stick. We played the Giants and Vikings and lost. We have 2 elite teams in the next two weeks, Chicago and NO. If we beat them both, we'll get our respect again like we did last year.
Our defense killed last year and is rated at or near the top this year (in most categories), the STs are OK but not as good as last year, and the offense is better but hasn't proven themselves over time or by winning a Super Bowl. So it is fine that the team is under estimated. Eli Manning is now the toast of the NFL but until he won a Super Bowl he was Peyton's little brother.

The niners have to settle into a more consistent offense and win big in the playoffs to be considered an elite team. And Smith must play at his high level to be considered an elite QB..
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Nov 17, 2012 at 9:47 AM ]
Jim Harbaugh's fault
We should've made Jim Tomsula our headcoach instead of Jim Harbaugh

better win %
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I was about to say that championship caliber teams beat the teams they should beat, aka: s**tty teams. But the Giants just lost to the Bengals. Granted, not s**tty but neither are the rams anymore.

we didnt lose doe
Originally posted by blm7754:
We don't desrve much respect right now. We just tied with the Rams.

We have looked very different at different times this season. At times we have looked elite. At other times we have looked like s**t. So which is it?

We need a convincing win against a real contender on the national stage to get some respect. Let's go f**k up the Bears on Monday!

I agree with us not deserving respect at this time. But I disagree with being able to earn it against the Bears, esp. when Cutler may not start. I would prefer to see the 9ers manhandle the Bears with Cutler in it. I have to tell you I'm concerned about this game because although I know its going to be a low scoring game, the difference, which could put the Bears over the top is that 20% of their TDs are made by the defense. Esentially, we are going up against two offenses. I don't see us winning if we fall behind. Our offensee tends to be non existant against elite defenses.
[ Edited by LionHeartofGold on Nov 17, 2012 at 8:47 AM ]
Any team that gets dominated by the Rams at home doesn't deserve respect. With 4 road games against quality opponents coming up, I actually think the playoffs are in jeopardy.
Respect is earned.

We made it to the playoff once in 10 years.

I don't give a crap for their respect - I want Super Bowls - lots of Super Bowls
We got wiped by the Giants, and tied with the Rams... at home. We got rolled by the Vikings on the road. Our best wins came against the sorry-ass Jets and Bills. We're a very good team, but we don't deserve to be feared by other good teams.
Originally posted by dhp318:
We got wiped by the Giants, and tied with the Rams... at home. We got rolled by the Vikings on the road. Our best wins came against the sorry-ass Jets and Bills. We're a very good team, but we don't deserve to be feared by other good teams.

The Vikings are a good team this year, and the Rams arent a bottom feeder anymore.
Originally posted by JD9671:
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Bro! I now live in texas when they win a preseason game the cowgirlsTHE fans think superbowl LOL were back JUST GOT TO TAKE OF CARE THE BEARS....

Said he what

If you live in texas the houston banwagon is getting jump on right ? LOL!

Not in the DFW area. Its Cowboys or nothing.

Tie games will do that to us.
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Tie games will do that to us.

Bill walsh coached a tie game too in 1986 , 10-10 against the Falcons , that was more frustrating to watch than the Rams tie

Happens to the best of em
Originally posted by kingairta:
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Bro! I now live in texas when they win a preseason game the cowgirlsTHE fans think superbowl LOL were back JUST GOT TO TAKE OF CARE THE BEARS....

Said he what

If you live in texas the houston banwagon is getting jump on right ? LOL!

Not in the DFW area. Its Cowboys or nothing.

Yep, they're pretty loyal to the Boys around here, which is kind of impressive with how mediocre they've been. The only Texans fans I come across in DFW are people that haved moved to Dallas from Houston.

As far as my response to this post, IDGAF about respect as long as the Niners take care of business on the field, let your play do the talking
Originally posted by Niners99:
The Vikings are a good team this year, and the Rams arent a bottom feeder anymore.

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by dhp318:

but we were suppose to beat em easily..aren't we a elite team...
Originally posted by NYCNINER:
I hate to sound like Rodney Dangerfield but... I got into a heated work-place argument with a Bears fan today!! Constantly going at it with NY Giants fans!!! Dawned on me that the constant theme is that we are not respected or taken seriously... The usual stuff... Your QB stinks... Crabtree over rated... Davis has disappeared! Got to thinking ... Are "they" right or are we "faithful" right??? Not easy being the lone guy in the room flying the flag.

the fight with the giant fan is ainat disrespect more we gotta beat them when it counts. But after this whoopin we put on Chi tonight will shut many up
Share 49ersWebzone